Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: NY Daily News report: Glavine will re-up 2 yrs/25 mil

  1. #1

    NY Daily News report: Glavine will re-up 2 yrs/25 mil


  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,550
    It amazes me that we are still trying to build a winning starting pitching rotation around Glavine and Pedro.

    I'm okay with exercising Glavine's option for next year, but 2 more year... not sure about that. Especially if that money can be put toward acquiring more free agent talent.


    Hopefully, the owners are just really encouraged by this past season and are planning to spend even more dough this offseason. The revenue generated from this past season would allow the owners to spend bigger in the offseason. I just hope they spend it wisely and fortify the starting rotation with YOUNG arms.

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,356
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Whats wrong about it??

    As long as the Mets sign a FA or 2 or make a trade for a front line guy then keeping Glavine as the #3 or 4 is not bad at all..Who cares about what he makes, there is no cap and the Mets are gonna still spend more money...


    Pedro will be out the 1st half of the year...They are not gonna get an entire new staff so having Glavine can only help.

  4. #4
    i'm all for it.


    we will have padro back by july. in the meantime i see the mets signing a guy like zito. possibly making a trade, but i don't think that's as likely. we still have pelfrey and humber will be ready to pitch. perez and maine will be around. i think we should think aboutre-signing el duque as well.....


    that makes

    1- martinez
    2-zito
    3-glavine
    4-elduque
    5-maine/perez/pelfrey/humber/bannnister

    glavine is still a pretty good middle of the rotation pitcher and is a guy who can give you 35 solid starts and win you about 12-16 games.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    i'm all for it.


    we will have padro back by july. in the meantime i see the mets signing a guy like zito. possibly making a trade, but i don't think that's as likely. we still have pelfrey and humber will be ready to pitch. perez and maine will be around. i think we should think aboutre-signing el duque as well.....


    that makes

    1- martinez
    2-zito
    3-glavine
    4-elduque
    5-maine/perez/pelfrey/humber/bannnister

    glavine is still a pretty good middle of the rotation pitcher and is a guy who can give you 35 solid starts and win you about 12-16 games.

    why do you have pedro penciled in at all?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    why do you have pedro penciled in at all?

    because he will be back around june sometime....and if he's healthy pedro is a great pitcher.....i see no reason why he wouldn't be back in the rotation if he comes back and is healthy.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    because he will be back around june sometime....and if he's healthy pedro is a great pitcher.....i see no reason why he wouldn't be back in the rotation if he comes back and is healthy.
    you're pretty misinformed

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    because he will be back around june sometime....and if he's healthy pedro is a great pitcher.....i see no reason why he wouldn't be back in the rotation if he comes back and is healthy.
    Don't count on Pedro at all, if he comes back, great. If he doesn't then we're prepared to go on without him.

    I have no problem with resigning Glavine as a #2 (BTW, his Agent denied this report), but personally I think 2/25 is a bit excessive for somebody of his age. Either way we need to get a legit ace though.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    you're pretty misinformed


    ok, so inform me then.........

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    ok, so inform me then.........

    Pedro is done. Done.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    ok, so inform me then.........
    around june? that's never been said... we may get him in august, so that means, plan without him

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    around june? that's never been said... we may get him in august, so that means, plan without him


    i'm being optimistic.......they say he'll begin throwin off a mound around june

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    i'm being optimistic.......they say he'll begin throwin off a mound around june
    dude, he himself said he might retire if things don't play out right. there's no reason to count on pedro at all next year. if he does pitch, it's a bonus.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    dude, he himself said he might retire if things don't play out right. there's no reason to count on pedro at all next year. if he does pitch, it's a bonus.

    exactly. it would be a nice little gift to get sometime after june..........i never said i expected him to be there in the beginning of the season. i just put him in my rotatiom in that post for the hell of it i guess.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    exactly. it would be a nice little gift to get sometime after june..........i never said i expected him to be there in the beginning of the season. i just put him in my rotatiom in that post for the hell of it i guess.
    exactly? whatever dude

  16. #16
    With the Yankees about to re-sign Moose to a similar extension, it begs the question: Which pitcher would you rather have for the next 2 years?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    With the Yankees about to re-sign Moose to a similar extension, it begs the question: Which pitcher would you rather have for the next 2 years?
    Well, Mussina, but does it really matter?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Well, Mussina, but does it really matter?
    No. I'm just bored with the hot stove and want things to heat up... On another note, rotoworld is reporting that the Matsuzaka bidding will probably come down to the Mets or Yankees.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    No. I'm just bored with the hot stove and want things to heat up... On another note, rotoworld is reporting that the Matsuzaka bidding will probably come down to the Mets or Yankees.
    We should know Wed, right?

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    We should know Wed, right?
    That early ?? I wasn't aware of that.

    There's no question in my mind that the bidding comes down to the Mets and the Yankees.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us