Thread: ebay trading assistant-ebay motors - Northern NJ

JetsInsider.com Legend

ebay trading assistant-ebay motors - Northern NJ

Hey folks,

I've been an ebay-head for a long time, and recently ive been doing some Trading Assistant work, specifically with autos and ebay motors.

If anyone in Northern NJ (mainly Sussex/Morris counties) is interested in listing their vehicle on ebay, let me know.

Ive got a spotless ebay record, been doing this since 1999, and also have references available.

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...erid=fishooked

Thanks!

Good to know. Im looking for a 68-72 VW Bug that needs restoration. I saw you sold a 77 (curious what you got rid of that for). I used to have my fathers 70 bug, but due to very unfortunate circumstances, i had to get rid of the car. I promised myself before I die I will replace it.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Out of curiousity, how lucrative is this for you?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead
    Good to know. Im looking for a 68-72 VW Bug that needs restoration. I saw you sold a 77 (curious what you got rid of that for). I used to have my fathers 70 bug, but due to very unfortunate circumstances, i had to get rid of the car. I promised myself before I die I will replace it.
    Yeah, that 77 Bug was mine - I sold it for $500 after the engine died and it sat in my in-laws driveway for a few years... I loved that car...it was originally silver, but of course I had it painted green

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster
    Out of curiousity, how lucrative is this for you?
    Its ok. Its not really a constant flow of work, it always seems to come in surges.
    Springtime and fall always seem to be busiest for me. People try to unload their cars as part of spring or fall 'cleanup', for lack of a better word.

Anyway, its been fairly lucrative, as least when something does sell. Ebay is a great place to find something you cant find anywhere else, but its also rife with cheapskates, lol. Some people think that just because its on ebay it can be had for a cheap price.

Ive been lucky enough to the point that a lot of calls that I get to list a car, is that the car is fairly desireable and does sell. I dont charge people up front to list something, (just for the initial ebay listing fees), and only charge if it sells. My usual 'commission' is 3%-5%. So for example if a car sold for $20,000 Id get $1000. Not too shabby.

But I do a lot of business on referral and all of my deals are handshake deals. So Im pretty flexbile with the commission amount (to my wifes dismay, lol) If a guy sells his car for less than what he wanted to, I'll cut him a break.

Im not really a car expert, just something I listed a few of for some guy, next thing you know he was telling all his friends, so I guess thats how I got involved.

Right now I have a 1968 Camaro Convertible listed
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=1,1#mainImage

And I have another appointment on Saturday to meet the guys friend, who got wind of me, so Im going to list his car next.

Thanks for the interest, and sorry for rambling on...lol...too much coffee this am
    Last edited by Fishooked; 11-03-2006 at 09:36 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    I tried to start selling things on Ebay, but between the listing fees and commission, it's tough...