Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moroccan Wins Holocaust Cartoon Contest in Iran

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Moroccan Wins Holocaust Cartoon Contest in Iran

[QUOTE][B][U]Moroccan Wins Holocaust Cartoon Contest in Iran[/U][/B]

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

TEHRAN, Iran Iran awarded a Moroccan artist Wednesday the top prize in an exhibition of cartoons on the Holocaust that has received international condemnation, including from U.N. chief Kofi Annan.

Meant to be a response to the Danish cartoons of Islam's Prophet Muhammad that sparked rage among Muslims around the world, the exhibit appears inspired by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's tirades calling for Israel to be destroyed.

Tehran has several times announced plans to host a conference to examine the scientific evidence supporting the Holocaust, dismissing it as exaggerated. Its most recent announcement came in September during Annan's visit to the Iranian capital, where he said he discussed the cartoon show with officials.

Abdollah Derkaoui received US$12,000 for his work depicting an Israeli crane piling large cement blocks on Israel's security wall and gradually obscuring Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. A picture of Nazi Germany's Auschwitz concentration camp appears on the wall.

The mosque is Islam's third holiest site.

Tehran Museum of Contemporary Arts, next to the Palestinian Embassy, which was the Israeli diplomatic mission before the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

The exhibit curator, Masoud Shojai, said the contest will be an annual event.

"Actually, we will continue until the destruction of Israel," he said.

The display, comprising 204 entries from Iran and abroad, opened in August.

Carlos Latuff from Brazil and A. Chard from France jointly won the second prize of US$8,000 and Iran's Shahram Rezai received US$5,000 for third place.

Many Muslims considered the cartoons published by the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten a violation of traditions prohibiting images of their prophet.

The Tehran daily Hamshahri, a co-sponsor of the exhibition, said it wanted to test the West's tolerance for drawings about the Nazi killing of 6 million Jews in World War II. The entries on display came from nations including United States, Indonesia and Turkey.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Jewish People worldwide should riot, as Muslims did previously, over these types of representations?

Discuss.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goes to show how dumb they are!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are adding fuel to the fire with this one.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    To many Muslims, tolerance equals submission. We cannot simply tolerate Muslim traditions, we have to submit to them. The notion that non-muslims must abide by muslim traditions is horrible and dangerous, and our knee-jerk, apologetic, soft multi-culturalist PC nonsense only encourages such radicalism because it gives it results. We have a notion in the West that the fact that someone is upset about something is de facto proof that they are a victim that has been wronged. Jews don't expect non-jews to keep kosher diets and Catholics don't expect non-Catholics to abstain from meats on Fridays during Lent. Muslims shouldn't expect non-muslims to abide by their traditions. Period. Anything less is submission to Islam, not tolerance of it.

If the West had any stones whatsoever, we'd pubilsh cartoons of Mohammed every day in every single newspaper.
    Last edited by jets5ever; 11-01-2006 at 04:36 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    these people sound like good candidates for democracy

let's liberate them!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]these people sound like good candidates for democracy

let's liberate them![/QUOTE]

Do you ever post anything that ISN'T empty sarcasm anymore Bit?

Dear Lord, get a new schtick, eh? We all know the old one all too well already, some fresh new criticisms and sarcasm would be appreciated bro.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I wonder if Jewish People worldwide should riot, as Muslims did previously, over these types of representations?

Discuss.....[/QUOTE]

I dont know, do you think it is reasonable for them to riot?
    Why do you set such low standards for the civilized world. Yes there are groups of irrational folks who will overreact and riot. But this usually is a minority (even amongst Muslims). You are implying that b/c a small minority of Muslims have rioted in the past in response to similar story that somehow it would justify groups of Jews to respond in the same ridiculous manner. The Holocaust Cartoon Contest was not only in poor taste but flat out wrong. Rioting in response to this would be wrong. The Muslims who rioted in response to the Danish Cartoons were wrong to react that way. Get over it.
    This is the same BS you talk about with regards to treatment of enemy prisoners. You think just b/c a bunch of animals act like barbarians and dont play by the GC rules we should behave the same way. How about holding the USA and rest of Western world to higher standards than the barbarians.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Jew, I am outraged and offended. As an American, I am embarrassed that entries for this ridiculous contest came from the United States.

Do I feel the need to riot? No.

Does anyone other than me see the irony and stupidity in this contest? A Danish cartoonist publishes a cartoon of Muhammed in a Danish newspaper and the Iranians respond by having a Holocaust cartoon contest.

That would be like if the U.S. invaded Iraq after the World Trade Center got blown up by terrorists who were from Egypt and Saudi Arabia and trained in Afghanistan. :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]I dont know, do you think it is reasonable for them to riot?
    Why do you set such low standards for the civilized world. Yes there are groups of irrational folks who will overreact and riot. But this usually is a minority (even amongst Muslims). You are implying that b/c a small minority of Muslims have rioted in the past in response to similar story that somehow it would justify groups of Jews to respond in the same ridiculous manner. The Holocaust Cartoon Contest was not only in poor taste but flat out wrong. Rioting in response to this would be wrong. The Muslims who rioted in response to the Danish Cartoons were wrong to react that way. Get over it.
    This is the same BS you talk about with regards to treatment of enemy prisoners. You think just b/c a bunch of animals act like barbarians and dont play by the GC rules we should behave the same way. How about holding the USA and rest of Western world to higher standards than the barbarians.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think it's reasonable for them to riot, obviously (why Ken, where is YOUR "ounce" of intelligence, couldn't you see that I meant that sarcasticly? As a joke? :rolleyes: )

But I DO think your wanton excuse-making for the "animals" (really Ken? You think Muslims are "Animals" now? You sure?) who have rioted in the past is laughable. It's clear how you feel on this issue. Attacking Islam = Evil, Attacking the Jews = Okay.

And let me give you one last fact you might have overlooked. Barbarians destoyed Rome. The greatest civilization of it's Age, and perhaps a close Second to western civilization today in terms of greatness. Every Civilization can die, every one can fall, be destroyed. And all throughout history, it was always someone known as "Barbarians" who did the fall'in. If you think excusing their acts because they are "Barbarians" or "Animals" makes it all okay, you are QUITE mistaken Ken. Like the Romans before us, we have Barbarians at the Gates, and our future lies in our hands, and how we respond to these Barbarians. And we know how YOU would....with excuse making, understanding, and open arms.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]As a Jew, I am outraged and offended. As an American, I am embarrassed that entries for this ridiculous contest came from the United States.

Do I feel the need to riot? No.

Does anyone other than me see the irony and stupidity in this contest? A Danish cartoonist publishes a cartoon of Muhammed in a Danish newspaper and the Iranians respond by having a Holocaust cartoon contest.

That would be like if the U.S. invaded Iraq after the World Trade Center got blown up by terrorists who were from Egypt and Saudi Arabia and trained in Afghanistan. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

A Jew who doesnt know anything about how Muslim nations interact.
    Imagine that.
    P T Barnum was right!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet]A Jew who doesnt know anything about how Muslim nations interact.
    Imagine that.
    P T Barnum was right![/QUOTE]That's really funny, a right-wing, reactionary, paranoid chickenhawk calling me a sucker.

You're boy Bush said himself that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 within the last month.

Pay attention schmuck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]No, I don't think it's reasonable for them to riot, obviously (why Ken, where is YOUR "ounce" of intelligence, couldn't you see that I meant that sarcasticly? As a joke? :rolleyes: )

But I DO think your wanton excuse-making for the "animals" (really Ken? You think Muslims are "Animals" now? You sure?) who have rioted in the past is laughable. It's clear how you feel on this issue. Attacking Islam = Evil, Attacking the Jews = Okay.

And let me give you one last fact you might have overlooked. Barbarians destoyed Rome. The greatest civilization of it's Age, and perhaps a close Second to western civilization today in terms of greatness. Every Civilization can die, every one can fall, be destroyed. And all throughout history, it was always someone known as "Barbarians" who did the fall'in. If you think excusing their acts because they are "Barbarians" or "Animals" makes it all okay, you are QUITE mistaken Ken. Like the Romans before us, we have Barbarians at the Gates, and our future lies in our hands, and how we respond to these Barbarians. And we know how YOU would....with excuse making, understanding, and open arms.[/QUOTE]

No I do not think Muslims are "animals" i think people who riot and in the process cause widespread damage and hurt innocent people are "animals" REGARDLESS of their religion, Christion, jewish , muslim or whatever. Tell us, what percentage of the 1.5 billion muslims did you see out there rioting in response to the Danish Cartoons? May a few thousand, maybe 10 thousand? 50 Thousand? Ill even give you 100,000. Either way there is still another 1.49 billion who did not behave this way, yet you draw the conclusion that I meant all muslims are animals. Why ? Maybe b/c YOU believe that all muslims are animals.

[QUOTE]Attacking Islam = Evil, Attacking the Jews = Okay. [/QUOTE]

So you think I feel this way? How did you come to that conclusion? I assume you are using the same ridiculous lack of understanding that caused you think that Kerry was insulting the troops and not Bush. Or are you simply just putting words in my mouth. Maybe you actually think this way.

Your second passage is simply idiotic. Do you really think that it was [I]always [/I] Barbarians who lead to the fall of an Empire? Were the colonists barbarians when Britain was pushed out of the "New World". Take alook at European History, did the British, French, Russian empires alaways fall to Barbarians? How about the fall of Nazi Germany? I guess they also fell to those Barbarians ... the Americans and Europeans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jews have jobs and therefore cannot mass at noon in the hundreds of thousands to protest!
    It's nutz when muslims rally the way they do..It proves two points..there are to many unemployed muslims who can rally whenever they want, instead of being at work..and there are no rules against these kind of crazy demonstrations..
    Last edited by bman; 11-01-2006 at 11:23 PM.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]That's really funny, a right-wing, reactionary, paranoid chickenhawk calling me a sucker.

You're boy Bush said himself that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 within the last month.

Pay attention schmuck.[/QUOTE]

If I hated myself as much as you'd do, it might be funny.

But, being the in the midst of the WTC attack tends to
    give one the right perspective.

Oh....and Gastineau was WAY better than Klecko.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]No I do not think Muslims are "animals" i think people who riot and in the process cause widespread damage and hurt innocent people are "animals" REGARDLESS of their religion, Christion, jewish , muslim or whatever. Tell us, what percentage of the 1.5 billion muslims did you see out there rioting in response to the Danish Cartoons? May a few thousand, maybe 10 thousand? 50 Thousand? Ill even give you 100,000. Either way there is still another 1.49 billion who did not behave this way, yet you draw the conclusion that I meant all muslims are animals. Why ? Maybe b/c YOU believe that all muslims are animals.

Attacking Islam = Evil, Attacking the Jews = Okay.

[b]So you think I feel this way? How did you come to that conclusion?[/b] I assume you are using the same ridiculous lack of understanding that caused you think that Kerry was insulting the troops and not Bush. Or are you simply just putting words in my mouth. Maybe you actually think this way.

Your second passage is simply idiotic. Do you really think that it was [i]always [/i]Barbarians who lead to the fall of an Empire? Were the colonists barbarians when Britain was pushed out of the "New World". Take alook at European History, did the British, French, Russian empires alaways fall to Barbarians? How about the fall of Nazi Germany? I guess they also fell to those Barbarians ... the Americans and Europeans.[/QUOTE]

Look no further than here, for words put in the good (but foreign so we'll have to excuse his cultural bias) patriotic Anti-Semitic Drs. Mouth-all by himself:

[url="http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1415804&postcount=12"]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1415804&postcount=12[/url]

When you say "hate mongering H*be bastard", you've said it all.

Or like Kerri, did he really mean something else?

Wonder if he checks if his patients are circumcised before treating them?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]these people are filthy inbred animals

let's annihilate them![/QUOTE]

Fixed.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet]But, being the in the midst of the WTC attack tends to
    give one the right perspective.[/QUOTE]

The perspective to hate liberals!
    [url]http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/local_story_305084427.html[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet]Look no further than here, for words put in the good (but foreign so we'll have to excuse his cultural bias) patriotic Anti-Semitic Drs. Mouth-all by himself:

[url="http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1415804&postcount=12"]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1415804&postcount=12[/url]

When you say "hate mongering H*be bastard", you've said it all.

Or like Kerri, did he really mean something else?

Wonder if he checks if his patients are circumcised before treating them?[/QUOTE]

I was responding to this hate filled statement that you made, you jacka$$!!!

[QUOTE][B](Not fake American Cypridiots like you who can't even boot Turks out of Cyprus) [/B] [/QUOTE]

Its funny how the biggest bigot on this board calls me "anti-semetic"! Its kind a like when the chickenhawks accuse war-heroes of siding withthe enemy. Pathetic!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]To many Muslims, tolerance equals submission. We cannot simply tolerate Muslim traditions, we have to submit to them. The notion that non-muslims must abide by muslim traditions is horrible and dangerous, and our knee-jerk, apologetic, soft multi-culturalist PC nonsense only encourages such radicalism because it gives it results. We have a notion in the West that the fact that someone is upset about something is de facto proof that they are a victim that has been wronged. Jews don't expect non-jews to keep kosher diets and Catholics don't expect non-Catholics to abstain from meats on Fridays during Lent. Muslims shouldn't expect non-muslims to abide by their traditions. Period. Anything less is submission to Islam, not tolerance of it.

If the West had any stones whatsoever, we'd pubilsh cartoons of Mohammed every day in every single newspaper.[/QUOTE]

With all due respect to doggin, maybe [B]you[/B] should be running for office. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]I dont know, do you think it is reasonable for them to riot?
    This is the same BS you talk about with regards to treatment of enemy prisoners. You think just b/c a bunch of animals act like barbarians and dont play by the GC rules we should behave the same way. How about holding the USA and rest of Western world to higher standards than the barbarians.[/QUOTE]

You do realize those riots were called for by Muslim leaders? Muslim leaders have also called for the death sentence on writers and film producers as well as cartoonists. How many Muslim women are living under Sharia law? How many dead Muslims who encouraged their children to strap bombs on themselves or fly airplanes into building are receiving payment or tribute? How many of these suicide murderers are being martyred in Muslim communities?

No doubt there are hundreds of millions of Muslims who have no problem living side by side with their neighbors in an ever modernizing and changing world. But the death cult that is rising in the Muslim world is a movement that is being lead it's not some spontaneous uprising by a handful of bad apples.