Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: November 7th=Election Day

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: November 7th=Election Day

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=7][FONT=Georgia]So Vote[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Not a thread for your polititcal views, whatever they may be put them into action this upcoming Tuesday. Voting is our most fundamental right as Americans. It is the rarest and most powerful of privelages.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriously. Voting is key. but come on lets not beat around the "Bush", lets get the shade to change a little shall we...?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PMCRW]seriously. Voting is key. but come on lets not beat around the "Bush", lets get the shade to change a little shall we...?[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting we don't vote for retards? Hmmm..... interesting.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y]Are you suggesting we don't vote for retards? Hmmm..... interesting.[/QUOTE]

the Texans--not just the houston ones--might disagree with you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you don't vote, don't b**ch about how things are run.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    great post, Blair.

go out and vote, people. it truly is a great privilege.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]great post, Blair.

go out and vote, people. it truly is a great privilege.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're going to vote for really dumb people who are about to cause the fall of the American empire. Then stay home and watch the Price is Right please.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Not so sure there is anyone out there that deserves my vote.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y]Unless you're going to vote for really dumb people who are about to cause the fall of the American empire. Then stay home and watch the Price is Right please.[/QUOTE]

this thread wasn't intended to be political, so don't it drag it there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y]Unless you're going to vote for really dumb people who are about to cause the fall of the American empire. Then stay home and watch the Price is Right please.[/QUOTE]

You mean people who pronounce the word "American" as "Amerkin" and who although have access to the nuclear trigger cannot properly pronounce the world "nuclear"?

Let's not stay this course - I'd rather cut and run...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet]Not so sure there is anyone out there that deserves my vote.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you just have to decide between a turd on a platter or diarreah in a dixie cup.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

This applies to both of the presidential candidates last election, quite possibly the worst duo of candidates since the 2000 election: Moron A (Bush) and the even more idiotic Moron B (Kerry).

This election is purely a local one.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=davejet]You mean people who pronounce the word "American" as "Amerkin" and who although have access to the nuclear trigger cannot properly pronounce the world "nuclear"?

Let's not stay this course - I'd rather cut and run...[/QUOTE]

whatever, just vote. then you'll have nothing to complain about

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]whatever, just vote. then you'll have nothing to complain about[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

And if one really doesn't want to see an idiot end up as the presidential candidate, sign up for a specific party to vote in the primaries.

I signed up as a republican just so I can help keep morons like Bush and racists like Pat Buchanan to ever sniff another candidacy. If more swing voters did what I did, I guarantee we'd see much better candidates. No more turds like John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Pat Buchanan or George Bush and more intellectual, legitimate candidates that genuinely care about their people like Michael Bloomberg, Rudy Giuliani, Barak Obama, John McCain and Joe Lieberman.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=49ersJetsfan]Exactly.

And if one really doesn't want to see an idiot end up as the presidential candidate, sign up for a specific party to vote in the primaries.

I signed up as a republican just so I can help keep morons like Bush and racists like Pat Buchanan to ever sniff another candidacy. If more swing voters did what I did, I guarantee we'd see much better candidates. No more turds like John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Pat Buchanan or George Bush and more intellectual, legitimate candidates that genuinely care about their people like Michael Bloomberg, Rudy Giuliani, Barak Obama, John McCain and Joe Lieberman.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, the general voting public is nowhere near as smart as you. When you can't name the Speaker of the House, you probably don't know how elections work. And yet, the President it the dumb one. Right.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what's the point? DIdn't you realize after the coup d'etat of 2000 that they will just fix whatever election they want?

Whomever controls the voting equipment, controls the outcome...

[img]http://www.bumpertalk.com/bt/images/thumb/BD041A.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be at the Polls in NOV casting my vote for the best Republican we have to offer, whoever that may be.

Lets keep America Safe!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius]what's the point? DIdn't you realize after the coup d'etat of 2000 that they will just fix whatever election they want?

Whomever controls the voting equipment, controls the outcome...

[img]http://www.bumpertalk.com/bt/images/thumb/BD041A.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

The voting equipment was controlled by DEMOCRATS in those counties. The hanging chads were also designed by DEMOCRATS in those counties.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]unfortunately, the general voting public is nowhere near as smart as you. When you can't name the Speaker of the House, you probably don't know how elections work. And yet, the President it the dumb one. Right.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the connection between knowing the Speaker and knowing "how elections work"

Not to mention the post you quoted, 3 of the "good" candidates do NOT care about people other than themselves (Lieberman, McCain, Rudi... in that order), 1 is too new to know anything for sure (Obama) and the other has no chance (Bloomberg)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Babe]if i turned 18 october 28, can i vote in this election? i sent away for my voters registration card last month...[/QUOTE]

Probably not, Jetsbabe. You should recieve confirmation in the mail about your proper polling place. You probably wouldn't be registered this time around. I think the cut-off is very close to primary season.

***and just in general***
    I hope some of you at least give us 'third parties' a shot

VOTE LIBERTARIAN!!!!