How Can U Not Love This Guy

WOW!
    I dare the right wing to listen..
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNvUg3F58BE[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Kerry voted for the war, boss.

Face it - he's a loser.

LOL... what are you, kidding?

[IMG]http://www.iowapresidentialwatch.com/images/cartoons/KerryJokeMd.JPG[/IMG]

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Kerry voted for the war, boss.

Face it - he's a loser.[/QUOTE]
    Don't you really know what he voted for? Nobody voted for or against the war. They voted to give the President authority to go to war as one of the tools for him to use to pressure Iraq. There is a very big difference as you should know.

This is especially odd from the man who complained that Michael J. Fox was deceptive when he said that a candidate was opposed to the most promising form of stem cell research.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Don't you really know what he voted for? Nobody voted for or against the war. They voted to give the President authority to go to war as one of the tools for him to use to pressure Iraq. There is a very big difference as you should know.

This is especially odd from the man who complained that Michael J. Fox was deceptive when he said that a candidate was opposed to the most promising form of stem cell research.[/QUOTE]

I would disagree (suprise suprise eh?).

Voting to "Give the President Authority to Go to War" when it was clear and obvious that the President was, in fact, going to go to War IS voting for the War.

I.e. if I KNOW George Allen is going to eliminate funding for I-66 here in VA if elected, and I vote for him, by extention I am voting for the elimination of funds for I-66 (which is a hellish drive btw). I cannot vote for him, and then cry foul when he does exactly what he said he was going to do.

I see, to a small degree, where you're coming from Queens, but I just cannot agree.

Well Fish I partly agree with you - surprising heh :) . Many thought that Bush wanted to attack Iraq as soon as he took office. Anyone who voted for that resolution should have known but to be honest what Bush was saying at the time was he wanted the authority and I respect any Senator or Rep. who explained their vote by not wanting to withold that authority from the President.

I don't remember his name but one Republican Rep. from Calif was on Bill Maher one night and he vehemently argued this point as he is now against the war and was reminded of his vote.

Kerry tried to make that argument in 04 but of course he is so inarticulate that it never came out right.

I think he's got balls and states the truth..
    I AM SHOCKED this man lost to little bush

[QUOTE=bman]I think he's got balls and states the truth..
    I AM SHOCKED this man lost to little bush[/QUOTE]
    No I don't love this guy. I don't think he is the brightest light bulb and for a politician he has an extremely difficult time articulating a point.

He should be ashamed he lost to Bush, as Bush was so vulnerable but he was just an awful candidate.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Well Fish I partly agree with you - surprising heh :) . Many thought that Bush wanted to attack Iraq as soon as he took office. Anyone who voted for that resolution should have known but to be honest what Bush was saying at the time was he wanted the authority and I respect any Senator or Rep. who explained their vote by not wanting to withold that authority from the President.

I don't remember his name but one Republican Rep. from Calif was on Bill Maher one night and he vehemently argued this point as he is now against the war and was reminded of his vote.

Kerry tried to make that argument in 04 but of course he is so inarticulate that it never came out right.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but in an odd turn of events I will echo my friend Bitonti:

--If the President Wants the Authority to Wage War, he better damn sure get Congress to Declare a FORMAL State of War. Screw this "Presidential Action" thing, it's poppycock, and not how the country is supposed to be run.

If we, as a Nation, ever again wish to wage and win a War, it has to come from our Congress in an official Declaration. Otherwie, this "Blame the RPesident" mentallity is just far too east for his political opponents to fall into, regardless of the Pres's or their own party affiliation.

If our Congress had Declared War, officially, on Iraq, I guaratee you that we wouldn;t be in the shape we're in today, and wouldn;t have the division we have today. Unity wins wars in Democracies.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Fair enough, but in an odd turn of events I will echo my friend Bitonti:

--If the President Wants the Authority to Wage War, he better damn sure get Congress to Declare a FORMAL State of War. Screw this "Presidential Action" thing, it's poppycock, and not how the country is supposed to be run.

If we, as a Nation, ever again wish to wage and win a War, it has to come from our Congress in an official Declaration. Otherwie, this "Blame the RPesident" mentallity is just far too east for his political opponents to fall into, regardless of the Pres's or their own party affiliation.

If our Congress had Declared War, officially, on Iraq, I guaratee you that we wouldn;t be in the shape we're in today, and wouldn;t have the division we have today. Unity wins wars in Democracies.[/QUOTE]
    I agree completely. I also would wager that if that bill was for an official Declaration of War the vote would have been very different.

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]No I don't love this guy. I don't think he is the brightest light bulb and for a politician he has an extremely difficult time articulating a point.

He should be ashamed he lost to Bush, as Bush was so vulnerable but he was just an awful candidate.[/QUOTE]

I totally disagree..More people voted for Kerry than Reagan..He destroyed bush and embarrassed him in the debates..3 million evanagelicals came out for Bush due to his thoughts on gay marriage and abortion...Edwards didn't help at all..and people were scared and ran to chicken hawks (bush/cheney) for protection.
    Last edited by bman; 11-02-2006 at 05:31 PM.

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]No I don't love this guy. I don't think he is the brightest light bulb and for a politician he has an extremely difficult time articulating a point.

He should be ashamed he lost to Bush, as Bush was so vulnerable but he was just an awful candidate.[/QUOTE]

Kerry is not bright. He is an elitist. He sees himself and his friends as superior. More than likely, he is exactly the kind of boss that would drive us nuts. If her had any intelligence and any humility at all, he would have instantly seen how insulting his comment was and looked at it from the troops point of view. But he is neither smart enough or humble enough to do that. How can a smart man possibly suggest that the solution to terrorism ius to reduce it to the level of a nuisance, as Kerry said?

I think the one of the big differences between Clinton and Kerry is that Clinton veiled his true self from the American public for 5 or 6 years while Kerry could not do it for 5 or 6 months. Remember the map - 90+% of America rejected the character of Kerry - even at the expense of a man that the libs decry as totally unfit for office. That alone shows you how pathetic Kerry is.

Honestly, for the last 20 years as President, since Reagen, we have not had a President capable of inspiring the people. What we have had is a run off between two seriously flawed candidates. There is a very real chance Hillary will get the nod in 08...... that will make another candidate who can not unite and is chock full of warts.

I had achance to listen to Romnie (sp?) the Governor of Mass. He soundsed pretty good..... might be the candidate aagainst Hillary. If she runs, not one of the Republilcan states or counties will switch, but against a guy from Mass, she could lose some.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Don't you really know what he voted for? Nobody voted for or against the war. They voted to give the President authority to go to war as one of the tools for him to use to pressure Iraq. There is a very big difference as you should know.

This is especially odd from the man who complained that Michael J. Fox was deceptive when he said that a candidate was opposed to the most promising form of stem cell research.[/QUOTE]

He voted to authorize the use of force, right? Right.

The war wouldn't have happened without that authorization, right? Right.

Not very complicated, regardless of your laughable spinning.
    Last edited by jets5ever; 11-02-2006 at 06:04 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Well Fish I partly agree with you - surprising heh :) . Many thought that Bush wanted to attack Iraq as soon as he took office. Anyone who voted for that resolution should have known but to be honest what Bush was saying at the time was he wanted the authority and I respect any Senator or Rep. who explained their vote by not wanting to withold that authority from the President.

Kerry tried to make that argument in 04 but of course he is so inarticulate that it never came out right.[/QUOTE]

You are simply falling victim to Kerry's spin and the spin of everyone who supported the war when it was popular and who now is against it since it is unpopular. Kerry took sh*t for not voting to support the Gulf war in 1991 and, with his long track record of being anti-military, felt that in order to show his chops on foreign policy for the 2004 race, he needed to support the 2003 vote and look tough. So he voted to authorize the use of force. He did it purely as part of his strategy to win in 2004 and to make amends for what he perceived as a weakness (his nay vote in 1991). He is simply not a man of true convictions. People have figured that out. Now, again, Kerry is against the war and is laughably trying to explain away his vote in support of it. You can argue semantics all you want, but Kerry's inarticulateness is not the problem, his track record is. He is a transparent weathervane who has no true convictions, other than personal ambition. This has been crystal clear throughout his entire political career. Sorry - he's the best the Dems could do in 2004. He's ALWAYS been a bad candidate...that's why Gore passed over him in 2000 and why he's essentially a joke now, even within his own party.

TMahoney
    [QUOTE=pauliec][IMG]http://www.iowapresidentialwatch.com/images/cartoons/KerryJokeMd.JPG[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Ahahhahah

[QUOTE=jets5ever]You are simply falling victim to Kerry's spin and the spin of everyone who supported the war when it was popular and who now is against it since it is unpopular. Kerry took sh*t for not voting to support the Gulf war in 1991 and, with his long track record of being anti-military, felt that in order to show his chops on foreign policy for the 2004 race, he needed to support the 2003 vote and look tough. So he voted to authorize the use of force. He did it purely as part of his strategy to win in 2004 and to make amends for what he perceived as a weakness (his nay vote in 1991). He is simply not a man of true convictions. People have figured that out. Now, again, Kerry is against the war and is laughably trying to explain away his vote in support of it. You can argue semantics all you want, but Kerry's inarticulateness is not the problem, his track record is. He is a transparent weathervane who has no true convictions, other than personal ambition. This has been crystal clear throughout his entire political career. Sorry - he's the best the Dems could do in 2004. He's ALWAYS been a bad candidate...that's why Gore passed over him in 2000 and why he's essentially a joke now, even within his own party.[/QUOTE]
    Hey I agree with much you say about Kerry. I was not for him getting the nomination and nothing he has done since has impressed me but I disagree with you completely about the war resolution.

It is not spin and many who voted as such explained that at the time. Do you honestly believe that if it was a Declaration of War the vote would have been the same.

I guess you must have forgotten but at the time there was much pressure being put on Iraq and many thought it was a good idea to give the President the authority to use force if he thought it wise. Now of course we see it was all a farce as he wanted to invade Iraq no matter what.

There were many who thought that force should be used as a last resort after we try through the UN to get the proper inspections. Those people voted for the resolution but don't think that Bush tried to do all he could beforehand.

Don't make this just a Kerry thing. There are a lot of people who felt that way. I agree what you said about Kerry and his vote but that doesn't mean it was true of them all.

As a combat decorated vet of Vietnam, I would love 5 minutes with this POS...trust me, he will get his...it's coming.

Amazing, isn't it, that each time he makes statements denigrating our military he makes a statement the next day saying that he was either misquoted or misunderstood?

Remember when he was campaigning for the presidency, his wife had made a nasty remark about George Bush, and told the reporter who asked her to clarify it that he and "the media" made it up, all a lie, and told him to "shove it"?-all networks followed that clip by playing tape of her saying what she had denied?

John and Theresa Kerry seem to think the American people are stupid, and will accept it when they claim that the "media" twist their words, or they made a mis-statement. A "botched joke" being the latest explanation.
    What about Kerry's past history attacking our military? He accused his unit of atrocities perpetrated on Vietnamese civilians, but stated that he had no memory of participating. Convenient.

He voted to send troops to Iraq- but that was before he decided against it.
    Some of you may accept his excuse of a "botched joke"- this is not the first time he has insulted our soldiers. Once again, he was "misunderstood". Couldn't blame it on the media "misquoting" him this time though, could he?

I hope he keeps right on talking, in spite of several Democrat Senators saying that he should keep his mouth shut until after next week's elections...John Kerry and Howard Dean couldn't do more for the Republican party if they were paid!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Hey I agree with much you say about Kerry. I was not for him getting the nomination and nothing he has done since has impressed me but I disagree with you completely about the war resolution.

It is not spin and many who voted as such explained that at the time. Do you honestly believe that if it was a Declaration of War the vote would have been the same.

I guess you must have forgotten but at the time there was much pressure being put on Iraq and many thought it was a good idea to give the President the authority to use force if he thought it wise. Now of course we see it was all a farce as he wanted to invade Iraq no matter what.

There were many who thought that force should be used as a last resort after we try through the UN to get the proper inspections. Those people voted for the resolution but don't think that Bush tried to do all he could beforehand.

Don't make this just a Kerry thing. There are a lot of people who felt that way. I agree what you said about Kerry and his vote but that doesn't mean it was true of them all.[/QUOTE]

So, you think if the war was still polling at 75% support that these politicians wouldn't be singing a different tune right now? C'mon, man....

It was not a farce, sorry, I simply disagree. We did go through the UN and did get inspections and Saddam (again) didn't comply with 1441, Blix said so himself. (Do YOU remember that?) Again, you are trying to spin your way out of the unfortunate fact that many people you support voted for this authorization. No one's buying it.