Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feds Order New York Schools to Have Cheerleaders at Girls' Sporting Events

Feds Order New York Schools to Have Cheerleaders at Girls' Sporting Events

[QUOTE]Feds Order New York Schools to Have Cheerleaders at Girls' Sporting Events, Too

Thursday , November 02, 2006

VESTAL, N.Y. The federal government is telling several New York school districts that girls' sporting events should have cheerleaders, too.

The Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights has concluded that school districts violated the law by having cheerleaders only at boys' basketball, baseball and softball games, and not at girls' games.

Investigators interviewed school administrators and athletes in response to a complaint filed early this year by a Binghamton-area parent.

The superintendent of the Vestal Central School District says the federal agency expressed concerns about the amount of promotion girls' sports received compared to the boys' program.

He says from now on, cheerleaders will be required to perform at an equal number of girls' and boys' games.

The complaint focused on the Southern Tier Athletic Conference, which includes 20 school districts.[/QUOTE]

Discuss...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish]Discuss...[/QUOTE]

dude- could you put "what's your opinion" at the end instead of "discuss!"....

it sounds very elitist, pompous and condescending....something I expect from bitonti or QJF rather than you...just sayin....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]dude- could you put "what's your opinion" at the end instead of "discuss!"....

it sounds very elitist, pompous and condescending....something I expect from bitonti or QJF rather than you...just sayin....[/QUOTE]

Sure bro, no worries. Carryover from the discussion style of another board (boards actually) I frequent. I'll try to be slightly less pompous next time, eh? ;) :yes: :D

Hall Of Fame
    Well, thank GOD this problem is now solved! I mean, surely this is an issue that cries out for a response from the [I]federal[/I] government.

Only CBNY and his like would think the word [I]discuss [/I] is elitist and pompous. In my mind saying that is elitist and pompous.

Discuss

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Only CBNY and his like would think the word [I]discuss [/I] is elitist and pompous. In my mind saying that is elitist and pompous.

Discuss[/QUOTE]

Didn't you know QJF?

Discussion = Part of the Axis of Evil

You don't discuss... you just blow'em up real good!

[QUOTE=broadwayjoe2]Didn't you know QJF?

You don't discuss... you just blow'em up real good![/QUOTE]
    Sorry I didn't know that. Thanks for the education. I guess that looking up talking points is much easier than having a true discusion - especially when eventually you can bland everything on Clinton and Carter. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=broadwayjoe2]Didn't you know QJF?

You don't discuss... you just blow'em up real good![/QUOTE]

dumb.....

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Only CBNY and his like would think the word [I]discuss [/I] is elitist and pompous. In my mind saying that is elitist and pompous.

Discuss[/QUOTE]

dumber...

hopefully jetphag will throw one in this thread and we'll have the axis of stupidity....

Being called 'dumb' by someone who thinks the word 'Discuss' is elitist doesn't exactly sting.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]dumb.....

dumber...

hopefully jetphag will throw one in this thread and we'll have the axis of stupidity....[/QUOTE]
    So please tell me o smart one why Jetphan in your vocabulary is Jetphag? For what reason did you change the n to a g? Do you know him? Is the fact that he might have views more liberal than yours mean that he is gay? Is there anything wrong with gay people?

I realize that these are a lot of questions for you, and you might not have talking points for them but I would appreciate your answers.

Thank you in advance.

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]So please tell me o smart one why Jetphan in your vocabulary is Jetphag? For what reason did you change the n to a g? Do you know him? Is the fact that he might have views more liberal than yours mean that he is gay? Is there anything wrong with gay people?

I realize that these are a lot of questions for you, and you might not have talking points for them but I would appreciate your answers.

Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely like to hear a DISCUSSION on this as well.

[QUOTE=broadwayjoe2]I would definitely like to hear a DISCUSSION on this as well.[/QUOTE]
    I saw he was on the thread and left. He must be having a hard time finding talking points for those questions.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]So please tell me o smart one why Jetphan in your vocabulary is Jetphag? For what reason did you change the n to a g? Do you know him? Is the fact that he might have views more liberal than yours mean that he is gay? Is there anything wrong with gay people?

Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]

right...

he (jetsphag) has had no problem referring to people he does not know on this board as "racist" because posters did not agree with his anti-American views...

of course a hypocrite like yourself, who is completely full of sh!t, would not call him out on it...woulda now??

so don't whine to me like a little b!tch about BS like this....how's that for talking points??
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-02-2006 at 10:01 PM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]right...

he (jetsphag) has had no problem referring to people he does not know on this board as "racist" because posters did not agree with his anti-American views...

of course a hypocrite like yourself, who is completely full of sh!t, would not call him out on it...woulda now??

so don't whine to me like a little b!tch about BS like this....how's that for talking points??[/QUOTE]

So you're saying people who are Anti-American are Gay?

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]right...

so don't whine to me like a little b!tch about BS like this....how's that for talking points??[/QUOTE]
    Oh did you ever think that maybe the person he called a racist did write something bigoted? Is that possible? Also if he disagrees with you that makes him Anti-American. CB you are so far out there you fall off the spectrum. I will call you out as being anti-American because obviously you don't believe in free speech and democracy. You should live in a dictatorship where everything is controlled.

I mean look at you. Because I ask why you call him Jetphag that makes me whiney like a little *****?

You are totally hopeless and pathetic and not appreciative to live in a democracy where so many shed their blood for people to have freedoms that you totally abuse.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

more typical bullsh!t hypocrisy from the dumbest poster on the board...

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Oh did you ever think that maybe the person he called a racist did write something bigoted? Is that possible? Also if he disagrees with you that makes him Anti-American. CB you are so far out there you fall off the spectrum. [SIZE=3][B]I will call you out as being anti-American because obviously you don't believe in free speech and democracy. [/B] [/SIZE] You should live in a dictatorship where everything is controlled.

I mean look at you. Because I ask why you call him Jetphag that makes me whiney like a little *****?

You are totally hopeless and pathetic and not appreciative to live in a democracy where so many shed their blood for people to have freedoms that you totally abuse.[/QUOTE]

yet numbnuts has a conniption because I call a poster jetsphag....what a dumb POS.....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]more typical bullsh!t hypocrisy from the dumbest poster on the board...

yet numbnuts has a conniption because I call a poster jetsphag....what a dumb POS.....[/QUOTE]
    And you are prime example #1 of what is wrong with our country. I take your insults as a badge of honor. You deserve to be called out as you disgrace this board and all those who care of the greatness that is the US of A.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]And you are prime example #1 of what is wrong with our country. I take your insults as a badge of honor. You deserve to be called out as you disgrace this board and all those who care of the greatness that is the US of A.[/QUOTE]

a post such as this is classic from a clown like you who constantly needs to be educated to the facts thread after thread after thread....

the fact you can't even see through your elitist fog is pathetic....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Oh did you ever think that maybe the person he called a racist did write something bigoted? Is that possible? Also if he disagrees with you that makes him Anti-American. CB you are so far out there you fall off the spectrum. I will call you out as being anti-American because obviously you don't believe in free speech and democracy. You should live in a dictatorship where everything is controlled.

You are totally hopeless and pathetic and not appreciative to live in a democracy where so many shed their blood for people to have freedoms that you totally abuse.[/QUOTE]

So, when jetsphan insults people it's ok, but when CBTNY does it's not? Being called a racist is much worse than being called a fag, in my view...especially when the latter insult is a CLEARLY just play on a poster's name and not a serious assertion that the poster is, in fact, homosexual. A child knows this. Phan was, however, clearly and seriouly calling someone a racist and it was not a playful dig or just a play on words.

Also, is it possible that some posters say things that are, in fact, Anti-American? Why does phan get to make serious insults but CBTNY does not?

Again, your refusal to own up to your biases is astounding. Am I biased towards CBTNY because we agree most of the time? You bet I am! Are you biased towards Phan because you agree most of the time? You bet. Just ADMIT it and stop rationalizing and wagging your finger. It gets old.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://www.4guysandablog.com/uploaded_images/mugshot-722105.jpg[/IMG]
    sounds like something these two might enjoy

Onto another topic, you guys blasting away at eachother in this thread stop now. I know I have called the political forum the wild west before, however I'm sick of seeing the attacks on a daily basis. If you don't agree don't attack, otherwise I start giving vacations.