Thread: Another Right Wing Republican Gay Scandle

All Pro

Another Right Wing Republican Gay Scandle

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061103/ap_on_re_us/haggard_sex_allegations[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=2009fatman][url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061103/ap_on_re_us/haggard_sex_allegations[/url][/QUOTE]

Old news. Check the other thread. I am glad another dirtbag gets outed. By-the-way not all right-wingers are evangelists. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Hypocrisy is the only moral judgment liberals are capable of making these days, which is sad. According to their logic, it is better to have no morals at all than to have some yet fail to live up to them.

Conservatives know that moral failings are a part of life. Most of them sincerely regret their failures and try to learn from them and improve their character through the process. I can't pretend to know this guy's character and he sure as hell seems like a sc*mbag, no doubt. However, I do know that many liberals simply lack the intestinal fortitude to look inward towards moral failure and call it such when the subject is themselves. Rather, they simply rationalize that there is no such thing as moral failure, and they turn around and attack anyone who does espouse a moral code that frowns upon some of their activities as someone who is "judging" them or their lifestyle. All lifestyles are equal...except for those who choose to live their lives saying one thing and doing another, like this person apparently does. Those people and those people alone can be condemned with charges of "hypocrite!!!!!!!" Meanwhile, countless Democrats and liberals who lecture people about global warming fly in private jets than burn more fuel in one cross country trip than most households do in a year, or they vote to raise other people's taxes while not paying their fair share themselves. Those charges of hypocrisy are somewhat more muted from the left - their glee seems reserved for conservatives who espouse a moral code and fail to live up to it. This example perhaps doesn't fit exactly, since this person likely doesn't sincerely believe in the moral code he publicly espouses. However, how many times have liberals pointed to divorce rates in red states as some sort of proof of something or other? Conservatives, in my opinion, are more honest and frank about their own moral failures and man's ultimate capacity for sin and spend less time trying to rationalize their sinful behavior. They will not attempt to state that divorce is okay, even if they have gone through one themselves. They will recognize it as a moral failure, they will not try to spin it. I am not sure I can say the same about liberals, from my experience.

A wise man once said, "Hypocrisy is the tribute vice plays to virtue. Such a tribute recognizes the superiority of virtue. Hiding your habitual sins may mean that conscience is still alive and still recognizes sinfulness. It is a cause for hope. A brazen flaunting of sinful behavior is much worse than guiltily skulking around."