Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America is now seen as a threat to world peace

America is now seen as a threat to world peace

The survey has been carried out by the Guardian in Britain and leading newspapers in Israel (Haaretz), Canada (La Presse and Toronto Star) and Mexico (Reforma), using professional local opinion polling in each country.

It exposes high levels of distrust. In Britain, 69% of those questioned say they believe US policy has made the world less safe since 2001, with only 7% thinking action in Iraq and Afghanistan has increased global security.

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0%2C%2C1938434%2C00.html[/url]

A. I stopped trusting polling a long time agao when I realized how inaccurate it usually is.

B. If the people of those Nations DO truly feel we're the evil, fine, just makes me want to go back to my "Turtle America" policy. You got issue, too ****ing bad, fix um' yourself this time.

And Mexico, of all of them, should be taught a lesson...i.e. closed border, limited trade, the full round up of illegals and deportation back to Mexico, heavy repurcussions for Mexico if they continue to promote (not just allow, but promote) illegal immigration into the U.S.

[QUOTE=Warfish]A. I stopped trusting polling a long time agao when I realized how inaccurate it usually is.

B. If the people of those Nations DO truly feel we're the evil, fine, just makes me want to go back to my "Turtle America" policy. You got issue, too ****ing bad, fix um' yourself this time.

And Mexico, of all of them, should be taught a lesson...i.e. closed border, limited trade, the full round up of illegals and deportation back to Mexico, heavy repurcussions for Mexico if they continue to promote (not just allow, but promote) illegal immigration into the U.S.[/QUOTE]

I stated before, America first, second, third......

I'm sure the poll reflected people who know all of he major facts involved. Classic liberal propoganda.

When the US joined WWII, did it make the world less safe? You bet - for the short term. The thinking here isthe long term.

Are things les safe in Europe since 1945?

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]The survey has been carried out by the Guardian in Britain and leading newspapers in Israel (Haaretz), Canada (La Presse and Toronto Star) and Mexico (Reforma), using professional local opinion polling in each country.

It exposes high levels of distrust. In Britain, 69% of those questioned say they believe US policy has made the world less safe since 2001, with only 7% thinking action in Iraq and Afghanistan has increased global security.

[url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0%2C%2C1938434%2C00.html"]http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0%2C%2C1938434%2C00.html[/url][/QUOTE]

All the usual Anti-American foreign papers.
    Al-Guardian? Toronto Star?
    Quelle surprise.

"I'm for America 1st 2nd & 3rd."-baloney

[QUOTE=flushingjet]All the usual Anti-American foreign papers.
    Al-Guardian? Toronto Star?
    Quelle surprise.

"I'm for America 1st 2nd & 3rd."-baloney[/QUOTE]

I did not make the news, I just posted it.....And I stand by my thoughts....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The Guardian...

isn't that the same British newspaper that started a letter writining campaign and had British citizens write letters to people in Ohio asking them to vote for jean kerri instead of GWB just prior to the 2004 election???

nah- no agenda or bias here...

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I did not make the news, I just posted it.....And I stand by my thoughts....[/QUOTE]

I could buy a parrot, have him read those papers, and get the same or higher level of thoughtfulness.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=flushingjet]I could buy a parrot, have him read those papers, and get the same or higher level of thoughtfulness.[/QUOTE]

now that's a good one....

think he'll post the most recent Ford Jr/Corker poll??? or he has no interest in that one....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]now that's a good one....

think he'll post the most recent Ford Jr/Corker poll??? or he has no interest in that one....[/QUOTE]

I don't like mixing subject (topics) but HFJ appears to be losing ground in the polls since that racist ad was highlighted.

Again (rascism), this is why most Black Americans don't vote republican. Why would I cast a vote for those that highlight the worst element in American society?

The American people have spoken and the ad was deleted from tv. However, the damage inflicted was immense (as per the polls) and it is another wound in the republican effort to get the Black American voter.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I don't like mixing subject (topics) but HFJ appears to be losing ground in the polls since that racist ad was highlighted.

Again (rascism), this is why most Black Americans don't vote republican. Why would I cast a vote for those that highlight the worst element in American society?

The American people have spoken and the ad was deleted from tv. However, the damage inflicted was immense (as per the polls) and it is another wound in the republican effort to get the Black American voter.[/QUOTE]

The American people have spoken??? Are you .00001% serious??

You truly think people from 51 states care about an ad that pertained to a senate race which effects the state of Tennessee???

That's almost as hysterical as your b!tchin that Corker would not debate Ford on MTP- as though most Americans are concerned about the Tennessee senate race....hysterical....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]The American people have spoken??? Are you .00001% serious??

You truly think people from 51 states care about an ad that pertained to a senate race which effects the state of Tennessee???

That's almost as hysterical as your b!tchin that Corker would not debate Ford on MTP- as though most Americans are concerned about the Tennessee senate race....hysterical....[/QUOTE]

The republicans have made an effort to keep control of that state. I have a major interest in Tn as I do work in the state and have to walk (drive) those streets.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]The republicans have made an effort to keep control of that state. I have a major interest in Tn as I do work in the state and have to walk (drive) those streets.[/QUOTE]

wonderful....care to answer the post directly???

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]wonderful....care to answer the post directly???[/QUOTE]

I did answer it directly. The republicans want to keep TN. If they lose it they lose control of the Senate also.

So they must care.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I did answer it directly. The republicans want to keep TN. If they lose it they lose control of the Senate also.

So they must care.....[/QUOTE]

you didn't come close to answering the post....

your contention was the ad was pulled because "the American people spoke"...you since backtracked and gave me all this dribble about Algore's home state...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you didn't come close to answering the post....

your contention was the ad was pulled because "the American people spoke"...you since backtracked and gave me all this dribble about Algore's home state...[/QUOTE]

:confused: :( :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I don't like mixing subject (topics) but HFJ appears to be losing ground in the polls since that racist ad was highlighted.

The American people have spoken and the ad was deleted from tv. However, the damage inflicted was immense (as per the polls) and it is another wound in the republican effort to get the Black American voter.[/QUOTE]

Can I ask you a very serious question that I hope comes out right. I have thuoght about this a bunch and can't come up with an answer except that the african american population doesn't like Republicans. I am not sure why because consistently Republicans have helped such things as segregation(southern Dems against), freeing the slaves and now placing african americans in the highest positions of power in our country's history (Thomas, Rice, Powell). What have the Democrats done to be the default vote getter?

[QUOTE=JCnflies]Can I ask you a very serious question that I hope comes out right. I have thuoght about this a bunch and can't come up with an answer except that the african american population doesn't like Republicans. I am not sure why because consistently Republicans have helped such things as segregation(southern Dems against), freeing the slaves and now placing african americans in the highest positions of power in our country's history (Thomas, Rice, Powell). What have the Democrats done to be the default vote getter?[/QUOTE]

Let me frame this correctly also. This is just my view and not the total view of my community.

I can't honestly say that the dems have done a whole lot of things for the African American community. Since Dr. King died though, it looks to me that the dems have been more willing to listen and make a real effort to court the community.

The tactics used by the republicans, have been more divisive and antagonistic (H Ford Jr, Willie Horton, welfare queen etc.) portrayals are just not realistic. However there is an element in American that will believe that.

The democrats also have a better distribution of money to the people than to republicans. I hear African American people tell me all the time, "when Clinton was in office I had more money"

Money does not seem to flow well through the community when the republicans are in office. Since Bush has been in office I have had a much tougher time getting contracts myself.

Maybe it is due to the major contracts getting "no bid". Whatever it is, it is a real issue to me and people in my community.

The slow response to Katrina, really hurt the republicans this time in the community. I don't know how Bush can fix that. He had a chance to make a major move that athe dems would have a difficult time recovering from and he blew it.

This guy is just not opportunistic or his people around him are not.

I know that he appointed Powell ad Condi in high positions. My father and I discuss that often. The issue here is that he did not like what Powell was prescribing to and Condi is not the best representative for African Americans.

Most that I know are ashamed of her positions. She is nothing more than a parrot for the Bush doctrine. She never answers any questions on the talk shows.

It looks as though the republicans do things and then they screw tings up badly trying to appeal to an element that is hostile to us. Again, look at the Katrina opportunity. Bush delivers like he should have, no doubt about the election next week....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish]And Mexico, of all of them, should be taught a lesson....[/QUOTE]

My landscaper is shaking in his boots... ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JCnflies]Can I ask you a very serious question that I hope comes out right. I have thuoght about this a bunch and can't come up with an answer except that the african american population doesn't like Republicans. I am not sure why because consistently Republicans have helped such things as segregation(southern Dems against), freeing the slaves and now placing african americans in the highest positions of power in our country's history (Thomas, Rice, Powell). What have the Democrats done to be the default vote getter?[/QUOTE]

the answer is simple to me....

the liberals started some effective entitlement programs like welfare, medicaid, etc 40 years ago to help minorities and underprivilaged....these programs have now become like addicitve narcotics to many of these groups and the dims use that to leverage votes...

they say dims care about the poor more than Republicans...and it's true- they care about them so much they keep them poor so as to be able to continually promise them the welfare that has been received generation after generation and as a result keep their voting block in tow....

and while there are people who need help, there are an equal amount who just want the free handout...they can be black, poor white people or anything else...

is there any any irony that the people who line roads daily looking for work are almost exclusively latino???

I'm sure I'll be called a bigot, etc after this post but when you really think about it those are the facts...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 11-04-2006 at 06:17 PM.