Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Army Times: "Time for Rumsfeld to go"

Army Times: "Time for Rumsfeld to go"

But until recently, the "hard bruising" truth about the Iraq war has been difficult to come by from leaders in Washington. One rosy reassurance after another has been handed down by President Bush, Vice President Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld: "mission accomplished," the insurgency is "in its last throes," and "back off," we know what we're doing, are a few choice examples.

Army Gen. John Abizaid, chief of U.S. Central Command, told a Senate Armed Services Committee in September: "I believe that the sectarian violence is probably as bad as I've seen it ... and that if not stopped, it is possible that Iraq could move towards civil war."

Last week, someone leaked to The New York Times a Central Command briefing slide showing an assessment that the civil conflict in Iraq now borders on "critical" and has been sliding toward "chaos" for most of the past year

[url]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexn/detail?blogid=16&entry_id=10582[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    The "Army Times" is owned by George Soros!

Communist pinko rag.

Rumsfeld is by far the worst sec of defense in this country's history.

Veteran
    Can't say I disagree

flushingjet
    The Army Times paper has no affiliation with the US Army.

They are newspapers published by Gannett, a liberal news media organization.

[QUOTE=flushingjet]The Army Times paper has no affiliation with the US Army.

They are newspapers published by Gannett, a liberal news media organization.[/QUOTE]

Who cares! Either way they are right. Can you dispute that Rumsfeld has run the Iraq war incompetently. The source is irrelevant. The fact is this guy is a buffoon and if he had any other job, he would have been canned a long time ago for incompetence.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Who cares! Either way they are right. Can you dispute that Rumsfeld has run the Iraq war incompetently. The source is irrelevant. The fact is this guy is a buffoon and if he had any other job, he would have been canned a long time ago for incompetence.[/QUOTE]

Ill take a 3 week wipeout of Saddam Hussein,
    elimination of WMD capability in Iraq and Libya
    with a fraction of the casualties in Vietnam
    any time, any day of the week.
    We left him in the 1st go-round and look what we got-genocide.

But thats OK, we know libs are saddened when any murderous dictatorship
    gets deposed. Or any of their allies, like Greece and Serbia joined at the hip

[QUOTE=flushingjet]Ill take a 3 week wipeout of Saddam Hussein,
    elimination of WMD capability in Iraq and Libya
    with a fraction of the casualties in Vietnam
    any time, any day of the week.
    We left him in the 1st go-round and look what we got-genocide.

But thats OK, we know libs are saddened when any murderous dictatorship
    gets deposed. Or any of their allies, like Greece and Serbia joined at the hip[/QUOTE]

You keep saying this nonsense about how we got rid of Saddam being such a great thing, but the truth is what we actually accomplished is replace a murderous outlaw sunni regime with a murderous outlaw Shia regime. How can you be happy with saddam's replacement? Would replacing Hitler with Stalin be a major accomplishment in your eyes? Cause thats what we really have done. After this elected Shia govt wipes ou the Sunnis, we will be left with a pro-iran shia theocracy. While we have only a fraction of the casualties in Vietnam, I think even 1 dead aamerican soldier is not worth the creation of a govt that will be much closer to Iran than us. Also pretty soon (in 2 weeks) we will match the amount of time we spent liberating Europe from the Nazis. Id say we are no where near that accomplishment in Iraq. As for the elimination of Iraq's WMD capabilities, here some breaking news for you....they had none!

You love to bring up Greece...now you mention how they were allied with a murderous dictatorship in Serbia. I guess you cant blame the greeks for being confused. They are only using the USA as their model, afterall, it was the USA who backed the 1967 coup that removed a democratically elected govt in greece and replaced it with a murderous, criminal military dictatorship.
    Last edited by kennyo7; 11-06-2006 at 10:48 AM.

nah he's a great guy

[IMG]http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/rumsfeld_saddam.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE=bitonti]nah he's a great guy

[IMG]http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/rumsfeld_saddam.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

:D :D

[QUOTE=bitonti]nah he's a great guy

[IMG]http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/rumsfeld_saddam.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I believe that picture was taken at the same time Saddam was killing the Shia and Kurdish rebels in masses. You know, the stuff he did that bought him a hanging yesterday. Talk about a flip-flopper. I guess rumsfeld thought Saddam was a Great guy before he thought he was a bad guy.

[QUOTE=kennyo7]I believe that picture was taken at the same time Saddam was killing the Shia and Kurdish rebels in masses. You know, the stuff he did that bought him a hanging yesterday. Talk about a flip-flopper. I guess rumsfeld thought Saddam was a Great guy before he thought he was a bad guy.[/QUOTE]

A republican flip/flopper?

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]A republican flip/flopper?[/QUOTE]

I know, thats not possible :D

[QUOTE=kennyo7]I know, thats not possible :D[/QUOTE]

Not on this board with some of these posters..... :D

All League
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]A republican flip/flopper?[/QUOTE]

Judging by that picture...Rumsfeld was for Saddam before he was against him!
    Attached Images Attached Images

[QUOTE=Kingofqueens718]Judging by that picture...Rumsfeld was for Saddam before he was against him![/QUOTE]

What made him flip/flop? :D :D

All Pro
    Did you libs know that ramsey clark, former ATTORNEY GENERAL of the United States is representing saddam hussein

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]Did you libs know that ramsey clark, former ATTORNEY GENERAL of the United States is representing saddam hussein[/QUOTE]

Well better that Saddam get Ramsey vice the late Johhny Cochran....Ramsey's track record recently is questionable and Saddam got what he paid for.....

" I shook his hand and hugged him, and helped him KILL Shia, before I wanted him dead"
    Those crazy neo cons