Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: A Recipe for Defeat: Europe is Pelosi’s America

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,353

    A Recipe for Defeat: Europe is Pelosi’s America

    http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/1626

    A Recipe for Defeat: Europe is Pelosi’s America
    From the desk of Paul Belien on Thu, 2006-11-02 19:45

    I am in Los Angeles at the moment, and do not have the opportunity to write about events in Europe as much as I would like to. I will not be back in Brussels until 12 November. Over here in the U.S. all attention is focused on the upcoming elections. There is a possibility that the Democrats will become the majority in the House of Representatives and that Nancy Pelosi, the California Liberal, will become the next Speaker of the House. I was in West Hollywood on Halloween. A friend described this area as one third retiree, one third Russian and one third gay. Sounds a bit like Europe to me.

    The gays take every opportunity to dress up. Consequently Halloween has become a gay festival in LA. The first people I met when leaving the hotel were a group of men dressed up as ballerinas. This is Pelosi Land.

    Americans can already see what their country’s future will be if they vote for Pelosi and her band. They only need to watch Europe. That is what America will be like 20 years from now if the Liberals succeed in turning the U.S. into a European-style welfare state. The latter is the cause of all Europe’s problems. It has led to secularization, because people who are catered for from the cradle to the grave no longer need God. It has led to the immigration debacle, because Europe has attracted welfare immigrants who only come for the benefits and not to contribute to the host country’s wealth creation. It has led to the loss of the citizens’ ability to care for themselves, because they expect everything from the state.

    However, the current American elections are relevant for Europe, too. If they lead to the American withdrawal from Iraq, Europe will face a widespread intifada. The withdrawal will be perceived as a defeat of the West and the Muslim “youths” in Europe’s cities will become even more arrogant. They utterly despise the Europeans, whom they perceive (not entirely without reason) to be men dressed up as ballerinas, and they hate America because it fights back. In a world ruled by men who only understand the language of power it is better to be hated than despised. If America withdraws the Islamist fanatics will despise America for it. They will take this as a sign that the West has been defeated and that the world is theirs.

    In this scenario Europe has more to lose than America. That makes it all the more surprising that Europe’s politicians refuse to support America. They seem to be hoping that the Muslims, although they despise the Europeans, will leave them alone so they can carry on paying the taxes that the immigrants live off. I fear it will not turn out this way. Moreover, the funds are running dry because the welfare state hampers wealth creation.

    I have ambivalent feelings about the war in Iraq, but once a country has decided to go to war it has got to make sure it wins. Europe no longer knows this, which also goes to explain why it does not want to help America win the war and why, on a micro level, the situation in France is deteriorating day by day. Last year the French Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy decided to reestablish law and order in the French immigrant suburbs which have become territorial pockets ruled by thugs and Islamists. Instead of fighting this battle with all available means the French authorities are waging a half-hearted war which has led to the current debacle in France’s no-go areas. Last year “youths” developed a habit of setting parked (and empty) cars on fire, but this year policemen and firefighters are being attacked in paramilitary raids and crowded buses are being hijacked and arsoned. Still the French Republic refuses to crack down on the Islamic hooligans.

    Yesterday Le Figaro reported that the police in Roubaix, a town in the North of France, had been ordered not to search the house of a suspected drug trafficker because he lived in a no-go part of town. Police officers reported in an official but confidential document that “the Prefect [the Governor] of the Nord Department [Province] currently does not authorize police actions in that sector for reasons concerning public order.” The house of the suspected drug dealer was situated in “a sensitive area.” Here the thugs can do as they please.

    Following the publication of the confidential police report both the French Interior Ministry and the Defence Ministry have denied its content, saying that the police officers misunderstood the orders given to them. The suspected drug trafficker was not arrested, they say, because the police had to wait for reinforcements. Meanwhile the authorities have announced an official investigation into the leaking of the document. This attitude is a recipe for defeat.

  2. #2
    Moderator VIP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,177
    Americans can already see what their countrys future will be if they vote for Pelosi and her band. They only need to watch Europe. That is what America will be like 20 years from now if the Liberals succeed in turning the U.S. into a European-style welfare state. The latter is the cause of all Europes problems. It has led to secularization, because people who are catered for from the cradle to the grave no longer need God. It has led to the immigration debacle, because Europe has attracted welfare immigrants who only come for the benefits and not to contribute to the host countrys wealth creation. It has led to the loss of the citizens ability to care for themselves, because they expect everything from the state.
    This would be hysterical if it wasn't so stupid.

    Further proof that Con men will stoop to anything (bigotry) to scare people.

    California rocks, just so you know. Proposition 13 is the reason why schools here suck. So while everyone has an extra $100,000 or so in their "equity", parents like me are busy morning until 9:30pm covering vounteering at schools to make up for funding shortfalls and generally being involved because THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE HERE. Pulling together. Dealing with problems constructively.

    I resent a nobody like you DPF that can't set up an argument w/o bigotry. You make me ill.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive

    I resent a nobody like you DPF that can't set up an argument w/o bigotry. You make me ill.
    Gee, I'm sure I'll have trouble sleeping tonight.....

  4. #4
    Moderator VIP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,177
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan
    Gee, I'm sure I'll have trouble sleeping tonight.....
    That is the problem in a nutshell, genius. Thanks for putting it in black and white for me.

  5. #5
    flushingjet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive
    This would be hysterical if it wasn't so stupid.

    Further proof that Con men will stoop to anything (bigotry) to scare people.

    California rocks, just so you know. Proposition 13 is the reason why schools here suck. So while everyone has an extra $100,000 or so in their "equity", parents like me are busy morning until 9:30pm covering vounteering at schools to make up for funding shortfalls and generally being involved because THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE HERE. Pulling together. Dealing with problems constructively.

    I resent a nobody like you DPF that can't set up an argument w/o bigotry. You make me ill.
    Cmon WCO

    Thats weak.

    Illegal immigrants sponging off the country with no/limited skills,
    no intention to assimiliate, sending money out of the country,
    carrying disease (TB etc) and prone to crime,
    do not have to get anyones Good Housekeeping Seal
    or automatic acceptance and rights for just showing up.

    Who's the con man here?

    The guy from Mexico who snuck in or overstayed his visa & who doesnt pay any tax except sales tax but has his anchor baby and pregnant gf sponging off Medicaid & Social Services and wiring cash out of our economy & back home?

    Or the legal American citizen and taxpayer soaked six ways to Sunday
    as it is.

    You want 'em here, you pay for em.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    More than half of these illegals you are complaining about are doing jobs for giant companies who do not want to pay for health benefits or god forbid a retirement fund for their employees. The other half are cutting your lawn and cleaning your dishes at a restaurant near you. They are sending their money to their families as other companies are sending jobs to third world countries. Which is worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by flushingjet
    Cmon WCO

    Thats weak.

    Illegal immigrants sponging off the country with no/limited skills,
    no intention to assimiliate, sending money out of the country,
    carrying disease (TB etc) and prone to crime,
    do not have to get anyones Good Housekeeping Seal
    or automatic acceptance and rights for just showing up.

    Who's the con man here?

    The guy from Mexico who snuck in or overstayed his visa & who doesnt pay any tax except sales tax but has his anchor baby and pregnant gf sponging off Medicaid & Social Services and wiring cash out of our economy & back home?

    Or the legal American citizen and taxpayer soaked six ways to Sunday
    as it is.

    You want 'em here, you pay for em.

  7. #7
    flushingjet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726
    More than half of these illegals you are complaining about are doing jobs for giant companies who do not want to pay for health benefits or god forbid a retirement fund for their employees. The other half are cutting your lawn and cleaning your dishes at a restaurant near you. They are sending their money to their families as other companies are sending jobs to third world countries. Which is worse?
    i cut my own lawn and eat 99.99% of meals at home-no sympathy there

    yeah, i know who does what-so?
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...3001_mz001.htm

    There are some artisans but mostly OT, low skilled jobs which any one can learn

    The abled bodied people on welfare should do these jobs
    Or kids, teenagers etc

    but its not just jobs, its a hijacking of power & culture & $

    The work ethic is good but the contribution to society
    is a net loss in every way possible and will be that way indefinitely

    Anchor baby costs, & Medicaid ripoffs, increased cost of policing, increased
    costs of jails,schools , driving down wages
    and other quality of life issues (overcrowding)
    make this a very, very easy thing to be against

    the sense of entitlement is astounding

    I want most money earned to stay in this country-people should try
    paying for their social services 1st before building their
    dream hacienda on my back

    I believe in fairness and in legal ways for business to operate
    my grandparents came here legally so should everyone else

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying. My grandparents were also
    immigrants. Unless we build another Great Wall here in the U.S. and provide enough manpower to monitor all ports, this problem will never improve.

    I wasn't looking for sympathy for illegals, I was looking for a rational conversation about the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by flushingjet
    i cut my own lawn and eat 99.99% of meals at home-no sympathy there

    yeah, i know who does what-so?
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...3001_mz001.htm

    There are some artisans but mostly OT, low skilled jobs which any one can learn

    The abled bodied people on welfare should do these jobs
    Or kids, teenagers etc

    but its not just jobs, its a hijacking of power & culture & $

    The work ethic is good but the contribution to society
    is a net loss in every way possible and will be that way indefinitely

    Anchor baby costs, & Medicaid ripoffs, increased cost of policing, increased
    costs of jails,schools , driving down wages
    and other quality of life issues (overcrowding)
    make this a very, very easy thing to be against

    the sense of entitlement is astounding

    I want most money earned to stay in this country-people should try
    paying for their social services 1st before building their
    dream hacienda on my back

    I believe in fairness and in legal ways for business to operate
    my grandparents came here legally so should everyone else

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,709
    FWIW and only from where I sit, I think most people tend to get upset by the notion that the established way (English spaeking to name but one) is supposed to fchange to accomodate the illegal immigrant. I teach in a school loaded with many............... the funny thing is, only a very small percentage seem to want us to change to their ways. It seems to me that most of hte pressure to change our ways to make "things easier for those coming to America" comes from within. It's kind of ironic that the immigrant catches the grief for it.

    Now can anyone guess which ploitical arm wants these changes?

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    I guess the French think its easier to do nothing. Wonder how they'll feel when their tourism dries up?

  11. #11
    Moderator VIP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,177
    However, the current American elections are relevant for Europe, too. If they lead to the American withdrawal from Iraq, Europe will face a widespread intifada. The withdrawal will be perceived as a defeat of the West and the Muslim youths in Europes cities will become even more arrogant. They utterly despise the Europeans, whom they perceive (not entirely without reason) to be men dressed up as ballerinas, and they hate America because it fights back. In a world ruled by men who only understand the language of power it is better to be hated than despised. If America withdraws the Islamist fanatics will despise America for it. They will take this as a sign that the West has been defeated and that the world is theirs.
    A little apocolyptic for me, but I can validate the concern from this part of his argument.

  12. #12
    Moderator VIP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,177
    I have ambivalent feelings about the war in Iraq, but once a country has decided to go to war it has got to make sure it wins. Europe no longer knows this, which also goes to explain why it does not want to help America win the war and why, on a micro level, the situation in France is deteriorating day by day. Last year the French Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy decided to reestablish law and order in the French immigrant suburbs which have become territorial pockets ruled by thugs and Islamists. Instead of fighting this battle with all available means the French authorities are waging a half-hearted war which has led to the current debacle in Frances no-go areas. Last year youths developed a habit of setting parked (and empty) cars on fire, but this year policemen and firefighters are being attacked in paramilitary raids and crowded buses are being hijacked and arsoned. Still the French Republic refuses to crack down on the Islamic hooligans.

    Yesterday Le Figaro reported that the police in Roubaix, a town in the North of France, had been ordered not to search the house of a suspected drug trafficker because he lived in a no-go part of town. Police officers reported in an official but confidential document that the Prefect [the Governor] of the Nord Department [Province] currently does not authorize police actions in that sector for reasons concerning public order. The house of the suspected drug dealer was situated in a sensitive area. Here the thugs can do as they please.
    Recipe for disaster. The French know this; what are they thinking?

    Are they short on cash? Or do they feel the Islamic fundamentalists are too assimilated in French society, doing the menial labor, paying a "fair share" of taxes?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us