Thread: I Have Been Waking Every Night With Numbness In My Hand & My Pinky finger Wont Fully

I Have Been Waking Every Night With Numbness In My Hand & My Pinky finger Wont Fully

I have been installing wood flooring for a few weeks now and I noticed it started since then. Also, my wrists hurt everyday after work and I cant make a fist without pain.

Rheumatoid Arthritis runs in the family, do I have a problem?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JETSYANKS71]I have been installing wood flooring for a few weeks now and I noticed it started since then. Also, my wrists hurt everyday after work and I cant make a fist without pain.

Rheumatoid Arthritis runs in the family, do I have a problem?[/QUOTE]

while I wonder why this is on the political board this sounds like symptoms of chronic masturbation....

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]while I wonder why this is on the political board this sounds like symptoms of chronic masturbation....[/QUOTE]

now, dont bring the America fisters (or America fist, 2nd and 3rders)
    into it

sounds like

Golfer's elbow — also known as medial epicondylitis — is pain and inflammation on the inner side of the elbow, where the tendons of the forearm muscles attach to the bony bump on the inside of the elbow (medial epicondyle). The pain may spread into your forearm and wrist.

Signs and symptoms

Golfer's elbow is characterized by pain and tenderness on the inner side of the elbow. Sometimes the pain extends along the inner side of the forearm. Your elbow may feel stiff, and it may hurt to make a fist. You may have weakness in your hands and wrists.

The pain of golfer's elbow may appear suddenly or gradually. The pain may get worse when you:

[list][*]Swing a golf club or racket[*]Squeeze or pitch a ball[*]Shake hands[*]Turn a doorknob[*]Pick up something with your palm down[*]Flex your wrist toward your forearm[/list]
    Or it could be carpal tunnel,
    or it's de Quervain's tendonitis

See a dr. !

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I had golfer's elbow, but what the starter of this thread describes isn't what I experienced. I can recall that the most painful activity then was in brushing my teeth every morning. Everything else on your list is very familiar.

All Pro
    numbness in your hands can be a sign of poor circulation or even a heart attack (even if you don't have chest pain). You should probably see a doctor soon. Feel better and Good Luck!

Banned
    I had numbness in my hand..pinky finger and half of the next finger(ulnar nerve)
    I had to see a neurologist..stop lifting weights..change some of my habits(holding a cell phone)..and therapy...and chiropractic care...and it went away..

You should see a neurologist about it...dont wait!!

I think the numbness shouldn't be too big a deal, as long as you didn't swallow any gum :eek:

All Pro
    You didn't swallow gum while any of these symptoms occured, did you?

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY] this sounds like symptoms of chronic masturbation....[/QUOTE]

Exactly.... Sounds like someone has been snapping the carrot a bit too much.