Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Condi Rice's "husband"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Condi Rice's "husband"

did anyone else notice this when it occured?

not surprising to me at all

Condi Rice is to George Bush as Lt Ohura is to Capt Kirk

[url]http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/columns/intelligencer/n_10245/[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    here's the quote

[quote]
    A pressing issue of dinner-party etiquette is vexing Washington, according to a story now making the D.C. rounds: How should you react when your guest, in this case national-security adviser Condoleezza Rice, makes a poignant faux pas? At a recent dinner party hosted by New York Times D.C. bureau chief Philip Taubman and his wife, Times reporter Felicity Barringer, and attended by Arthur Sulzberger Jr., Maureen Dowd, Steven Weisman, and Elisabeth Bumiller, Rice was reportedly overheard saying, “As I was telling my husb—” and then stopping herself abruptly, before saying, “As I was telling President Bush.” Jaws dropped, but a guest says the slip by the unmarried politician, who spends weekends with the president and his wife, seemed more psychologically telling than incriminating. Nobody thinks Bush and Rice are actually an item. A National Security Council spokesman laughed and said, “No comment.”

[/quote]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps I am confused. What is your point Bit, the message you're trying to get accross?

I have called my Mother "honey" before and my Girlfriend (of 10 years in Feb.) "Mom". It happens, especially if that other person was recently spoken to, or heavily on your mind.

So I guess other than comedic value (and it is kinda funny when it happens), did you have some other relevant point you were trying to make?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]
    So I guess other than comedic value (and it is kinda funny when it happens), did you have some other relevant point you were trying to make?[/QUOTE]

not really...

it's not news that Bush values loyalty over competance in his most trusted advisors.

to use your metaphor if you were the president i wouldn't want you to appoint the positions of power based on who unconditionally loved you the most

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not saying they ****ing. But I think this does make one thing perfectly clear, Condi's got a major crush on Dubya.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]I'm not saying they ****ing. But I think this does make one thing perfectly clear, Condi's got a major crush on Dubya.[/QUOT]

or Dubya's Wife.....lol!!! Just kidding!