Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction Time! Everyone make your picks now!

Hall Of Fame

Prediction Time! Everyone make your picks now!

Okay, let's predict how many net gains the Democrats make in the House and Senate.

I say the Dims pick up 23 net House seats (well above the 15 needed to control that chamber) and I say they pick up 5 Senate seats, making that body a virtual deadlock.

Thoughts?

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Okay, let's predict how many net gains the Democrats make in the House and Senate.

I say the Dims pick up 23 net House seats (well above the 15 needed to control that chamber) and I say they pick up 5 Senate seats, making that body a virtual deadlock.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]Before I can make a prediction I need to know the spread, the money line and the over/under. :P

here's a prediction - there will be races where the democrats are supposedly leading by double digits and they inexplicably lose

[IMG]http://josephhall.org/nqb2/media/squelch_diebold.jpg[/IMG]

25 house seats and 4 Senate seats to the Dems.

25 house seats Dems. 5 Senate seats. The two hot places to watch are Va and Tenn. Those 2 states will determine the Senate. Get used to saying Speaker Pelosi.

[QUOTE=bitonti]here's a prediction - there will be races where the democrats are supposedly leading by double digits and they inexplicably lose [/QUOTE]

While that Pic IS quite funny Bit, I gotta say, your conspiracy theory agenda is getting kinda boring bro. You cannot back up any of your claims other than to say "well, the polling (of 100 people, wow) said the Dems were ahead by 42 points! How could it not happen".

Easy...polling is BS pure and simple, and is easily manipulated by a biased poller, poll question, polling group, etc, etc, etc. When you think a "random" sampling of 100 or 1000 people represents the majority, you HAVE lost it bro. I know I (and many many poeple I know like me) have NEVER been polled, and even if we were....well, what motivation do we have to give honest answers to some schmuck running a poll? Lawl, none, that what. Above and beyond that, it all reminds of of those so-accurate polls of teenagers and drug use, lawl. Sure, only 2% of kids have tried Pot, lawl, more like 82%.

I knwo Bit, you don't have to say it....it's all a Diebold/Bush/Rove/Cheney/Big Oil conspiracy, and somehow they've managed to hide it even though there must be literally ten thousand people in on it, yet not one has ever leaked true evidence of it. They are that good (well, except Bush, because you know he's pure stupidity, right. Hell, he's lucky he hasn;t blurted it all out in some interview, right?).

I know, just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean Bush and Diebold aren't out to get you.

Hey Bit, I live in NoVA, and I registered to vote, yet oddly they never sent me the voter card I need to be allowed to vote. Do you think that is part of a great Democrat Conspiracy to stifle my Libertarian/Republican vote?
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-07-2006 at 11:15 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

democrats won't win as big as the liberal media projected, howard dean will cry foul and bitonti along with his lunatic leftist friends will be out enmasse in the streets:

[IMG]http://www.adversity.net/protest4_SML.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.adversity.net/protest1_SML.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.adversity.net/protest6_SML.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.adversity.net/protest2_SML.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Dems take the House of Representives and get the six seats needed for the Senate.

[QUOTE=Warfish]
    I knwo Bit, you don't have to say it....it's all a Diebold/Bush/Rove/Cheney/Big Oil conspiracy, and somehow they've managed to hide it even though there must be literally ten thousand people in on it, yet not one has ever leaked true evidence of it.[/quote]

even if there was "true evidence" it would be disparaged and lost among the cacophony of conspiracy theorists. Here's my thinking and it can be applied to 9-11 as well - there are some elements of truth to the conspiracy theorists however rather than fighting these people directly the response of the parties involved is to fund crackpots who say wild things like the twin towers were made out of oreo cookies. If 100 people say 100 different things (and 99 of the voices are crazy) consensus can never be achieved and the public remains fooled.

[quote]
    Hey Bit, I live in NoVA, and I registered to vote, yet oddly they never sent me the voter card I need to be allowed to vote. Do you think that is part of a great Democrat Conspiracy to stifle my Libertarian/Republican vote?[/quote]

yeah it's a broad plot to stop anyone who was thinking about voting for that racist Macaca bastard

ps- i am voting for 8=======>~~~

[QUOTE=bitonti]even if there was "true evidence" it would be disparaged and lost among the cacophony of conspiracy theorists. Here's my thinking and it can be applied to 9-11 as well - there are some elements of truth to the conspiracy theorists however rather than fighting these people directly the response of the parties involved is to fund crackpots who say wild things like the twin towers were made out of oreo cookies. If 100 people say 100 different things (and 99 of the voices are crazy) consensus can never be achieved and the public remains fooled.

yeah it's a broad plot to stop anyone who was thinking about voting for that racist Macaca bastard

ps- i am voting for 8=======>~~~[/QUOTE]

Yep, THAT must be it, the Conspiracy is so well designed, it actually funds OTHER conspiracy wack-jobs to "hide teh trail" as it were with false conspiracies. All this form a guy you are on record descibing as a moron and a monkey. Lawl, watch South Park much Bit?

And, correct me if I am wrong, but did you just call Senator Allen a "Macaca Bastard"?? So I guess YOU are a racist too then, eh? After all, you don't get a pass for using a so-called racist term just cause you're flamingly liberal. You bigotty bigotty bigot you.

ps. I voted for Kerry[SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray]'s opponent Bush [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Warfish]Yep, THAT must be it, the Conspiracy is so well designed, it actually funds OTHER conspiracy wack-jobs to "hide teh trail" as it were with false conspiracies. All this form a guy you are on record descibing as a moron and a monkey. Lawl, watch South Park much Bit?
    [/QUOTE]

"There's only sixteen families
    That control the whole world
    I read it in a book Y'all "

"Rich Get Richer"
    The O'Jays
    Survival

[QUOTE=Warfish]
    And, correct me if I am wrong, but did you just call Senator Allen a "Macaca Bastard"?? So I guess YOU are a racist too then, eh? After all, you don't get a pass for using a so-called racist term just cause you're flamingly liberal. You bigotty bigotty bigot you.
    [/QUOTE]

guilty as charged. Anyone as racist as me should not be a US Senator and will just have to be content to live life as a private citizen.

[QUOTE=Warfish] I knwo Bit, you don't have to say it....it's all a Diebold/Bush/Rove/Cheney/Big Oil conspiracy, and somehow they've managed to hide it even though there must be literally ten thousand people in on it, yet not one has ever leaked true evidence of it. [QUOTE]

I'm not responding to you in defense of bitoni nor am I a conspiracy theorist. I have a hard enough time coming up with testable hypotheses, let alone a working theory.

However, I can see one way to get away with a large conspiracy is to institutionalize the ideology. Corporations are great at this. Exxon is just as likely to allow an outspoken environmentalist to move up the ranks as a steakhouse hiring a militant vegetarian to run the kitchen.

How do you think Enron, Qwest, Bristol-Myers, AOL Time Warner, and the likes were able to overstate cash flows and sales, falsify financial results, use "round-trip" trades to boost trading, purposfully mislead investors, conduct improper booking, establish off-the-book partnerships, doing barter deals to inflate growth, etc... for a number of years before being caught by investigators or having the whistle blown?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=finlee17][QUOTE=Warfish] I knwo Bit, you don't have to say it....it's all a Diebold/Bush/Rove/Cheney/Big Oil conspiracy, and somehow they've managed to hide it even though there must be literally ten thousand people in on it, yet not one has ever leaked true evidence of it. [QUOTE]

I'm not responding to you in defense of bitoni nor am I a conspiracy theorist. I have a hard enough time coming up with testable hypotheses, let alone a working theory.

However, I can see one way to get away with a large conspiracy is to institutionalize the ideology. Corporations are great at this. Exxon is just as likely to allow an outspoken environmentalist to move up the ranks as a steakhouse hiring a militant vegetarian to run the kitchen.

How do you think Enron, Qwest, Bristol-Myers, AOL Time Warner, and the likes were able to overstate cash flows and sales, falsify financial results, use "round-trip" trades to boost trading, purposfully mislead investors, conduct improper booking, establish off-the-book partnerships, doing barter deals to inflate growth, etc... for a number of years before being caught by investigators or having the whistle blown?[/QUOTE]

sort of like the NY Times endorsing 99.9% democrats for today's election with Christopher Callaghan, who is running for NY State comptroller, their only Republican endorsment....

this way they can say they did endorse candidates from both sides...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]
    sort of like the NY Times endorsing 99.9% democrats for today's election with Christopher Callaghan, who is running for NY State comptroller, their only Republican endorsment....

this way they can say they did endorse candidates from both sides...[/QUOTE]

Don't know about the endorsement of the NY Times because I don't live in the NY/NJ area and I don't read it.

I do believe the media is guilty of institutionalizing its employees as any other corporation.

Jets Insider VIP
    In New Jersey, voters in at least seven jurisdictions attempting to vote for Republican Tom Kean Jr., and found their machines "locked" for Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez, according to GOP Committee attorney Mark Sheridan, who called it a "disturbing and developing trend" emerging at the polls.

Sheridan said Republicans are trying to figure out if this is a result of computer error or malfeasance on the part of poll workers. He said it would be too much of a coincidence for anything other than "fraud."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i say the dems net gain is 8 seats in the senate, and 25 seats in the house. i think both of those numbers are realistic, they may get as many as 32 seats in the house, there are a lot of toss-ups there (mostly for republican-held seats).

i think that would leave it 52d-48r in the senate, and 226d-209r in the house.

IMO, that's 100 and 435 too many, respectively, from those parties. i thought there might be some sort of independant movement by now, but you just can't gret elected to major office without one of those parties' endorsement and $$, it seems.

sham. oops, i mean shame.

Oh yea, predictions.....

6 Senate Seats Lost
    19 House Seats Lost

[QUOTE=quantum]In New Jersey, voters in at least seven jurisdictions attempting to vote for Republican Tom Kean Jr., and found their machines "locked" for Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez, according to GOP Committee attorney Mark Sheridan, who called it a "disturbing and developing trend" emerging at the polls.

Sheridan said Republicans are trying to figure out if this is a result of computer error or malfeasance on the part of poll workers. He said it would be too much of a coincidence for anything other than "fraud."[/QUOTE]That's old school NJ Democractic politics. Who says the mob is dead?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=quantum]In New Jersey, voters in at least seven jurisdictions attempting to vote for Republican Tom Kean Jr., and found their machines "locked" for Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez, according to GOP Committee attorney Mark Sheridan, who called it a "disturbing and developing trend" emerging at the polls.

Sheridan said Republicans are trying to figure out if this is a result of computer error or malfeasance on the part of poll workers. He said it would be too much of a coincidence for anything other than "fraud."[/QUOTE]

Qunatum...you got a link??