Thread: The Democrats are like the Oakland Raiders

Hall Of Fame

The Democrats are like the Oakland Raiders

I stole this from another board so I can't take credit. I just wanted to share it with you:

[I]The dems seem like the Oakland Raiders to me on this one. They used to win, but recently they just talk a lot but really have no offense to back anything up and make things better for themselves. Then they meet the Steelers, who more recently used to be very good but just keep shooting themselves in the foot. Oakland plays Pittsburgh and, although Oakland still had absolutley no offense to speak of, used Pittsburgh's mistakes against them to take them out. When Oakland plays a team that actually makes them win on their own merits (Seattle?), they failed spectacularly. And the political play by play has been every bit as difficult to watch as watching the ESPN crew call the game.[/I]

That more or less sums it up. All of the Dems victories yesterday stem from them just being anti-Bush. They, like always, did not win on their own ideas and even the morning after, we still don't know what their ideas are or if they even have any. Their, "We're not George Bush" approach won them a lot of majority power; I can't wait to see what they do with it. :zzz:

A Win Is A Win Baby

[QUOTE=ICWT10]I stole this from another board so I can't take credit. I just wanted to share it with you:

[I]The dems seem like the Oakland Raiders to me on this one. They used to win, but recently they just talk a lot but really have no offense to back anything up and make things better for themselves. Then they meet the Steelers, who more recently used to be very good but just keep shooting themselves in the foot. Oakland plays Pittsburgh and, although Oakland still had absolutley no offense to speak of, used Pittsburgh's mistakes against them to take them out. When Oakland plays a team that actually makes them win on their own merits (Seattle?), they failed spectacularly. And the political play by play has been every bit as difficult to watch as watching the ESPN crew call the game.[/I]

That more or less sums it up. All of the Dems victories yesterday stem from them just being anti-Bush. They, like always, did not win on their own ideas and even the morning after, we still don't know what their ideas are or if they even have any. Their, "We're not George Bush" approach won them a lot of majority power; I can't wait to see what they do with it. :zzz:[/QUOTE]

It's a puzzling and nice problem for Dems to have, but they inherit this economy:

4.4 unemployment
    benign interest rates
    2$ gas
    big tax receipts after tax cuts

Natural business cycles alone could should taint these conditions, except for benefits of tax cuts - that Democrats will fudge up by nature. Oh, Pelosi! It's come to this... :(

Turnovers usually settle the final outcome of the game. The repubs fumbled big time.

It was their arrogance that really played them in the end.