Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about rummy's resignation

question about rummy's resignation

I haven't read anything but the rummy thread here so I have no details.

Its a sad day in the us though if rummy was forced to resign because he cost the rep's control of the house & not because of his poor management of the iraq war.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=joewilly]I haven't read anything but the rummy thread here so I have no details.

Its a sad day in the us though if rummy was forced to resign because he cost the rep's control of the house & not because of his poor management of the iraq war.[/QUOTE]

Rumsfeld had offered his resignation on at least two other occasions before today....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=joewilly]I haven't read anything but the rummy thread here so I have no details.

Its a sad day in the us though if rummy was forced to resign because he cost the rep's control of the house & not because of his poor management of the iraq war.[/QUOTE]i think the reason was due to iraq, the timing was due to the election (it was long overdue, obviously, maybe they were wating for a time when they figured they could gain some of that 'political capital' they're all so find of).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Rumsfeld had offered his resignation on at least two other occasions before today....[/QUOTE]exactly

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Rumsfeld had offered his resignation on at least two other occasions before today....[/QUOTE]

cbny i'm much more left than you are but am not a bush hater by any stretch.
    I just think the timing of this does not bode well for the present admin. 2 weeks ago or months or years fine but this pretty much says, rummy you're handling of the war is ok as long as you don't cost us any seats.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=joewilly]cbny i'm much more left than you are but am not a bush hater by any stretch.
    I just think the timing of this does not bode well for the present admin. 2 weeks ago or months or years fine but this pretty much says, rummy you're handling of the war is ok as long as you don't cost us any seats.[/QUOTE]i don't think your post is at odds with cbtny's - unless i misinterpeted, i think he was saying teh same thing, that bush's timing here was obvious, that rummy had offered before. i mean, he's doing no better and no worse than in the past.

maybe i'm missing something here isired but to accept the resignation the morning after a midterm defeat screams of all the wrong reasons.

this is "w" telling the american people that rummy costing the team elections is a reason for resigning but screwing up the lives of so many in Iraq isn't

[QUOTE=joewilly]maybe i'm missing something here isired but to accept the resignation the morning after a midterm defeat screams of all the wrong reasons.
    [/QUOTE]

it's less severe if a democratic congress investigates a former Secretary of Defense for gross incompetance than if they are investigating a sitting Secretary of Defense.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=joewilly]maybe i'm missing something here isired but to accept the resignation the morning after a midterm defeat screams of all the wrong reasons.

this is "w" telling the american people that rummy costing the team elections is a reason for resigning but screwing up the lives of so many in Iraq isn't[/QUOTE]i'm not disagreeing with you at all. i don't think cbtny is either - he's saying rummy offered before, so bush's timing is obvious (and bad).

[QUOTE=bitonti]it's less severe if a democratic congress investigates a former Secretary of Defense for gross incompetance than if they are investigating a sitting Secretary of Defense.[/QUOTE]

yeah sure bit but I sincerely hope all their efforts aren't investigations & rehashing the past. lets move forward

[QUOTE=joewilly]yeah sure bit but I sincerely hope all their efforts aren't investigations & rehashing the past. lets move forward[/QUOTE]

the new congress will present legislation to the President - the question is will he sign it into law or will he veto it? That's the person who needs to move forward.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=joewilly]cbny i'm much more left than you are but am not a bush hater by any stretch.
    I just think the timing of this does not bode well for the present admin. 2 weeks ago or months or years fine but this pretty much says, rummy you're handling of the war is ok as long as you don't cost us any seats.[/QUOTE]

with the democrats in charge it would've been to much of a distraction...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]it's less severe if a democratic congress investigates a former Secretary of Defense for gross incompetance than if they are investigating a sitting Secretary of Defense.[/QUOTE]
    What exactly is the penalty for being bad at your job? How could it possibly make sense to investigate anyone to come to the conclusion that they were incompetent?

All Pro

Stop making a complete a$$ of yourself. Bush could have done this before the election and maybe swayed the outcome.

He didn't. Dirty tricks are pretty much exclusive to your side.

Well guess what? You got your divided government. Now everything from world peace to global warming should be accomplished in the next two years. And if it isn't, you still have Bush to blame.

We'll see if your blue pals take us on their "new direction" and get us out of iraq. They have the power and two years to do it. No excuses.

PS - you can claim your little BS veto power all you want. Can't fight a war without funding.

[B][SIZE=5]That is DWEEB'S job.[/SIZE] [/B]

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]Stop making a complete a$$ of yourself. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Piper]What exactly is the penalty for being bad at your job? How could it possibly make sense to investigate anyone to come to the conclusion that they were incompetent?[/QUOTE]

yeah, I fear too much time & $$$ will be sucked up to confirm incompetence

whats done id done.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]Stop making a complete a$$ of yourself. Bush could have done this before the election and maybe swayed the outcome.

Well guess what? You got your divided government. Now everything from world peace to global warming should be accomplished in the next two years. And if it isn't, you still have Bush to blame.

We'll see if your blue pals take us on their "new direction" and get us out of iraq. They have the power and two years to do it. No excuses.

PS - you can claim your little BS veto power all you want. Can't fight a war without funding.[/QUOTE]

The libs are all for "nude erections"-worked great for bj

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]Stop making a complete a$$ of yourself. Bush could have done this before the election and maybe swayed the outcome.

[/QUOTE]

Right--ol' Slick would have canned anyone he thought was making him look bad in the public eye! His index finger was chapped from licking it and holding it up in the political wind so much.

PS - you can claim your little BS veto power all you want. Can't fight a war without funding.[/QUOTE]

Bushs' mighty inner circle let him down. Carl Rove had him convinced reps would win the house & senate therefore no need to oust rummy. if the swing has done nothing but force bush to bring people in that will listen to another viewpoint it is good.

When did he offer his resignation? I honestly haven't heard this before.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Rumsfeld had offered his resignation on at least two other occasions before today....[/QUOTE]