Thread: Per ESPN Rumor Mill...

Banned

Per ESPN Rumor Mill...

Alphonso Soriano is being targeted by the Phillies. I don't know about you Met fans...but I want Soriano out of the NL East!

i honestly dont really care........he is a great hitter but at 2nd base he looses games with his D.........

Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    Alphonso Soriano is being targeted by the Phillies. I don't know about you Met fans...but I want Soriano out of the NL East!
    not to hijack your thread but when are we going to see JJ?

Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    i honestly dont really care........he is a great hitter but at 2nd base he looses games with his D.........
    he more than makes up for his D with his offense... that being said, neither the Mets nor the Phillies need his offensive production at that price

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    Id love to have him. But Im not scared of him if he goes to the Phillies.. For smarter pitchers hes an easy strike out.. Cant lay off breaking pitches and cant hit the good ones either.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    he more than makes up for his D with his offense... that being said, neither the Mets nor the Phillies need his offensive production at that price
    we can always use a 40-40 guy playing 2nd base, even at a ridiculous price.

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan
    we can always use a 40-40 guy playing 2nd base, even at a ridiculous price.
    Anyone could, but I think Soriano was playing for a contract year and as Omar said, we have a budget - and I want to spend the rest of it on pitching

rumors are just that....rumors. and there will be plenty of them during the winter. and, honestly......if soriano doesn't end up playing left field for the mets then i don't want to see him on any other nl east team.

All League
    Anyone could, but I think Soriano was playing for a contract year and as Omar said, we have a budget - and I want to spend the rest of it on pitching
    With the lack of offensive production in the playoffs I think we may need another bat. Production from the corner outfield (usually a good power hitting spot), and 2B doomed the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by Icer
    With the lack of offensive production in the playoffs I think we may need another bat. Production from the corner outfield (usually a good power hitting spot), and 2B doomed the Mets.

i guess then you think it had nothing to do with wright pulling an a-rod and one starting pitcher and one closer who imploded a bit?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    If the philies sign him he wont be playing 2nd base.

Quote Originally Posted by Icer
    We have a good offense, they just need to play better in the playoffs... we need pitching pitching pitching

We have a good offense, they just need to play better in the playoffs... we need pitching pitching pitching

how about pitching, pitching and offense?

i'd be pretty happy with some starting pitching help and soriano or carlos lee.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    how about pitching, pitching and offense?

i'd be pretty happy with some starting pitching help and soriano or carlos lee.
    Again, we have a budget... do you think we'll be able to sign Glavine, Zito or D-Mat and Soriano? I don't.

Again, we have a budget... do you think we'll be able to sign Glavine, Zito or D-Mat and Soriano? I don't.

idk, but i'd be happy with glavine, zito and carlos lee. we should be able to carry an average second baseman (like say loretta)with those acquisitions.

If we have a budget what the hell is Omar doing bidding on (just the rights) of the fenom Japaneese pitcher...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    If we have a budget what the hell is Omar doing bidding on (just the rights) of the fenom Japaneese pitcher...
    You get the money back if you dont win or if you dont come to an agreement on a contract if you do win.

I still think we need a bat, Jose Valentin is prime to suck it up next year. Shawn Green and whoever rolls out at Left is also a waste. Our pitching will be a big problem too, but just getting pitching isn't gonna put this team over the top.

That means 6,7,8,9 in the order is gonna be prone to a huge bomb again.