Thread: Hallelujah!!

Hallelujah!!

The 'pubs are out and the 'rats are in...utopia is just around the corner...higher wages and lower prices; 1000s of jobs coming back from China and India; peace in the Middle East cuz the 'rats will negotiate and get all those nasty ragheads to sit down and discuss their differences and behave; we will be "safe" cuz every shoebox from china will be checked for a bomb; Mexico will crack down on their citizens leaving for here thus eliminating our "illegal immigration problem."

Let's see, what else? Oh, yes, can't ferget that all those in the top 1% are gonna get taxed fairly...double; maybe even triple what everyone else pays!

Yup, sounds reasonable to me!!

Don't forget we will be the poster boys for human rights and animal rights worldwide.

Under the great Democratic party logic, if you disturb the resting eggs of a sea turtle, you will be subject to imprisonment but if you stick scissors in the back of an 8 month old fetus' skull, slice up th e brains and break and suck out the pieces it is OK.

[QUOTE=JCnflies]Don't forget we will be the poster boys for human rights and animal rights worldwide.

Under the great Democratic party logic, if you disturb the resting eggs of a sea turtle, you will be subject to imprisonment but if you stick scissors in the back of an 8 month old fetus' skull, slice up th e brains and break and suck out the pieces it is OK.[/QUOTE]

Yup--they're already whining about Saddumb's death sentence---can't violate his human rights, you know!

Funny thing, when we took out the head chopper, Zarqawi, that was OK, but to hang Saddumb who shredded people, is wrong--logical??

[quote]Funny thing, when we took out the head chopper, Zarqawi, that was OK, but to hang Saddumb who shredded people, is wrong--logical??[/QUOTE]

I have a photograph of Zarqawi's corpse hanging in my room. Saddam will soon join him on my wall. Just thought I'd let everyone know...

:guillotin

[QUOTE=asuusa]The 'pubs are out and the 'rats are in...utopia is just around the corner...higher wages and lower prices; 1000s of jobs coming back from China and India; peace in the Middle East cuz the 'rats will negotiate and get all those nasty ragheads to sit down and discuss their differences and behave; we will be "safe" cuz every shoebox from china will be checked for a bomb; Mexico will crack down on their citizens leaving for here thus eliminating our "illegal immigration problem."

Let's see, what else? Oh, yes, can't ferget that all those in the top 1% are gonna get taxed fairly...double; maybe even triple what everyone else pays!

Yup, sounds reasonable to me!![/QUOTE]

As opposed to blowing two wars, putting our armed forces in an impossible situation on the ground. Giving away the Federal bureaucracy to corporate interests. Running huge deficits during an economic up cycle. Rewarding incompetent cronies high positions in critical areas like FEMA and no bid contracts to incompetents to handle reconstruction.

As everyone likes to point out, the Dem's are a disaster but voting is still about comparing one against the other. Apparently the public thinks the Republicans haven't been very good.

But the what the public thinks dfoesn't stop there. The truth is the public thinks we have two lousy choices.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs]As opposed to blowing two wars, putting our armed forces in an impossible situation on the ground. [/QUOTE]

So you think war should be microwave quick--like heating up a cold hamburger? What should we have done--nuke Iraq and Afghanistan? Put another 100K troops in? Somehow, I don't think W woke up one morning and decided to go to war his way instead of hearing from various military planners and strategists! Sure, he OK'd the final, but only after hearing all possibilities. War is like the Super Bowl--you come in with your game plan and if it works, fine! But if it doesn't, you make adjustments; try other options!

[QUOTE] Running huge deficits during an economic up cycle. [/QUOTE]

If you subtract 9/11 (which prompted your "blowing two wars") and Katrina, the deficit would be much lower! Actually, Clintoon was lucky he couldn't be reelected, b/c the economy was already tanking (negative GDP growth in 3 of his last 5 quarters)

The 'rats crow about Clintoon's great economy, but he started with better GDP growth than than he left (2.7% growth vs. .8%) so his early years should have been good.

[/QUOTE] Rewarding incompetent cronies high positions in critical areas like FEMA and no bid contracts to incompetents to handle reconstruction. [/QUOTE]

Hmm...I don't remember major criticism of FEMA during other disasters--but Katrina (like 9/11) was more disastrous than anything we had before, so it's not suprising that we couldn't handle it and that makes the "incompetent" argument easy.

[QUOTE]As everyone likes to point out, the Dem's are a disaster but voting is still about comparing one against the other. Apparently the public thinks the Republicans haven't been very good.[/QUOTE]

That's b/c the strongest voting block are the stupid voters--both 'pub and 'rat and they're easily swayed by the MSM, by attack ads, by superficial issues, etc.

I think one of the key reasons Dems won is th ey took a page out of hte Rove playbook........ when Bush won, many of the key states had ammendment ballots defgining marraige. That brought out the conservative vote. This time, in some key senate states, the libs managed to secure referendums on minimum wage intended to bring out their base.

What will be on the next elections public referendum? you can bet both parties will be thinking hard on that one.................

[QUOTE]=asuusa]So you think war should be microwave quick--like heating up a cold hamburger? What should we have done--nuke Iraq and Afghanistan? Put another 100K troops in? Somehow, I don't think W woke up one morning and decided to go to war his way instead of hearing from various military planners and strategists! Sure, he OK'd the final, but only after hearing all possibilities. War is like the Super Bowl--you come in with your game plan and if it works, fine! But if it doesn't, you make adjustments; try other options![/QUOTE]

I don't think war is Micro Wave quick. I think it's hell on earth and before you go into it, you better have thought it out. As far as making adjustments, if we had a plan in place for reconstruction after the victory over both the Taliban and the Iraq army that we could actual make an adjustment to, I would agree with you. We didn't have a plan so we effectively turned two military victories into a quagmire.

[QUOTE]If you subtract 9/11 (which prompted your "blowing two wars") and Katrina, the deficit would be much lower! Actually, Clintoon was lucky he couldn't be reelected, b/c the economy was already tanking (negative GDP growth in 3 of his last 5 quarters)

The 'rats crow about Clintoon's great economy, but he started with better GDP growth than than he left (2.7% growth vs. .8%) so his early years should have been good.[/QUOTE]

I don't crow about Clinton great economy nor did I blame the recession on Bush's father. Economic cycles are a reality. The fact is we have had a booming economy because we have put tremdous fuel on the economy with a combination of tax cuts, low interest rates and huge deficiet spending. While it's true tax revenue is increasing, common sense dictates that the combination of all three fuels continuing to be added to the fire is going to stop and when it does we will be going into recession with a very large deficiet which at least when Clinton was President the cycle ended with a very large surplus.

[QUOTE] Rewarding incompetent cronies high positions in critical areas like FEMA and no bid contracts to incompetents to handle reconstruction. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Hmm...I don't remember major criticism of FEMA during other disasters--but Katrina (like 9/11) was more disastrous than anything we had before, so it's not suprising that we couldn't handle it and that makes the "incompetent" argument easy.[/QUOTE]

Tell me who all of the highly qualified armies of people who were sent to Iraq to help establish reconstruction? Which highly qualified person was put in charge of Katrina? If you are going to argue that they weren't prepared, I agree with you. That's the point.

[QUOTE]That's b/c the strongest voting block are the stupid voters--both 'pub and 'rat and they're easily swayed by the MSM, by attack ads, by superficial issues, etc.[/QUOTE]

War and corruption were the two biggest polling reasons that this election went against so many incumbents of the party in power. You can argue the stupidity of the electorate, but those issues are hardly superficial.

[QUOTE=asuusa]The 'pubs are out and the 'rats are in...utopia is just around the corner...higher wages and lower prices; 1000s of jobs coming back from China and India; peace in the Middle East cuz the 'rats will negotiate and get all those nasty ragheads to sit down and discuss their differences and behave; we will be "safe" cuz every shoebox from china will be checked for a bomb; Mexico will crack down on their citizens leaving for here thus eliminating our "illegal immigration problem."

Yup, sounds reasonable to me!![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://crystal.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/crybaby.jpg[/IMG]