Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iran: American elections a victory for Iran

All Pro

Iran: American elections a victory for Iran

[url="http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2006-11-10T140135Z_01_L10266591_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-ELECTIONS-IRAN.xml&src=rss&rpc=22"]http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2006-11-10T140135Z_01_L10266591_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-ELECTIONS-IRAN.xml&src=rss&rpc=22[/url]

Now, all you that worry so much about world opinion want to tell the rest of us why this is a good thing?

[QUOTE]Khamenei said military maneuvers in the Gulf this week in which Iranian forces tested new missile systems showed Iran was ready to face any threat.

But, he said: "With the scandalous defeat of America's policies in Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon and Afghanistan, America's threats are empty threats on an international scale."[/QUOTE]

Translation: The 'rats are wimps and will cut and run when Iran aims its pea-shooters at us!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb][url="http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2006-11-10T140135Z_01_L10266591_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-ELECTIONS-IRAN.xml&src=rss&rpc=22"]http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2006-11-10T140135Z_01_L10266591_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-ELECTIONS-IRAN.xml&src=rss&rpc=22[/url]

Now, all you that worry so much about world opinion want to tell the rest of us why this is a good thing?[/QUOTE]

Uh, because Iran really has peaceful intentions and it was that evil monster Bush who lied to the world trying to convince them otherwise? :eek:

I mean, Tehran denied all charges. Shouldn't we believe them? ;)
    Last edited by dmaynard; 11-10-2006 at 11:55 AM.

[QUOTE=dmaynard]Uh, because Iran really has peaceful intentions and it was that evil monster Bush who lied to the world trying to convince them otherwise? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yup--Bush was the ONLY one in the world who KNEW Saddumb didn't have WMDs, but W lied and told us they did so he could invade Iraq and get their oil for his rich buddies.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=asuusa]Yup--Bush was the ONLY one in the world who KNEW Saddumb didn't have WMDs, but W lied and told us they did so he could invade Iraq and get their oil for his rich buddies.[/QUOTE]

That's right. I never could figure out Bush. He is either the dumbest guy in the world, as liberals tell us. Or he is the smartest guy in the world for executing all of these conspiracies, again, as the blowing in the wind liberals tell us.

Banned
    [QUOTE=dmaynard]Uh, because Iran really has peaceful intentions and it was that evil monster Bush who lied to the world trying to convince them otherwise? :eek:

I mean, Tehran denied all charges. Shouldn't we believe them? ;)[/QUOTE]

No Bush was busy lying about Iraq.

Iran was and still is the true threat to us. In fact, everything Bush said Iraq was doing was what Iran is doing. They harbor terrorists, they are developing WMDs and they are the biggest threat to Middle East stability due to their leaders being outspoken about their hatred for Israel.

But Saddam was the threat. He had the WMDs :rolleyes: , then he was harboring terrorists :rolleyes: , then we were freeing the oppressed Iraqi people. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    I am so happy that Iran is happy with our election results. We must be on the right track. :rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=dmaynard]I am so happy that Iran is happy with our election results. We must be on the right track. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Because we've been on the right track, right?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]No Bush was busy lying about Iraq.

Iran was and still is the true threat to us. In fact, everything Bush said Iraq was doing was what Iran is doing. They harbor terrorists, they are developing WMDs and they are the biggest threat to Middle East stability due to their leaders being outspoken about their hatred for Israel.

But Saddam was the threat. He had the WMDs :rolleyes: , then he was harboring terrorists :rolleyes: , then we were freeing the oppressed Iraqi people. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Maybe he just got Iran mixed up with Iraq. Just one little letter is the difference. ;)

Banned
    [QUOTE=dmaynard]Maybe he just got Iran mixed up with Iraq. Just one little letter is the difference. ;)[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't put it past that moron. :)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]Because we've been on the right track, right?[/QUOTE]

All I know is the bad guys really did not like us before. We'll see what kind of track we are on. I am buckling my seat belts.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sourceworx]No Bush was busy lying about Iraq.

But Saddam was the threat. He had the WMDs :rolleyes: , then he was harboring terrorists :rolleyes: , then we were freeing the oppressed Iraqi people. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

right..it was GWB who "lied" about Iraq :rolleyes:....

the previous 8 years when the rats claimed he had the weapons, was an "imminent threat" (John Edwards) and America needed to take "unilateral action against Hussien" (jean kerri 1998) was not a lie....

classic ignorant BS....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]Wouldn't put it past that moron. :)[/QUOTE]

So you are in the Bush is dumb crowd. I assume that you don't believe in all of the elaborate conspiracy theories.

Banned
    [QUOTE=dmaynard]So you are in the Bush is dumb crowd. I assume that you don't believe in all of the elaborate conspiracy theories.[/QUOTE]

No the conspiracy stuff is B.S.

Tell me something, what exactly has Bush done RIGHT since taking office? Seriously think about it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]No the conspiracy stuff is B.S.

Tell me something, what exactly has Bush done RIGHT since taking office? Seriously think about it.[/QUOTE]

Attacking Iraq and overthrowing Saddam was absolutely the right thing to do, and would (and still could) pay tremendous dividends if the post overthrow period was handled correctly.

Invading Afghanistan and overthrowing the Taliban and Al Queda was the right thing to do. Again, to a lesser degree than Iraq, he has really messed up with the post overthrow period.
    Last edited by dmaynard; 11-10-2006 at 12:26 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=dmaynard]Attacking Iraq and overthrowing Saddam was absolutely the right thing to do, and would (and still could) pay tremendous dividends if the post overthrow period was handled correctly.[/QUOTE]

How so? We have a legitimate threat to our safety in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran. How was Iraq right?

And don't give me that oppressive regime crap. There are tons of oppressive regimes. Are we going to go after all of them?

[QUOTE=dmaynard]Invading Afghanistan and overthrowing the Taliban and Al Queda was the right thing to do. Again, to a lesser degree than Iraq, he has really messed up with the post overthrow period.[/QUOTE]

He messed up by trusting the Northern Alliance to capture bin Laden at Tora Bora. The mistake was not having anough troops on the ground.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 11-10-2006 at 12:30 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sourceworx]How so? We have a legitimate threat to our safety in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran. How was Iraq right?

And don't give me that oppressive regime crap. There are tons of oppressive regimes. Are we going to go after all of them?[/QUOTE]

I don't want to get into all of that history again. All I know is, there were many, many people who agreed with all of the reasons to invade Iraq. Many of them now say it was a mistake. I think they are confusing the post overthrow difficulties with the original reasons for the war. Just my opinion.

And I should care what Ayatollah Ali Khamenei says about our elections?

Our current strategy has restrained them how? Being bogged down in two lost wars intimidates them how? Having our military picked off every day in a civil war makes us stronger how?

When we have the balls to put the boots on the ground and the bureaucrats needed for reconstruction than talk to me. All the rhetoric is just that and our enemies know it.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 11-10-2006 at 01:01 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs]And I should care what Ayatollah Ali Khamenei says about our elections? [/QUOTE]

Yet you liberals trip over yourselves worrying about what the rest of the world and the un thinks of America.

Don't you worry your pretty little head over what our enemies think of us. The blue cavalry will arrive in January to save us from all.

here's a thought..WHy dont we allow Isreal to solve it's own regional issues...