Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Boycot supporters of a convicted cop killer

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Boycot supporters of a convicted cop killer

I normally wouldn't post stuff like this here, but as the son of a policeman with friends on the job, I felt obligated.

The Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) National Delegation in attendance, voted unanimously to begin a boycott of persons, products and companies associated with the supporting of convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal. In case you don't know, he was convicted in the 1981 killing of Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner under overwhelming evidence. The act was an especially brutal and sadistic murder that still haunts the family, friends and coworkers of Officer Faulkner. The New York Shields, a police brotherhood organization, presented Officer Faulkner's family with a Medal of Valor at their 1999 Police Memorial Breakfast.

Convict Abu-Jamal has written a book, "Live from Death Row," and attempted to place himself in a celebrity status as a result of his criminal behavior. Others have supported his pathetic attempt to gain stardom and freedom, all the while spitting in the face of Officer Faulkner, his family and every single law enforcement officer in the United States .

The F. O. P. has announced the formal boycotting of the following:

1. Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Products (donators to a defense fund for the killer).

2. Actor Paul Newman, and his products (an outspoken supporter of the killer).

3. Actress Susan Sarandon (supporter of this convicted killer).

4. Filmmakers Spike Lee, Oliver Stone and John Landis
    (supporters of the killer).

5. Writers Norman Mailer and Joyce Carol Oates (supporters of the killer).

6. Super model Naomi Campbell (supporter of the killer).

7. Musicians Sting, David Byrne and Michael Stipe of REM,
    (supporters of the killer).

8. The Backstreet Boys who are performing "free" benefit concerts for the killer's defense fund.

As a side note, one of their benefit concerts scheduled for Baltimore, MD had to be canceled when Baltimore police officers refused to work the overtime shifts for site security at the concert. As you may not know, a tape recorded statement made by this heinous convicted killer, was played at the spring graduation commencement ceremony at Evergreen State College, in the state of Washington (June 1999.) This resulted in over 800 graduates walking out and another two dozen turning their backs during the killer's three minute diatribe of hate.

The F.O.P.'s position is getting widespread coverage in the media, as well it should. The members of the New York Shields stand with our fellow brothers across this country in strongly supporting this boycott and honoring the memory of slain Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner.

We urge you to participate in this boycott and request that you pass this e-mail on to your coworkers, business partners, and family and friends.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    are you simply doing this because you are the son and friend of a cop or becuause you know details of the case???

because the article you quoted is highly biased, as teh evidence against Mumia Jamal is far from overwhelming, being thta the main evidence was an alleged eye witness account (least reliable evidence in any trial) from a drug riddled prostitute that was alleged turning tricks down the block and saw Mumia kill Faulkner

Mumia may have done it, I wasnt there so i dont know but this case screams frame job from the jump, Mumia was an activist and very outspoken at the time and had a target on his back as it were...like i said he may have done it he may have not but the case is far from solid

and I'm a ten year vet of law enforcement myself......

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't need to boycott since I don't buy any of that stuff. This will go in the politics forum when I get back from the store.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up...no more Backstreet Boys for me!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure there are innocents behind bars in this country, but it's the best system in the world and a jury of his peers found the evidence strong enough and the appellate court found the process went smoothly enough.

Like the outcome of the case or not, what the hell is a Evergreen State College doing playing a tape like that - that's just dumb.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2]Sign me up...no more Backstreet Boys for me![/QUOTE]

I guess you Pats fans aren't all that bad after all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetsound]I'm sure there are innocents behind bars in this country, but it's the best system in the world and a jury of his peers found the evidence strong enough and the appellate court found the process went smoothly enough.

Like the outcome of the case or not, what the hell is a Evergreen State College doing playing a tape like that - that's just dumb.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard Jamal speak about anything hateful myself, again have you heard this speech?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the same guy there are stickers and things everywhere for when I go to Geno's in Philly??

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats a lot of star power support for a cop killer. If i know one thing its that Spike Lee doesnt just support anything. i'm sure theres more to this than meets the eye.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green]are you simply doing this because you are the son and friend of a cop or becuause you know details of the case???

because the article you quoted is highly biased, as teh evidence against Mumia Jamal is far from overwhelming, being thta the main evidence was an alleged eye witness account (least reliable evidence in any trial) from a drug riddled prostitute that was alleged turning tricks down the block and saw Mumia kill Faulkner

Mumia may have done it, I wasnt there so i dont know but this case screams frame job from the jump, Mumia was an activist and very outspoken at the time and had a target on his back as it were...like i said he may have done it he may have not but the case is far from solid

and [B]I'm a ten year vet of law enforcement myself[/B]......[/QUOTE]

I'm an eighteen year law enforcement vet and am surprised that you have not educated yourself on this subject yet believe that it "screams frame job from the jump". :rolleyes: I have provided a link that debunks the Mumia myths if you care to read it.

[url]http://danielfaulkner.com/mythsdir.html[/url]

That POS killed one of our brothers...he was "framed" just like OJ was. :steamin: Give me a f'ing break. :mad:
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 11-13-2006 at 10:20 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign]I'm an eighteen year law enforcement vet and am surprised that you have not educated yourself on this subject yet believe that it "screams frame job from the jump". :rolleyes: I have provided a link that debunks the Mumia myths if you care to read it.

That POS killed one of our brothers...he was "framed" just like OJ was. :steamin: Give me a f'ing break. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the site.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign]I'm an eighteen year law enforcement vet and am surprised that you have not educated yourself on this subject yet believe that it "screams frame job from the jump". :rolleyes: I have provided a link that debunks the Mumia myths if you care to read it.

That POS killed one of our brothers...he was "framed" just like OJ was. :steamin: Give me a f'ing break. :mad:[/QUOTE]

as there are many sites that show the contrary, I have educated myself on teh subject or I wouldnt be talking about it

its all propaganda either way, as far as faulkner being my brother thats unlikely, cops have no less right to die than any other citizen, its unfortunate when anyone dies and gets killed and I feel for Faulkners family as I do for any citizen that gets killed but that certainly doesnt mean that Jamal is guilty...and whether he is or not doesnt take away the fact that a man is dead for no good reason

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

thats the great thing about the internet...you can write anything you want, then have someone else cite it as "fact"...

read Amnesty International's analysis of the case ("A Life in the Balance")...i know, its a book, so it'll probably send most of the crowd running, but it takes no position on Mumia's guilt, simply demonstrating that numerous in trial errors should allow him a new trial...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    From Time Mag: [I]"And no one can dispute this crowning absurdity: the only two people who know exactly what happened on Dec. 9, 1981, have refused to utter a single word of explanation. One is Abu-Jamal. The other is his brother Billy Cook, whose only known comment on the subject in nearly 19 years was made at the scene of the murder: "I ain't got nothing to do with this."[/I]

Gimme a break. Boycott [B]on[/B].

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]From Time Mag: [I]"And no one can dispute this crowning absurdity: the only two people who know exactly what happened on Dec. 9, 1981, have refused to utter a single word of explanation. One is Abu-Jamal. The other is his brother Billy Cook, whose only known comment on the subject in nearly 19 years was made at the scene of the murder: "I ain't got nothing to do with this."[/I]

Gimme a break. Boycott [B]on[/B].[/QUOTE]

that quote is one of the most ignorant of all time, not blaming you for quoting it but just think about what you pasted for a moment

Time mag is blaming a man for not openly discussing details of a case in which he is trying to appeal and get retried for??????

seriously, he has no business discussing details of the case outside of teh confidentiality of his attorneys until he is in a publi forum..... this has nothing to do with him specifically and applies to all convicted felons

again he may have done it but speaking about it publicly could ONLY hurt him not help him, thats a silly statement by Time mag

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mean Bro Green]that quote is one of the most ignorant of all time, not blaming you for quoting it but just think about what you pasted for a moment

Time mag is blaming a man for not openly discussing details of a case in which he is trying to appeal and get retried for??????

seriously, he has no business discussing details of the case outside of teh confidentiality of his attorneys until he is in a publi forum..... this has nothing to do with him specifically and applies to all convicted felons

again he may have done it but speaking about it publicly could ONLY hurt him not help him, thats a silly statement by Time mag[/QUOTE]

So he'd rather rot on death row than give any details, yup that makes perfect sense to me. :rolleyes: Oh wait, let me guess Mumia the POS is planning on joining OJ to find the "real killers".

Pathetic.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetsound]The act was an especially brutal and sadistic murder that still haunts the family, friends and coworkers of Officer Faulkner.[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, do you think ANY murder or death doesn't "haunt the family, friends and co-workers" of the departed???

Look, I get that cops and millitary work very very hard and dangerous lives (by their choice) defending those of us who do not. They also live every day with vastly more abillity to defend themselves than most of us regular everyday schlubs. But the superiority complex so often presented when one dies in action gets to me sometimes. It's as if it's assumed that their life was somehow more valuble that other lives, that their death more horrid or heinous than other deaths. I'm sorry, I'm all for punishing killers to the very max possible, but I could do with a little less superiority about it, as if it's only important to "boycott supporters" of semi-famous Cop Killers, and not of someone who killed, say, some poor 89 year old grandmother or some innocent mother of 5.

Eh, I'm sure I'll get attacked for this, but frankly I can live with that. The lives of other innocents are just as important, just as meaningful, and just as tragic when taken suddenly, as that of any Cop. Period.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Warfish]With all due respect, do you think ANY murder or death doesn't "haunt the family, friends and co-workers" of the departed???

Look, I get that cops and millitary work very very hard and dangerous lives (by their choice) defending those of us who do not. They also live every day with vastly more abillity to defend themselves than most of us regular everyday schlubs. But the superiority complex so often presented when one dies in action gets to me sometimes. It's as if it's assumed that their life was somehow more valuble that other lives, that their death more horrid or heinous than other deaths. I'm sorry, I'm all for punishing killers to the very max possible, but I could do with a little less superiority about it, as if it's only important to "boycott supporters" of semi-famous Cop Killers, and not of someone who killed, say, some poor 89 year old grandmother or some innocent mother of 5.

Eh, I'm sure I'll get attacked for this, but frankly I can live with that. The lives of other innocents are just as important, just as meaningful, and just as tragic when taken suddenly, as that of any Cop. Period.[/QUOTE]

Conversely, why is Wesley Cook/Mumia such a cause celebre when there's lots of mugs pugs and thugs out there who have successfully targeted
    and killed cops?
    Why is his life valued more than a policeman's?

Because hes a Black Panther/Black Muslim activist raging against the Man?
    Because almost every sociopathic, anti-American freak extant supports the guy?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet]Conversely, why is Wesley Cook/Mumia such a cause celebre when there's lots of mugs pugs and thugs out there who have successfully targeted
    and killed cops?
    Why is his life valued more than a policeman's?

Because hes a Black Panther/Black Muslim activist raging against the Man?
    Because almost every sociopathic, anti-American freak extant supports the guy?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea, and it is irrelevant to the point I made.

Frankly flushing, I could give a Rats ass for Mumia and his supporters. I cannot speak to them, now can I?

But I CAN speak on a post made here, and the issue I have with that post (And a number of posts over the years expressinbg the same type of superiorism regarding the "value" of certain lives.

If you have issues with Mumia's supporters, take it up with them. I am not one of them.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I have no idea, and it is irrelevant to the point I made.

Frankly flushing, I could give a Rats ass for Mumia and his supporters. I cannot speak to them, now can I?

But I CAN speak on a post made here, and the issue I have with that post (And a number of posts over the years expressinbg the same type of superiorism regarding the "value" of certain lives.

If you have issues with Mumia's supporters, take it up with them. I am not one of them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know whats relevant!
    When is a crime not a crime?
    When you say so?

What's relevant is, if the cop is not the biggest hero in Philadelphia
    just for being shot and killed, then Mumia is not the biggest anti-hero in Philadelphia/America for shooting the cop-hes just another perp

Color blind justice demands that criminals face an appropriate penalty for their crimes-if they take a life, are convicted in the face of overwhelming eveidence, and the penalty is forfeiture of their own life, thats how it goes down.

No root cause/personal analysis or excuses necessary.