Thread: Valentin resigns with Mets

All League

Valentin resigns with Mets

Jose Valentin has apparently been resigned to a 1 year contract with the Mets.

Anyone think we're still going after a 2nd baseman this offseason?? I personally like getting Valentin back for a year, but I'd like him as a backup more than a starter. I'd like to acquire a better, younger, more productive 2nd baseman.

Your thoughts ??

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    Jose Valentin has apparently been resigned to a 1 year contract with the Mets.

Anyone think we're still going after a 2nd baseman this offseason?? I personally like getting Valentin back for a year, but I'd like him as a backup more than a starter. I'd like to acquire a better, younger, more productive 2nd baseman.

Your thoughts ??
    Agreed. Bring on a Mark Derosa or Rich Aurilia to compete/platoon with Valentin.

El Duque should be signed pretty soon as well

imo opinion this pretty much tells us that the mets will try to sign soriano or lee to play left field.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    imo opinion this pretty much tells us that the mets will try to sign soriano or lee to play left field.
    they are offering floyd a contract now as we speak... i don't think lee fits omar's athletic mold and i think they are saving the bank for zito, not soriano

If I was a Met fan, I wouldn't want Valentin back as a starter, but he should be okay as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    they are offering floyd a contract now as we speak... i don't think lee fits omar's athletic mold and i think they are saving the bank for zito, not soriano

wow, if they bring valentin and floyd back as starters i will be disappointed.

wow, if they bring valentin and floyd back as starters i will be disappointed.
    i think both will be platoons... offense isn't the problem, though

Lee is eating his way to an AL DH role according to most reports, he's up to like 275 last I heard.

And Soriano wants Beltran money.

No way in hell either are in Shea IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    i think both will be platoons... offense isn't the problem, though
    Amen.

We don't need a 'Yankee lineup'. Spend the money on pitching and we'll be back with the best lineup in the NL next season again.