Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bears Fans Have Landed ........ (merged)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bears Fans Have Landed ........

Hello Jets Fans,

Just wanted to drop in for a friendly hello, and say good luck this weekend. I didnt see a "Rival-team" section, so figured this would be the place to post.

Im the writer/reporter for the [url]www.dabearz.com[/url] a linked site thru the "fan 2 fan" alliance. I have to tell ya folks, it dont look good for your Jets. But then again, i am a Bears fan, what else would i say.

Congrads on squeaking by the Pats, i thought you all might not pull it out in the 4th quarter. Was that a real good game for the Jets, or a real bad game for the Patriots? I'll leave that for you guys to decide.

My latest article is up and posted for you all to read, and debate. Its on the main page of the site. "Meadowlands Redux". I hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoyed doing the research and writing it. LOL

The only thing i can give the Jets for an advantage is that you are playing at home, and that you have more tackles defensively then any other team in the NFL. Im thinking that you all need to get that offense on the field more.

I'll be back to reply to the banter which is coming my way, or feel free to register over at our site, All my articles are on the main page if your registered you can respond to the articles directly..

Again good luck, im thinking you might need it... I smell 9-1 and a "east coast hat trick for DA BEARS".
    Last edited by BEAR-DOWN; 11-15-2006 at 01:06 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site. And I didn't get to see much of the game, but how in hell did you guys lose to the Miami Dolphins? :confused:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    cocky a-hole.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would I want to register to a Bears website? We all know all Bears fans are homosexuals. Is it true that after the game all of the members of Da Bears have a group shower and sing Cher songs?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Bears simply over looked the Dolphins and were looking at the Giants game. They like us fans thought it was a easy game. Also the Dolphins allways step up to play the Bears. Especially when we are undefeated, they want to keep their record for a perfect season. And you might remember the last time the Bears won the SuperBowl they went 15-1. The only loss was to Miami. Weird thing i guess.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BEAR-DOWN]Hello Jets Fans,

Just wanted to drop in for a friendly hello, and say good luck this weekend. I didnt see a "Rival-team" section, so figured this would be the place to post.

Im the writer/reporter for the [url]www.dabearz.com[/url] a linked site thru the "fan 2 fan" alliance. I have to tell ya folks, it dont look good for your Jets. But then again, i am a Bears fan, what else would i say.

Congrads on squeaking by the Pats, i thought you all might not pull it out in the 4th quarter. Was that a real good game for the Jets, or a real bad game for the Patriots? I'll leave that for you guys to decide.

My latest article is up and posted for you all to read, and debate. Its on the main page of the site. "Meadowlands Redux". I hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoyed doing the research and writing it. LOL

The only thing i can give the Jets for an advantage is that you are playing at home, and that you have more tackles defensively then any other team in the NFL. Im thinking that you all need to get that offense on the field more.

I'll be back to reply to the banter which is coming my way, or feel free to register over at our site, All my articles are on the main page if your registered you can respond to the articles directly..

Again good luck, im thinking you might need it... I smell 9-1 and a "east coast hat trick for DA BEARS".[/QUOTE]

Just play the way you did against Arizona and the Dolphs ...'You are the team we think you are!"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    SCOREBOARD

Final 1 2 3 4 T
    Chicago (8-1-0) 3 7 14 14 38
    NY Giants (6-3-0) 7 6 7 0 20
    Recap GameCenter Live Commentary

2006 Schedule
    Date Opponent Time/Result
    Sep 10 @Green Bay Won 26-0
    Sep 17 Detroit Won 34-7
    Sep 24 @Minnesota Won 19-16
    Oct 1 Seattle Won 37-6
    Oct 8 Buffalo Won 40-7
    Oct 16 @Arizona Won 24-23
    Week 7 BYE
    Oct 29 San Francisco Won 41-10
    Nov 5 Miami Lost 13-31
    Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants Won 38-20

i thought we had an easy schedule........geez......who did you beat all year?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Daaaaa fags."

[url]http://i1.tinypic.com/oaxbv4.jpg[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GangGreen1983]Why would I want to register to a Bears website? We all know all Bears fans are homosexuals. Is it true that after the game all of the members of Da Bears have a group shower and sing Cher songs?[/QUOTE]

Is that your best attempt at a intelligent reply? Try again, right after you get an education son.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    any fan of a team who lost to the dolphins should be ashamed of themselves.........

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The funny thing is you all thing the Jets actually have a chance to win... Thats kinda cute like a "green clown"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    so how is New York Jr. anyway?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BEAR-DOWN]The funny thing is you all thing the Jets actually have a chance to win... Thats kinda cute like a "green clown"[/QUOTE]
    [B]Hey ******* ever hear of "Any given Sunday"? You guys learned that two weeks ago against the Dolphins. Nice one Prick.[/B]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BEAR-DOWN]The funny thing is you all thing the Jets actually have a chance to win... Thats kinda cute like a "green clown"[/QUOTE]

I "thing" you need better jokes

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Dabearz.com Article For The Lazy Jet Fans

#1 Ranked NFC Chicago Bears return back to the Meadowlands for the 2nd time in as many weeks to take on the Jets who are coming off a "gift win against the Patriots. The Patriots failed to change much of the game plan from last year, which Mike Mangini knows all to well. The Jets moved within 1 game with the win over the Patriots and are hoping to capitalize on the Bears roller-coaster offence. This coming week the Patriots play the Packers in "Lame-bow" and the Jets play the Bears at the Meadowlands in the "reverse rival" week. Oddly enough, the Patriots are pulling for the Bears and the Jets are pulling for the Packers. That will once again reverse next week and in 3 weeks again when the Bears play the Patriots and the Packers host the Jets.

This all sounds confusing im sure, but the east coast visit is in full swing and the Bears are looking to hold the NFL's respect as the best in the NFC. The Jets are "middle man" on the ladder of NFL ranks, and are playing as expected. With the exception of the Browns, Miami and the Patriots, the Jets are beating the bad teams and losing to the good teams. Interesting enough, the Jets beat the Dolphins which is the only team the Bears have lost to. Im fairly certain you cant put much stock into that fact, since the Jets nearly blew the game in the 4th quarter.

Its obvious that the Jets are just a bad team and have been injury prone for a few years now. Chad Pennington will start just his 13th game in the last 2 years. He has started all the games this year and only 3 last year. The biggest problem for the QB is that his is a "sack magnet". He has been slapped to the floor 20 times in 9 games. Not the leagues most by a long shot. The Raiders' Andrew Walter has that honor with 40 sacks. Compare that to the leagues least sacked QB's (Grossman-11, Farve-11, and P.Manning-10) and thats seems to be a big issue for the Jets O-line with the Bears coming to town. The Bears are tied for 7th in the NFL with 23 team sacks and the Jets have 17 which is among the leagues lowest. The Bears should have no trouble keeping Rex Grossman safe from the sacks, but the Jets secondary is were Grossman will need to be cautious. The Jets have 11 interceptions and the Bears are only a few ahead with 13 (tied for 2nd in the NFL).

The Bears have given up 100+ rushing yards 4 times this year against Green Bay-111-yards, and in every game since the bye week. 49ers-111-yards, Miami-157-yards, Giants-141-yards. This is a bad trend and one that the Jets will try capitalize on to improve their lack luster running game. The Bears still are better at stoping the run then the Jets so expect allot of rushing yards from both teams.

It is also worth mentioning that the Jets are among the least penalized teams in the NFL, but that's the end of the statistics which seem to be close between these 2 clubs. The Bears dominate the rest of the statistics on both sides of the ball, and on special teams the Bears are "warp years" ahead.

Quarterbacks
    Chad Pennington...In 9 games threw 251 times, completed 158 passes @62.9% for 1726-yards. Averaging 6.9 per pass and 191.8 per game. 10-tds. 9ints. Sacked 20 times with 3 fumbles. QB-rating=81.5

Rex Grossman...In 9 games threw 290 times, completed 166 passes @57.2% for 2095-yards. Averaging 7.2 per pass and 232.8 per game. 17-tds 11-ints. Sacked 11 times with 5 fumbles. QB-rating=83.6
    Advantage Bears

Running backs
    Leon Washington..Rushed 95 times for 432-yards Avg 4.5 per carry. 2-tds 1 fumble
    Kevan Barlow.......Rushed 101 times for 327-yards Avg 3.2 per carry 6-tds. 1 fumble

Thomas Jones......Rushed 189 times for 725-yards. Avg 3.8 per carry. 4-tds. 1 fumble.
    Cedric Benson......Rushed 69 times for 215-yards Avg 3.1 per carry. 3-tds. 0 fumble.
    Advantage Bears

Receivers
    Laveranues Coles....51 catches for 635-yards. Avg 70.6 per game 3-tds 0-fumbles.
    Jerricho Cotchery....41 catches for 531-yards. Avg 59.0 per game 4-tds 0-fumbles.
    Chris Baker............16 catches for 139-yards. Avg 15.4 per game 2-tds 0-fumbles.

Muhsin Muhammad..41 catches for 566-yards. Avg 62.9 per game 4-tds 1-fumbles.
    Bernard Berrian.......27 catches for 495-yards. Avg 61.9 per game 4-tds 2-fumbles.
    Desmond Clark........30 catches for 431-yards. Avg 47.9 per game 4-tds 0-fumbles.
    Advantage Bears

Special Teams Stand-Outs
    M.Nugent, T.Dwight, L.Washington, B.J. Askew
    D.Hester, R.Gould, B.Ayanbadejo and R.Davis
    Advantage Bears

Defense = (NFL RANK)
    Jets
    allow 23-pts. per game(24th)
    allow 361.1-yards per game(31st)
    Interceptions 11 (4th)
    Sacks 17 (T-13th)
    Overall Defensive rank (31st)

Bears
    allow 13-pts. per game(2nd)
    allow 250.4-yards per game(1st)
    Interceptions 13 (T-2nd)
    Sacks 23 (T-7th)
    Overall Defensive rank (1st)
    Advantage Bears

History

We are 5 -3 with the Jets all time this will be only our ninth game with the Jets.

1974 L 23-21 - Home
    1979 W 23-13 - Home
    1985 W 19-6 - Away
    1991 W 19-13 - Home OT
    1994 W 19-7 - Away
    1997 L 23-15 - Home
    2000 L 17-10 - Away
    2002 W 20-13 - Champaign,Il

In Closing

The Bears may catch an over confident Jets team at home and win back to back in the Meadowlands. We can only hope the Bears are not looking past the Jets to the Patriots like they did when they had the Giants on their mind and forgot about the Dolphins. With that said there is not allot of respect to be earned beating a bad Jets team at home except for a road win. Again the true road test will be the Patriots on the 26th of November. The Jets are over matched here but they are at home and coming off a big divisional win. The Bears seem up and down, but have managed to beat all but one team. If we go by averages and if i have done my math correctly the Bears will win this game 30-13.

The Stinger
    Hey Jets fans turn on "Heidi" this Sunday, you wont want to watch this game

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, i bet you said the same thing to the dolphags fans. hey, at least we beat the worst team in the league, you guys let them jizz all over you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BEAR-DOWN]#1 Ranked NFC Chicago Bears return back to the Meadowlands for the 2nd time in as many weeks to take on the Jets who are coming off a "gift win against the Patriots. The Patriots failed to change much of the game plan from last year, which Mike Mangini knows all to well. The Jets moved within 1 game with the win over the Patriots and are hoping to capitalize on the Bears roller-coaster offence. This coming week the Patriots play the Packers in "Lame-bow" and the Jets play the Bears at the Meadowlands in the "reverse rival" week. Oddly enough, the Patriots are pulling for the Bears and the Jets are pulling for the Packers. That will once again reverse next week and in 3 weeks again when the Bears play the Patriots and the Packers host the Jets.

This all sounds confusing im sure, but the east coast visit is in full swing and the Bears are looking to hold the NFL's respect as the best in the NFC. The Jets are "middle man" on the ladder of NFL ranks, and are playing as expected. With the exception of the Browns, Miami and the Patriots, the Jets are beating the bad teams and losing to the good teams. Interesting enough, the Jets beat the Dolphins which is the only team the Bears have lost to. Im fairly certain you cant put much stock into that fact, since the Jets nearly blew the game in the 4th quarter.

Its obvious that the Jets are just a bad team and have been injury prone for a few years now. Chad Pennington will start just his 13th game in the last 2 years. He has started all the games this year and only 3 last year. The biggest problem for the QB is that his is a "sack magnet". He has been slapped to the floor 20 times in 9 games. Not the leagues most by a long shot. The Raiders' Andrew Walter has that honor with 40 sacks. Compare that to the leagues least sacked QB's (Grossman-11, Farve-11, and P.Manning-10) and thats seems to be a big issue for the Jets O-line with the Bears coming to town. The Bears are tied for 7th in the NFL with 23 team sacks and the Jets have 17 which is among the leagues lowest. The Bears should have no trouble keeping Rex Grossman safe from the sacks, but the Jets secondary is were Grossman will need to be cautious. The Jets have 11 interceptions and the Bears are only a few ahead with 13 (tied for 2nd in the NFL).

The Bears have given up 100+ rushing yards 4 times this year against Green Bay-111-yards, and in every game since the bye week. 49ers-111-yards, Miami-157-yards, Giants-141-yards. This is a bad trend and one that the Jets will try capitalize on to improve their lack luster running game. The Bears still are better at stoping the run then the Jets so expect allot of rushing yards from both teams.

It is also worth mentioning that the Jets are among the least penalized teams in the NFL, but that's the end of the statistics which seem to be close between these 2 clubs. The Bears dominate the rest of the statistics on both sides of the ball, and on special teams the Bears are "warp years" ahead.

Quarterbacks
    Chad Pennington...In 9 games threw 251 times, completed 158 passes @62.9% for 1726-yards. Averaging 6.9 per pass and 191.8 per game. 10-tds. 9ints. Sacked 20 times with 3 fumbles. QB-rating=81.5

Rex Grossman...In 9 games threw 290 times, completed 166 passes @57.2% for 2095-yards. Averaging 7.2 per pass and 232.8 per game. 17-tds 11-ints. Sacked 11 times with 5 fumbles. QB-rating=83.6
    Advantage Bears

Running backs
    Leon Washington..Rushed 95 times for 432-yards Avg 4.5 per carry. 2-tds 1 fumble
    Kevan Barlow.......Rushed 101 times for 327-yards Avg 3.2 per carry 6-tds. 1 fumble

Thomas Jones......Rushed 189 times for 725-yards. Avg 3.8 per carry. 4-tds. 1 fumble.
    Cedric Benson......Rushed 69 times for 215-yards Avg 3.1 per carry. 3-tds. 0 fumble.
    Advantage Bears

Receivers
    Laveranues Coles....51 catches for 635-yards. Avg 70.6 per game 3-tds 0-fumbles.
    Jerricho Cotchery....41 catches for 531-yards. Avg 59.0 per game 4-tds 0-fumbles.
    Chris Baker............16 catches for 139-yards. Avg 15.4 per game 2-tds 0-fumbles.

Muhsin Muhammad..41 catches for 566-yards. Avg 62.9 per game 4-tds 1-fumbles.
    Bernard Berrian.......27 catches for 495-yards. Avg 61.9 per game 4-tds 2-fumbles.
    Desmond Clark........30 catches for 431-yards. Avg 47.9 per game 4-tds 0-fumbles.
    Advantage Bears

Special Teams Stand-Outs
    M.Nugent, T.Dwight, L.Washington, B.J. Askew
    D.Hester, R.Gould, B.Ayanbadejo and R.Davis
    Advantage Bears

Defense = (NFL RANK)
    Jets
    allow 23-pts. per game(24th)
    allow 361.1-yards per game(31st)
    Interceptions 11 (4th)
    Sacks 17 (T-13th)
    Overall Defensive rank (31st)

Bears
    allow 13-pts. per game(2nd)
    allow 250.4-yards per game(1st)
    Interceptions 13 (T-2nd)
    Sacks 23 (T-7th)
    Overall Defensive rank (1st)
    Advantage Bears

History

We are 5 -3 with the Jets all time this will be only our ninth game with the Jets.

1974 L 23-21 - Home
    1979 W 23-13 - Home
    1985 W 19-6 - Away
    1991 W 19-13 - Home OT
    1994 W 19-7 - Away
    1997 L 23-15 - Home
    2000 L 17-10 - Away
    2002 W 20-13 - Champaign,Il

In Closing

The Bears may catch an over confident Jets team at home and win back to back in the Meadowlands. We can only hope the Bears are not looking past the Jets to the Patriots like they did when they had the Giants on their mind and forgot about the Dolphins. With that said there is not allot of respect to be earned beating a bad Jets team at home except for a road win. Again the true road test will be the Patriots on the 26th of November. The Jets are over matched here but they are at home and coming off a big divisional win. The Bears seem up and down, but have managed to beat all but one team. If we go by averages and if i have done my math correctly the Bears will win this game 30-13.

The Stinger
    Hey Jets fans turn on "Heidi" this Sunday, you wont want to watch this game[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmm Tuesday night in Chi-Town shouldnt you be out shooting people?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice, i was just wondering what a second rate internet journalist thought about next week's matchup

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the bears are mentally weak, as are the bear trolls. They got out of AZ by divine intervention, and lost to miami for crying out loud. They lose focus, and they believe the hype surrounding them

the nfc is the weaker conference, as evidenced by the miami win over da cubs.

the bears don't have faith in their QB, and are in for a rude awakening when they have to deal with our ST's.

mangini is a better coach, and we have the intangibles, and home field advantage.

The jets win, 23-20

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL - wait until you guys read this guy's "article". Talk about bush-league. Wow dude, you should try learning how to use punctuation. Maybe have Mom proof-read for you.

[QUOTE]By Chris Halper

#1 Ranked NFC Chicago Bears return back to the Meadowlands for the 2nd time in as many weeks to take on [B]the Jets who are coming off a "gift win against the Patriots.[/B] The Patriots failed to change much of the game plan from last year, which Mike Mangini knows all to well. The Jets moved within 1 game with the win over the Patriots and are hoping to capitalize on the Bears roller-coaster offence. This coming week the Patriots play the Packers in "Lame-bow" and the Jets play the Bears at the Meadowlands in the "reverse rival" week. Oddly enough, the Patriots are pulling for the Bears and the Jets are pulling for the Packers. That will once again reverse next week and in 3 weeks again when the Bears play the Patriots and the Packers host the Jets.

[B]Its obvious that the Jets are just a bad team [/B] and have been injury prone for a few years now. Chad Pennington will start just his 13th game in the last 2 years. He has started all the games this year and only 3 last year. The biggest problem for the QB is that his is a "sack magnet". He has been slapped to the floor 20 times in 9 games. Not the leagues most by a long shot. The Raiders' Andrew Walter has that honor with 40 sacks. Compare that to the leagues least sacked QB's (Grossman-11, Farve-11, and P.Manning-10) and thats seems to be a big issue for the Jets O-line with the Bears coming to town. The Bears are tied for 7th in the NFL with 23 team sacks and the Jets have 17 which is among the leagues lowest. The Bears should have no trouble keeping Rex Grossman safe from the sacks, but the Jets secondary is were Grossman will need to be cautious. The Jets have 11 interceptions and the Bears are only a few ahead with 13 (tied for 2nd in the NFL).

It is also worth mentioning that the Jets are among the least penalized teams in the NFL, but that's the end of the statistics which seem to be close between these 2 clubs. The Bears dominate the rest of the statistics on both sides of the ball, and on special teams the Bears are "warp years" ahead. [/QUOTE]