Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Start Kellen Next Week

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Start Kellen Next Week

    And Get Rid Of Nugent Next Year

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well thought out post. Full of facts and convincing data.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could see if we were 3-7 , then maybe.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    11,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad Pennington is not going to be benched right now.

    If Chad continues to play poorly the next two games. Then He might get the hook.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say if he looks bad like today against mush lesser competetion, we should think about it...

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,257
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he plays as bad against the Texans as he has lately, than its a strong possibility. No way Pennington gets benched for next week though.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the sunshine state
    Posts
    1,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YJF
    Chad Pennington is not going to be benched right now.

    If Chad continues to play poorly the next two games. Then He might get the hook.
    Exactly. If he plays as bad as today, the Jets are 5-7 and the postseason begins to seem far-fetched. Play the kid when all is truly lost, not after playing one of the NFC's Super Bowl favorites.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you going to start Clemens?? D-line?? Linebacker???

    Cause until you can stop the run you are not going to win a football game no matter how good or bad your QB plays....

    I laughed as there were a bunch of first timers in the section today screaming "Chad sux" late in the fourth quarter....yet had they taken 2 second to look at the scoreboard they would've seen the Bears had rushed for 160-yards to that point and were averaging 5.2-yards per handoff....

    As bad as Pennington played that stat is disgraceful....

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    HI MOM!
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    §omewhere ¯§afe®©¯™
    Posts
    11,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    Where are you going to start Clemens?? D-line?? Linebacker???

    Cause until you can stop the run you are not going to win a football game no matter how good or bad your QB plays....

    I laughed as there were a bunch of first timers in the section today screaming "Chad sux" late in the fourth quarter....yet had they taken 2 second to look at the scoreboard they would've seen the Bears had rushed for 160-yards to that point and were averaging 5.2-yards per handoff....

    As bad as Pennington played that stat is disgraceful....
    We have to score points then...it was absolutely embarrassing how much the Bears did not respect Pennington today..9 men in the box all day long daring him..he can not throw the intermediate pass down the field anymore

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    He looked bad against a good team. He usually does.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    We have to score points then...it was absolutely embarrassing how much the Bears did not respect Pennington today..9 men in the box all day long daring him..he can not throw the intermediate pass down the field anymore

    Pennington was not good at all today...no doubt....but to pin the blame on him when Thomas Jones is breaking two-and-three tackles everytime he handles the ball, never mind make five-or-six guys miss is ridiculous...

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,614
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY
    Pennington was not good at all today...no doubt....but to pin the blame on him when Thomas Jones is breaking two-and-three tackles everytime he handles the ball, never mind make five-or-six guys miss is ridiculous...

    How many TDs did thomas jones have today? The Jets held the bears to 10 points. Asking Penny to match that is just too much I guess.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange
    And Get Rid Of Nugent Next Year

    http://www.slingsnarrows.com/images/buckwheat.jpg

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    §omewhere ¯§afe®©¯™
    Posts
    11,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us