Thread: mets signed alout to a one year deal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

mets signed alout to a one year deal.

i like it. he will give us the type of numbers cliff floyd should have given us....at the very least.

and he will be a nice bat to have against left handed pitching.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it shows Omar's philosophy. With Alou and Green, he's got veteran OFers both signed only through 2007. With Chavez and Johnson, he's got young, cheap 4th/5th OFers who could start if need be.

They've got Carlos Gomez on the horizon, and if they keep him, Milledge as well, and Fernando Martinez down the road - why tie up the corner OF spots for multiple years?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet
    I think it shows Omar's philosophy. With Alou and Green, he's got veteran OFers both signed only through 2007. With Chavez and Johnson, he's got young, cheap 4th/5th OFers who could start if need be.

They've got Carlos Gomez on the horizon, and if they keep him, Milledge as well, and Fernando Martinez down the road - why tie up the corner OF spots for multiple years?

yeah...plus i think it makes good sense. we shoudl be spending most of our money/prospects on pitching. be it FA's or by trade. moises alou is an upgrade over floyd. moises should give us what floyd gave us in 2005.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    His age is a risk, but given this offseason, I think it's an excellent deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    His age is a risk, but given this offseason, I think it's an excellent deal.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet

Agreed again.

The big thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that this guy kills Left-Handed Pitching. He had something like a .340 batting average against Lefty's last year. That's exactly what we need to help put an end to our struggles against Leftys.