Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 91

Thread: Jeter Gets the Ultimate Shaft

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    2,617

    Angry Jeter Gets the Ultimate Shaft

    This is sheer lunacy. How can it not go to Jeter? And to Justin Morneau, nonetheless. Justin Morneau! Now Mike and the Mad Dog are killing the idiot who gave Jeter a sixth place vote. SIXTH?! That man is a fool, and he is now showing that he knows absolutely nothing about Jeter or how valuable he is to the Yankees. Russo absolutely hates the Yankees, and he is in disbelief. Having Ortiz win would have been easier to stomach than seeing Mr. Morneau win. He isn't even the MVP on his own team! I am fuming.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2670876

  2. #2
    The sixth place vote is ridiculous. Morneau winning is not that crazy though.

  3. #3
    I agree, Jeter was very clutch this season, especially during that one season in Fenway when they swept the BoSox. And, seriously, who votes Jeter 6th? Does Bill Simmons get a vote??

  4. #4
    Yankees suck, Jeter sucks. Get over it ya whiner.

    (pokes the angry man with a stick, then runs quickly back out of the room )

  5. #5
    The media has always had a baised against the Yankees all have always will. This is no surprise when I heard last night that the votes were close.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,514
    That's such BS....whoever voted 6th place should have their privileges revoked.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    I agree, Jeter was very clutch this season, especially during that one season in Fenway when they swept the BoSox. And, seriously, who votes Jeter 6th? Does Bill Simmons get a vote??
    That idiot voter was named Joe........I forget his last name. He was a pompous guy in his late 20's, early 30's who got absolutely owned by Mike and Chris. It was obvious he has no real grasp on the value of a baseball player.

  8. #8
    I would've went

    1. Santana
    2. Jeter
    3. Hafner

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    517
    Jeter being voted 6th by someone is absolutly insane. No matter what team you have a biased against when it comes to voting for the MVP of the league one should act as unbiased and proffesional as possible. I wonder if that sportswriter who voted Jeter 6th is from Boston?

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    I would've went

    1. Santana
    2. Jeter
    3. Hafner
    I understand your 1st 2, but Hafner? He put up some good numbers but how valuable could he be since the team still sucked.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    1,421
    As a Mets fan I find the Title of the thread hilarious.

    I agree though the 6th place votes are very ridiculous, but Morneau winning it isn't all that far fetched. The guy had an amazing season.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    2,617
    Here we go. The dunce who voted Jeter sixth is:
    Joe Cowley
    He is the White Sox beat writer for the Chicago Sun-Times.

  13. #13
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    He has 4 rings and all the young Manhattan trim he can eat.

    He's not crying, so neither should we.

    SAR I

  14. #14
    I don't even think he is their beat writer. He is just a staffer.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    He has 4 rings and all the young Manhattan trim he can eat.

    He's not crying, so neither should we.

    SAR I
    Exactly I don't think Justin Morneau is laying under Jessica Biel tonight

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud
    I don't even think he is their beat writer. He is just a staffer.
    I'm not sure. I got the info from another site.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yankee
    Here we go. The dunce who voted Jeter sixth is:
    Joe Cowley
    He is the White Sox beat writer for the Chicago Sun-Times.

    I'm def going to be emailing him questioning what the hell hes smoking.

    I dont have a problem with Morneau being voted first, but voting Jeter 6th is just crazy.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yankee
    This is sheer lunacy. How can it not go to Jeter? And to Justin Morneau, nonetheless. Justin Morneau! Now Mike and the Mad Dog are killing the idiot who gave Jeter a sixth place vote. SIXTH?! That man is a fool, and he is now showing that he knows absolutely nothing about Jeter or how valuable he is to the Yankees. Russo absolutely hates the Yankees, and he is in disbelief. Having Ortiz win would have been easier to stomach than seeing Mr. Morneau win. He isn't even the MVP on his own team! I am fuming.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2670876
    Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhh. Jeter didn't even have the best numbers on his team.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Did this Joe Clown have a crush on Biel ?

  20. #20

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us