Thread: Anyone Need A Job?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Need A Job?

I work for Enterprise Rent-A-Car as a Management Trainee and my Human Resources Director asked me to refer some people to him. If you're relatively young (under 30), and want to start a kick-ass career, PM for details. Here a gist of what this position is all about:

About to graduate?
    As a Management Trainee, you'll discover that we've hired you to eventually run your own business. Our business skills training program allows you to make crucial business decisions in a surprisingly short amount of time.

Worked, but haven't found your niche?
    At Enterprise, promotions are based on performance not seniority. We look for energetic individuals who are goal-oriented. We will teach you to successfully run your own business and then give you the opportunity to do it.

Experienced, but looking for something new?
    If you are self-motivated and have the ability to think on your feet, you could soon be running your own business. It's an opportunity to earn in 2-3 years what it might take 10 years to earn somewhere else.

It's like an MBA crash course
    Once you’ve completed your initial orientation and training, you'll be assigned to a branch office in your home area and the hands-on training begins. You'll learn valuable business skills from capable mentors who were once in your shoes. Nearly 100% of all our managers and corporate executives started out as Management Trainees.

Rewards, promotions and income potential
    During your first year, you will actively participate in everything from sales and marketing and customer service to operations and finance. As you progress, you will be tested and evaluated to determine your proficiency in these areas. Successful completion of these tests and evaluations will result in rewards, pay increases and the opportunity for continued promotions.

Based on merit. Not seniority.
    On average, you can expect to be promoted to Branch Manager within two years. The timing, though, is truly up to you. Thanks to our entrepreneurial philosophy, there’s absolutely nothing holding you back. Your own initiative and capabilities, coupled with your ability to think on your feet and market effectively, will dictate how fast you advance.

I can't promise that you'll get hired, but I can promise you that you'll get an interview if you guys talk to me. I'll get your foot in the door, then it's up to you!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack, thankfully, I don't need a job, but right off the bat you built into your thread age discrimination....If you're relatively young (under 30).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No disrespect, but I tried this job in college for 2 days... worse job ever. Salesman without commissions.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't recommend working at Enterprise to people I didn't like. Long hours not alot of money. I did it for far too long.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all about the work you put into it. I'm on pace to make 40K in my first year, and I haven't even been promoted yet.

4-5 years with this company = company car, 100K+, full benefits and close to 30 days paid vacation. Oh, and did I mention that they've never had a layoff in their 50 years of existence?

If you work hard they will reward that hard work through promotions, bonuses, and awards. Don't get me wrong, it isn't for everyone. But it is for me!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw
    It's all about the work you put into it. I'm on pace to make 40K in my first year, and I haven't even been promoted yet.

4-5 years with this company = company car, 100K+, full benefits and close to 30 days paid vacation. Oh, and did I mention that they've never had a layoff in their 50 years of existence?

If you work hard they will reward that hard work through promotions, bonuses, and awards. Don't get me wrong, it isn't for everyone. But it is for me!
    I still say it's a horrible place to work, then again I don't particularly want to work 60+ hours a week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z
    I still say it's a horrible place to work, then again I don't particularly want to work 60+ hours a week.

Everyone has their opinions, and I certainly respect yours. However, If a person is smart, works hard, and performs well, they're guaranteed at least three promotions in two years...Bottom line.

That's a lot of money for a 25 year old, three years removed from college

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need a job

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm going to parrot something somebody else said........you better watch what you say when you are trying to recruit people for jobs, age discrimination can lead to lawsuits.......and that goes for any kind of discrimination for that matter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    i'm going to parrot something somebody else said........you better watch what you say when you are trying to recruit people for jobs, age discrimination can lead to lawsuits.......and that goes for any kind of discrimination for that matter.
    Enterprise doesn't discriminate based on age. Just that anyone who has actually held another job would never work there unless desperate so you rarely see anyone older than 35 working there.