Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Russian former spy

OT: Russian former spy

Has anyone been following this story? Now they found traces of radiation on the planes that had been on the Moscow to London route? Slowly everyone who opposes Putin is winding up missing or dead.

Hall Of Fame
    I heard about this! Yeah it is very strange

[QUOTE=rmeyer52]Has anyone been following this story? Now they found traces of radiation on the planes that had been on the Moscow to London route? Slowly everyone who opposes Putin is winding up missing or dead.[/QUOTE]

Well, Putin is an ex-KGB. It's kind of like the mafia, you can never escape the wrath of the Kremlin. They'll get you, one way or another.

Except for the fact that a man has been killed, I have to admit the story is very cool to follow. It's like a John Le Carre novel.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd like to start following. Link to a story? Personally written recap? :(

All League
    its odd that they used such a weird way to kill him. They could've easily just killed him and made it look like a random murder, but they went out of their way to make it extremely high profile. Using a special radioactive poison that clearly only government connected people could get sends a message not to **** with Putin

Jets Insider VIP
    I've been following this story for weeks. This is the ultimate in spy vs. spy, James Bond kinda stuff....the amazing thing is that it's real. It harkens back to Cold War days. I think this story will only get bigger, especially if British investigators continue to find links to Moscow. It sounds like someone came into Britian with radioactive material to poison this guy...but they left too many clues. I bet it goes straight to Putin.

[QUOTE=jetstream23]I've been following this story for weeks. This is the ultimate in spy vs. spy, James Bond kinda stuff....the amazing thing is that it's real. It harkens back to Cold War days. I think this story will only get bigger, especially if British investigators continue to find links to Moscow. It sounds like someone came into Britian with radioactive material to poison this guy...but they left too many clues. I bet it goes straight to Putin.[/QUOTE]

Do you think Russia is trying to say "Hey, we can smuggle in radioactive weapons and bio-weapons any time we want?"

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]Do you think Russia is trying to say "Hey, we can smuggle in radioactive weapons and bio-weapons any time we want?"[/QUOTE]

I think that's implied, but the more important message is that old KGB habits die hard, and that the old-style way of doing things may still be alive and well. This definitely goes straight back to Putin.

All Pro
    I heard he ate some bad fish in a London Sushi Bar. The Italian guy he met with was interviewed and released by Scotland Yard.

[QUOTE=2009fatman]I heard he ate some bad fish in a London Sushi Bar.[/QUOTE]

his sushi was poisoned with the rare radioactive agent

Hall Of Fame
    I heard Bellichicken was spotted at the restaurant about an hour before. :yes:

All Pro
    Word is, the stuff that killed him was smuggled in in a diplomatic pouch, which cannot be searched. No way to stop that....unless you completely break down all diplomatic conventions.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec]his sushi was poisoned with the rare radioactive agent[/QUOTE]

Fox reported he was handed copies of emails that could have been contaminated with that agent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=2009fatman]I heard he ate some bad fish...[/QUOTE]
    It can happen... Rock Hudson died from Bad Meat in the Can!! :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]Do you think Russia is trying to say "Hey, we can smuggle in radioactive weapons and bio-weapons any time we want?"[/QUOTE]

I think it is more like, "Putin can get you no matter where you are." Although you bring up an interesting point, it was apparently a very small amount of radioactive material. But I guess we should all get ready for Gieger counters at the airport security checkpoints! :rolleyes:

Veteran
    This is the current headline stuff here in England, everyone knows the KGB did it, just like they did that female journo in. Seems like anyone publicly bad mouthing Putin gets taken out.

Hall Of Fame
    Putin has really converted back to his evil ways ever since he took that Super Bowl ring from Robert Kraft.

Coincidence???....I think not.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=savage69]It can happen... Rock Hudson died from Bad Meat in the Can!! :yes:[/QUOTE]
    oh thats just wrong

You are right Putin is ex KGB and the fact that nobody has called him on this is alarming. When you look back in history at mass murder most people single out Hitler but Stalin was much worse sending, by one estimate, over 50 million people to their deaths in camps or by murder. Russia's history is full of that type of political gains

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=CT. JETS FAN]Putin has really converted back to his evil ways ever since he took that Super Bowl ring from Robert Kraft.

Coincidence???....I think not.[/QUOTE]
    funny post!

I'm going to move this to politics, this is an interesting situation however, and the fact that Briton is now trying to contact 33,000 that may have came in contact with this crap on planes opens a whole new set of worries in this day and age.