Thread: Sundance lineup ...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Sundance lineup ...

[url]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i7c848046e63a8a75007db3411d1a60df[/url]

of political interest

GHOSTS OF ABU GHRAIB [B](Director: Rory Kennedy)[/B] -- This inside look at the abuses that occurred at the infamous Iraqi prison in the fall of 2003 uses direct, personal narratives of perpetrators, witnesses, and victims to probe the effects of the abuses on all involved. World premiere.

:rolleyes:

abu garib?

that's where the US Army handed out ice cream and cupcakes right?

they held cheerleading contests there..
    I actually have no problem with the torture of ACTUAL Qeada members..
    The problem with Abu Gharaib is that the US rounded up Iraquis and just threw em in there...THe VAST majority were released..So we were just torturing ordinary people..

Hall Of Fame
    I have an idea: how about the history of AG BEFORE 2003? Or was that the idea behind the movie "Saw"? :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=quantum]I have an idea: how about the history of AG BEFORE 2003?[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Interesting that none of the fine fine filmakers, who we know care so much for human rights, did any films about Abu G. under Saddam.

Very interesting.

[QUOTE=Warfish]I have to agree. Interesting that none of the fine fine filmakers, who we know care so much for human rights, did any films about Abu G. under Saddam.

Very interesting.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, because nobody knows that SH was a very bad guy who did very bad things. Nothing well established there. :rolleyes:

It's not like you are either with Bush and his neo cons or you are with Saddam. You can be with neither.

It's not like you either agree with Bush/Cheney or you are against the security of the nation.

Enough of all the bull-blank false choices. Both sides and the middle, at least at our level (citizens), want the same thing. A safe prosperous nation. We may disagree on the means to those ends.

When people call liberalism a disease or paint all conservatives with a religious right or neo-con brush, they harm the discourse.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Upon further review, this film may be much more disturbing...

ZOO (Director: Robinson Devor) -- A humanizing look at the life and bizarre death of a seemingly normal Seattle family man who met his untimely end after an unusual encounter with a horse. World premiere

:eek:
    You guys remember that story right?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin]Upon further review, this film may be much more disturbing...

ZOO (Director: Robinson Devor) -- A humanizing look at the life and bizarre death of a seemingly normal Seattle family man who met his untimely end after an unusual encounter with a horse. World premiere

:eek:
    You guys remember that story right?[/QUOTE]

ummm - no. Was he trying to do a "Catherine the Great"? :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet-Zeppelin]Yeah, because nobody knows that SH was a very bad guy who did very bad things. Nothing well established there. :rolleyes:

It's not like you are either with Bush and his neo cons or you are with Saddam. You can be with neither.

It's not like you either agree with Bush/Cheney or you are against the security of the nation.

Enough of all the bull-blank false choices. Both sides and the middle, at least at our level (citizens), want the same thing. A safe prosperous nation. We may disagree on the means to those ends.

When people call liberalism a disease or paint all conservatives with a religious right or neo-con brush, they harm the discourse.[/QUOTE]

The point was: whats worse - panties on yer head, or what went on under SH? As I pointed out above only partially sarcastically, it could have been the inspiration for "Saw". :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=quantum]The point was: whats worse - panties on yer head, or what went on under SH? As I pointed out above only partially sarcastically, it could have been the inspiration for "Saw". :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

anyone who ever supported this war should be deeply embarrassed, apologetic and contrite

victory is not possible

your man led down a path for losers

i hope you are proud quantum

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=bitonti]anyone who ever supported this war should be deeply embarrassed, apologetic and contrite

victory is not possible

your man led down a path for losers

i hope you are proud quantum[/QUOTE]

Embarassed? Contrite?

Because we completely removed 2 countries
    (Iraq & Libya) as threats?

Because Vernon "please, ya gotta help me outta this Lewinsky mess"
    Jordan is in the Iraq Appeasement Group?

Because a 24x7 loser like yourself proclaims "victory is not
    possible" and calls others losers?

Go back to bed and dream up some more bad mock NFL drafts

Iraq wasn't a threat.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=bman]Iraq wasn't a threat.[/QUOTE]

That's not what Bubba, Kerri, et al said.......

[QUOTE=flushingjet]That's not what Bubba, Kerri, et al said.......[/QUOTE]

so because these idiots also had it wrong that makes it right?

flushing wake up and look in the mirrior - you are using Clinton as a supporter for a foolish rush to an unnecessary war - is that really what it's come down to? Bill said something and you agree with it? This is a man you have done nothing but hate for the last 15 years but since he agrees with Bush about the threat of Saddam all of a sudden he's a trusted source?

you can't have it both ways - either a man is a lying untrustworthy philanderer or he isn't. You can't bring up Clinton only when it's convenient for you

all this being said Bush will go down as a worse Prez than Clinton, that's gotta hurt.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=quantum]ummm - no. Was he trying to do a "Catherine the Great"? :eek:[/QUOTE]
    not trying...injuries sustained during is what caused his eventual demise

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=bitonti]so because these idiots also had it wrong that makes it right?

flushing wake up and look in the mirrior - you are using Clinton as a supporter for a foolish rush to an unnecessary war - is that really what it's come down to? Bill said something and you agree with it? This is a man you have done nothing but hate for the last 15 years but since he agrees with Bush about the threat of Saddam all of a sudden he's a trusted source?

you can't have it both ways - either a man is a lying untrustworthy philanderer or he isn't. You can't bring up Clinton only when it's convenient for you

all this being said Bush will go down as a worse Prez than Clinton, that's gotta hurt.[/QUOTE]

Sure, sure, kid.
    Clinton was right about Iraq also.
    Problem was he didnt even begin to know how to fight a war
    against ME nations, he was completely ineffective.
    He wouldnt even follow our own truce terms and
    stopped sending inspectors, but he was good
    at shooting down empty tents and aspirin factories,
    and deciding OBL was not worth apprehending.

Also, he's been on the SA payroll for years-
    they gave a lot of $ for his joke of a library-
    and is an "expert" on the terrorism now

Again, we didnt "rush" to war with Iraq.
    If anything we were too freakin' slow!

Iraq was a threat since you were in your jammies with the feeties.
    The old ones, not your new ones....

flushing when history is written you and the President will be on the wrong side of it. The Iraq war is going down as a failure, it's time for you and the President to face reality. It was a bad idea with no plan for long term success, and here we are. You can use whatever rhetoric you want, you can believe whatever you want, history is written by the winners and in Iraq we are the losers.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=bitonti]flushing when history is written you and the President will be on the wrong side of it. The Iraq war is going down as a failure, it's time for you and the President to face reality. It was a bad idea with no plan for long term success, and here we are. You can use whatever rhetoric you want, you can believe whatever you want, history is written by the winners and in Iraq we are the losers.[/QUOTE]

Um,....we won the war in Iraq.

Completely eliminated their armed forces as a threat
    to us and anyone.

And Libya also.

And thats fine with me.

For the billionth time, we have casus belli to blow
    Iran and Syria , and just about every ME
    nation off the map for colluding against us.

Thats the only major failing I see, for showing restraint
    where no restraint should be.

Whats going on now is police action that Iraqis will
    need to sort out in the short term.
    Thats it.

Bush is not perfect, he has erred in other ways, but
    I cant possibly imagine Algore conducting a war and keeping
    our economy strong at the same time

Why dont you cry about all the Drunk Driving Deaths,
    Illegal Handgun Murders and Murders Committed by Illegal Aliens -
    they take far more lives and unlike defending our nation
    are a complete waste of life

If anyone is on the wrong side of history its liberals and Islamists.

They dont defend our nation and ideals now, never did, and
    never will.

They said Reagan was this that and the other and they were wrong too.

When Carter and Clinton die, you can line up to see their worthless corpses lying in state, I wont mind
    Last edited by flushingjet; 12-07-2006 at 01:54 PM.