Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT - The Office....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec]I probably have a better chance of meeting Hilary Duff, and have her fall madly in love with me.

Actually, that would be effin' awesome.[/QUOTE]

I dated Alyssa Milano for about 4 days. We were 8 years old so I don't know if it really counted. :P Her family moved to California and I never saw her again. Oh, the sad state of young love!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked when Michael told the guy last night about the ex-con and he went to run after him and Michael had to hold him back.

Show is very funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought last night's episode was very funny... all the jokes about convicts being black were great, especially when somebody yelled out Jesus, and he said Apollo Creed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The funniest charachter is Creed. I love at the beginning of this season when he introduced himself to the drunk (lady) who has only been working with him for the last three years.

djr44

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23]I dated Alyssa Milano for about 4 days. We were 8 years old so I don't know if it really counted. :P Her family moved to California and I never saw her again. Oh, the sad state of young love!!![/QUOTE]

You da man! :yes:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23]I dated Alyssa Milano for about 4 days. We were 8 years old so I don't know if it really counted. :P Her family moved to California and I never saw her again. Oh, the sad state of young love!!![/QUOTE]

haha, that's a good story

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

You got sloppy seconds my freind, I dated her when she was 7.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Was that about the time she filmed Commando with Arnold.

"I have to save Chenny!!!!!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2]You got sloppy seconds my freind, I dated her when she was 7.[/QUOTE]

What about that kid Jonathan, her brother on the show. Shouldn't the patriots be drafting him as a quarterback soon?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone else feel that this episode had the same pattern to it as the "Oscar Coming Out" episode?

First an employee is outed by Michael, then the employees go into the conference room. Michael says it's OK that the employee is gay or is a convict and that he is still their friend. Then outed employee gets upset and quits.

The same plot structure.

Funny, but not original.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FoxboroFanatic2]You got sloppy seconds my freind, I dated her when she was 7.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Yeah, 8 year old dating pretty much amounted to holding hands and me knocking on her door with a bouquet of weeds I picked from the grass by the sidewalk. I was a real Casanova back then!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mr. Yankee]Did anyone else feel that this episode had the same pattern to it as the "Oscar Coming Out" episode?

First an employee is outed by Michael, then the employees go into the conference room. Michael says it's OK that the employee is gay or is a convict and that he is still their friend. Then outed employee gets upset and quits.

The same plot structure.

[B]Funny, but not original.[/B][/QUOTE]

Lots of shows have patterns to them. One of the funniest things about the show is how, when a crisis comes up, Michael seems to get flustered and then just rushes everyone into the conference room for one of his profound and very inappropriate speeches.

If you think that following similar patterns from show to show is unoriginal you must have really hated Seinfeld....sitting in the diner day after day listening to an observation of the ordinary from Jerry?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    After watching the genius that is the english version of the office... Its hard to watch the american version.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nico002]After watching the genius that is the english version of the office... Its hard to watch the american version.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, the British version is 100x better than the American one.

It is absolutely brilliant.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nico002]After watching the genius that is the english version of the office... Its hard to watch the american version.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should try it. Just not a big fan of that smarmy, sarcastic British humor.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y]I guess I should try it. Just not a big fan of that smarmy, sarcastic British humor.[/QUOTE]

neither am I, but it works perfectly in the uncomfortable, awkward office setting.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This episode was okay, last week was much better

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23]Lots of shows have patterns to them. One of the funniest things about the show is how, when a crisis comes up, Michael seems to get flustered and then just rushes everyone into the conference room for one of his profound and very inappropriate speeches.

If you think that following similar patterns from show to show is unoriginal you must have really hated Seinfeld....sitting in the diner day after day listening to an observation of the ordinary from Jerry?[/QUOTE]
    I'm not saying I didn't like the episode. I liked it and I love The Office. However, the similarity between the 2 episodes was just so glaring.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the best comedy on TV. The past few weeks' episodes have been hilarious. "I'm prison Mike!" hahaha. I just love all of the awkward things that go on at Dunder-Mifflin.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Addict SouthFL]I liked when Michael told the guy last night about the ex-con and he went to run after him and Michael had to hold him back.

Show is very funny.[/QUOTE]
    Dwight is a big part of the shows comedy. As well as Michael of course.