View Poll Results: What Cause More Trouble In America Using Marijuana or Alcohol?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marijuana

6 14.29%
  • Alcohol

36 85.71%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Causes More Trouble In America, Using Marijuana or Alcohol?

Hall Of Fame

What Causes More Trouble In America Using Marijuana or Alcohol?

Simple question is there more trouble (fights, rapes, theft, homelessness, etc) from smoking weed or drinking alcohol? This has nothing to do with selling weed or it being illegal only what the user does, this is also not about underage drinking only what adults do.
    Last edited by New York Mick; 12-01-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Test

Test

More women are abused and more deaths occur every DAY due to alchohol..
    Cigarretes and Alchohol kill more people every day than every illegal drug combined.
    Last edited by bman; 12-01-2006 at 03:09 PM.

All Pro
    it is real hard to get off the couch when your stoned no less pick a fight.

On the otherhand alcohol gives you confidence which can get you laid or into the back of a police car.

Veteran
    Just ask yourself this question.

If your girlfriend wife or sister was walking down the block in the middle of the night and on one corner was a group of guys who wwhere drinking and possibly drunk and on the other corner was a group of guys smoking marijuana, which side of the street would you want her to walk on passing which group.

it is an absolute joke that weed is illegal. I am as conservative as they come politically, but this is something that needs to change. However, like in California, I would only allow people to buy it who have pre-approved id cards.

Veteran
    Obvious agenda in this question.

To be honest I don't care which is worse. All drugs should be legal IMO.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Lawyers, Guns and Money]Obvious agenda in this question.

To be honest I don't care which is worse. All drugs should be legal IMO.[/QUOTE]

:yes: :yes: :yes:

[QUOTE=ganooch]Just ask yourself this question.

If your girlfriend wife or sister was walking down the block in the middle of the night and on one corner was a group of guys who wwhere drinking and possibly drunk and on the other corner was a group of guys smoking marijuana, which side of the street would you want her to walk on passing which group.[/QUOTE]

To be truthful, as a woman I would walk by the group smoking pot and be praying I made the right decision. There really is no guarantee that someone in that group wouldn't be an ***hole. In any respect some people can drink and have a good time and be fun to be around. On the other hand their are some people who can get too aggressive and violent. I haven't been around people who smoked pot who were violent. They are usually only creative and hungry.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

the question is to simplified and directed to get the answer desired....it's like saying Justin Miller's kick-off return run back was fantastic without considering all the blocks that sprung him free....

considering one can legally go into a supermarket and buy a 12-pack as opposed to buying weed from a dealer who most of the time will sell other narcotics or have connections with bigger drug dealers who lead a life of crime and at some point or another committed felony assault in the transportation, distribution, etc of their product, this is a no brainer.....

There are no major alcohol cartels which kill, etc to bring whiskey and budwieser into this country....that honor goes to the drug cartels...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-01-2006 at 04:01 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]

There are no major alcohol cartels which kill, etc to bring whiskey and budwieser into this country....that honor goes to the drug cartels...[/QUOTE]

do you think that would change if marijuana was legalized and regulated :confused:

see prohibition

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]

There are no major alcohol cartels which kill, etc to bring whiskey and budwieser into this country....that honor goes to the drug cartels...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's because alcohol is legal. What happened during the Prohibition? Did any crime result due to alcohol being illegal? You better believe it.

Make marijuana legal and you can have legitimate companies selling it. At the same time, you can keep the same (or increase) penalties for having "illegal" weed that isn't produced by licensed companies and subject to sales tax.

Alcohol/drugs/guns etc. are undeniable evils. You can make them illegal but people who want them will still get them. It's far too easy.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=LI2OH]do you think that would change if marijuana was legalized and regulated :confused:

see prohibition[/QUOTE]

no... they'd go from legal marijuana to individuals putting additives into the marijuana (angel dust, etc) to make it more potent, etc....never mind the fact once weed is legal then the outcry would be for the next drug to be legal, etc...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]the question is to simplified and directed to get the answer desired....

considering one can legally go into a supermarket and buy a 12-pack as opposed to buying weed from a dealer who most of the time will sell other narcotics or have connections with bigger drug dealers who lead a life of crime and at some point or another committed felony assault in the transportation, distribution, etc of their product, this is a no brainer.....

What if the person that smokes grows his own **** and there is no drug dealer involved anymore? Remember that Prohibition is what lead to the rise of the Irish and Italian Mafia so by making weed legal you eliminate one area for crime. But this really isn't about legal or illegal, driving drunk and underage drinking is just as much of a crime as using weed but that's not what I was trying to get. It was a simple question, you made it complicated to get your desired answer. You can honestly say that more crime is commit by people that are high then people that are drunk?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]

Alcohol/guns etc. are undeniable evils. [/QUOTE]

undeniable evils for who??

immature clowns who cannot handle them responsibly??

[QUOTE=bman]More women are abused and more deaths occur every DAY due to alchohol..
    Cigarretes and Alchohol kill more people every day than every illegal drug combined.[/QUOTE]

Naturally, because alcohol is legal and more readily available in this country.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]undeniable evils for who??

immature clowns who cannot handle them responsibly??[/QUOTE]

Undeniable in that people will get to them if they are legal or illegal. See: guns, alcohol, etc. When something is accessible and people want it, they will get it through legal or illegal means.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]no... they'd go from legal marijuana to individuals putting additives into the marijuana (angel dust, etc) to make it more potent, etc....never mind the fact once weed is legal then the outcry would be for the next drug to be legal, etc...[/QUOTE]

Come on, Angel Dust what is this 1975, I have been around a **** load of drugs and have never met anyone that has even used it much less seen it. I don't want anything in my weed but weed. I know a lot of people who have a few drinks smoke a joint once and a while and that's it. I'm not talking about people who smoke weed but also do coke, acid, ecstasy, prescription pills and everything else that will get them ****ed up. Legalizing weed doesn't mean that it is the stepping stone for all drugs to be legal. I personally think that weed should be legal and all the other **** should be illegal.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=49ersJetsfan]Naturally, because alcohol is legal and more readily available in this country.[/QUOTE]

And when it wasn't it was still used all the time and caused more violence and death.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]no... they'd go from legal marijuana to individuals putting additives into the marijuana (angel dust, etc) to make it more potent, etc....never mind the fact once weed is legal then the outcry would be for the next drug to be legal, etc...[/QUOTE]

weak argument...

you can't stop people from getting high, how many people do you think use legal and illegal drugs with alcohol to increase the buzz??

The war on drugs is stupid, why not legalize and regulate and most importantly TAX??