Thread: Gates approved by Senate for Sec of Def

Gates approved by Senate for Sec of Def

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061205/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/gates_pentagon_27[/url]

I listened to much of the hearings on the radio and I must admit I agree with this approval. Bush actually made a good decision/appointment for once in his life. Gates answered most of the questions intelligently and honestly. The moment he said he did not think we were winning the war in Iraq, i knew the guy would not be one of Dumbya's yesmen. I may not agree with all of his positions, but at least he made some sense and appeared competent and determined to make changes in Iraq. I can respect that and apparently so do the Dems.

Now how long before Bush wakes up and fires the guy or will he simply ignore all his ideas?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Now how long before Bush wakes up and fires the guy or will he simply ignore all his ideas?[/QUOTE]

Bet you dems call for his resignation long before that happens.

hey Spirit,
    Are you an American, or a republican?

[QUOTE=bman]hey Spirit,
    Are you an American, or a republican?[/QUOTE]

he's just a guy that thinks Bush and Rumseld have been doing a great job. :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti]he's just a guy that thinks Bush and Rumseld have been doing a great job. :eek:[/QUOTE]

They haven't been? The way I see it...they're grrrrrreat!

[IMG]http://www.scorps.ru/lirika/al/blackout.jpg[/IMG]

The GOP loves people like DWEEB. Head in the sand and ass in the air.

[QUOTE=bman]hey Spirit,
    Are you an American, or a republican?[/QUOTE]

I just don't get any of this.

Who the heck cares who the Secretary of Defense is? The problems in Iraq and Afghanistan cannot be/will never be solved by the US military.

Sadaam Hussein and his army have been defeated - a long time ago - by the US Army - a LONG time ago.

We should be secretly and ruthlessly smoking our Islamic enemies courtesy of the CIA at this stage.

Why does George Bush allow Osama Bin Laden to live? That's totally unacceptable.