Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pettitte a Yankee.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Pettitte a Yankee.

Signed a one year deal. Link to come.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Report: Pettitte to rejoin Yankees

ESPN's Buster Olney is reporting that Andy Pettitte will return to the Yankees on a one-year contract.
    Dec. 8 - 4:08 pm et

From www.rotoworld.com

cool, man

I always loved Pettite

so is Roger next?

a better option than lilly and meche (he is getting 1 million for every career win he has)

great move

Veteran
    That's good news, hope he stays nice and healthy.

Wang, Pettite, Moose, Johnson, Japanese guy, Pavano... sounding better.

Now sign Zito too and lets go win the World Series

Jets Insider VIP
    The SOX have to do something, so I hope that they go after/sign Clemens to a 1 yr deal! Love the JETS.......but I love My REDSOX too!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern 80
    The SOX have to do something, so I hope that they go after/sign Clemens to a 1 yr deal! Love the JETS.......but I love My REDSOX too!
    interesting mix, but i can't talk, i am Jets-Yankees-Celtics.

zito's a good pitcher, but its virtually impossible financially. id much rather have us sign pettitte for the 1 year, possibly clemens for a year as well to go for it all in 07'. and if we dont' make it, stick with the farm in 08 b/c hughes, sanchez and clippard should all be ready by then. pettitte is a stopgap. maybe clemens will follow, that'd be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566
    so is Roger next?

in all likelihood, now that Pettite is a Yank, they will be able to sign Clemens in mid-season

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566
    so is Roger next?
    Is Torre still manager? He has been reported to say that he wouldn't give Roger the same leeway as the Astros have given. He doesn't want a guy that won't travel with the team just b/c he isn't scheduled to pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Is Torre still manager? He has been reported to say that he wouldn't give Roger the same leeway as the Astros have given. He doesn't want a guy that won't travel with the team just b/c he isn't scheduled to pitch.

Roger knows how the Yankees work, I don't think he could expect leeway from Torre and Steinbrenner. Plus, the only reason he didn't want to travel with the Astros is because his family lived in Houston. There will be nothing holding him back in NY

Quote Originally Posted by LSJF

That's good news, hope he stays nice and healthy.

Wang, Pettite, Moose, Johnson, Japanese guy, Pavano... sounding better.
    Wang, Pettitte, Moose, Unit, Japanese Guy, Pavano, Phillip Hughes

Unit and Pavano are big injury concerns, but Phillip Hughes gives us a 5th Man even if both are hurt

Jets Insider VIP
    This is why everyone hates all of you. You now have Randy Johnson as your 4rth starter with the best lineup in all of baseball.

Randy Johnson as a 4rth starter + best lineup in baseball = another Joe Torre/Alex Rodriguez choke job come October.

I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10

This is why everyone hates all of you. You now have Randy Johnson as your 4rth starter with the best lineup in all of baseball.

Randy Johnson as a 4rth starter + best lineup in baseball = another Joe Torre/Alex Rodriguez choke job come October.

I can't wait.
    LOL!!!!!!

I luv ya, IC .. I love when you Yankees haters get all riled up

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10

I can't wait.

neither can I ICWT10, neither can I.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Wang, Pettitte, Moose, Unit, Japanese Guy, Pavano, Phillip Hughes

Unit and Pavano are big injury concerns, but Phillip Hughes gives us a 5th Man even if both are hurt

You know what's funny? I was just thinking to myself, "What was the rotation last year? I remeber they had the option of a solid 5th man when they needed it..."

Then I remembered it was Cory Lidle. That's a shame. I think he still would have given us some options as far as the rotation goes.

Jets Insider VIP

Finally...

I wanted to slap the **** out of King George for letting Pettite go three years ago. I'm ecstatic to have him back.

By the way, IMO, the hell with Clemens. I wanted Pettite back, I don't give a damn about the Rocket Man.