Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airport removes Christmas trees because of Rabbi

Jets Insider VIP

Airport removes Christmas trees because of Rabbi

[QUOTE]All nine Christmas trees have been removed from the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport instead of adding a giant Jewish menorah to the holiday display as a rabbi had requested.

Maintenance workers boxed up the trees during the graveyard shift early Saturday, when airport bosses believed few people would notice.

"We decided to take the trees down because we didn't want to be exclusive," said airport spokeswoman Terri-Ann Betancourt. "We're trying to be thoughtful and respectful, and will review policies after the first of the year."

Rabbi Elazar Bogomilsky, who made his request weeks ago, said he was appalled by the decision. [B]He had hired a lawyer and threatened to sue if the Port of Seattle didn't add the menorah next to the trees, which had been festooned with red ribbons and bows. [/B]

"Everyone should have their spirit of the holiday. For many people the trees are the spirit of the holidays, and adding a menorah adds light to the season," said Bogomilsky, who works in Seattle at the regional headquarters for Chabad Lubavitch, a Jewish education foundation.

After consulting with lawyers, port staff believed that adding the menorah would have required adding symbols for other religions and cultures in the Northwest. The holidays are the busiest season at the airport, Betancourt said, and staff didn't have time to play cultural anthropologists.

Hanukkah begins this Friday at sundown.

"They've darkened the hall instead of turning the lights up," said Bogomilsky's lawyer, Harvey Grad. "There is a concern here that the Jewish community will be portrayed as the Grinch." [/QUOTE]

This Rabbi is one breath away from spending eternity in hell and he's worried about Christmas trees?? Are you kidding me? He better do some research on Jesus Christ the Messiah, repent and be saved. Rabbi Bogomilsky is doomed.

Do some research on X-mas trees.

Goes to show, the War on Christmas is far from over.
    Whats next? Take away the Easter Bunny?

[QUOTE=sackdance99]This Rabbi is one breath away from spending eternity in hell[/QUOTE]

Funny, so are you.

Hi, welcome back from under your rock.

The rabbi didn't make the airport take down the christmas trees. He just wanted to put up a menorah as well. If you want to blame anyone for taking the pagan winter solstice symbols down, blame the airport lawyers.

BTW, I can't begin to tell you how much sleep jews around the world aren't losing over your idiotic belief that we're going to be poked with ptchforks.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=doggin94it]BTW, I can't begin to tell you how much sleep jews around the world aren't losing over your idiotic belief that we're going to be poked with pitchforks.[/QUOTE]

Start thinking about it because when reality hits you are going to wish you trusted in Jesus the Messiah.

BTW, I had a 2 hour sit down with one of the co-founders of Jews For Jesus out of Brooklyn a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, that man broke it down perfectly. He went into the original writings, OT and so on. You wouldn't stand a chance with the mind trickery you use to convince yourself of lies.

This guy would shred you to pieces with his knowledge. You'd be on your knees repenting when you realized Jesus was absolutely 110% the Messiah beyond reproach. Just when you think your faith in Christ is rock solid this guy shows me things that just make it so much more. I wish I could set the two of you up in a debate just to see him embarrass you.

Now THAT would be funny, a Jew shredding another Jew about the Messiah. Priceless.

Mind tricks? "This is not the Messaiah you are looking for"?

Simple knowledge of the texts and tenets of my religion are not "mind tricks", sackless.

And he's free to sign in to Jets Insider any time he wants.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=doggin94it]Mind tricks? "This is not the Messaiah you are looking for"?

Simple knowledge of the texts and tenets of my religion are not "mind tricks", sackless.

And he's free to sign in to Jets Insider any time he wants.[/QUOTE]

I'm not joking when I say this: this guy would destroy you in a debate. You would literally crap your pants. I told him how you try to trick your mind into your beliefs and he is well aware of how religious Jews do that. FYI, he used ALL the original texts not the "oral translations" that belong in the trash. We went over everything, it was a blast. You are so doomed and blinded it's incredible. I can't believe you are actually going to hell. Dude, that is going to be so wierd.

[QUOTE=sackdance99]I'm not joking when I say this: this guy would destroy you in a debate. You would literally crap your pants. I told him how you try to trick your mind into your beliefs and he is well aware of how religious Jews do that. FYI, he used ALL the original texts not the "oral translations" that belong in the trash. We went over everything, it was a blast. You are so doomed and blinded it's incredible. I can't believe you are actually going to hell. Dude, that is going to be so wierd.[/QUOTE]

Dude, where's your brain?

Seriously, sackless, do you ever use that thing on top of your shoulders for anything other than attempting (and apparently failing) to lure females? "You are so doomed and blinded" - who writes this stuff for you? Whoever it is you need to fire them; you sound like something out of a B movie.

And "I can't believe you are actually going to hell"?? "Dude" - who do you think you're kidding? You are [b]all about [/b]believing that I'm "actually going to hell". What nobody around here understands about you, Bernie, is why you think any of us give a crap about what you think about what will happen to us after we die? I mean seriously, do you give a crap that some hindu somewhere thinks that with your karma you're coming back as a dung beetle? (which, come to think of it, would actually be a step [b]up[/b] for you) So why do you think any of us care any more about your insignificant opinions?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sackdance99]This Rabbi is one breath away from spending eternity in hell and he's worried about Christmas trees?? Are you kidding me? He better do some research on Jesus Christ the Messiah, repent and be saved. Rabbi Bogomilsky is doomed.[/QUOTE]

maybe he can hang out with John Ritter and Mr. Roper in hell....pretty pathetic on Seattle's part-

no reason they should not have put up a Menurah...then again if you put up a Menurah you should put up a Nativity scene (unless there was one under, near the tree...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=doggin94it]

BTW, I can't begin to tell you how much sleep jews around the world aren't losing over your idiotic belief that we're going to be poked with ptchforks.[/QUOTE]

:funnyguy: :funnyguy: :funnyguy:

here's sackdance on the right...

[IMG]http://www.londonstimes.us/toons/cartoons/richdiesslin_hells_pitchforks.gif[/IMG]

and he responds, "we need them for when Rabbi Bogomilsky and doggin94 arrive!"

btw: hope you did not get lost yesterday....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sackdance99]

BTW, I had a 2 hour sit down with one of the co-founders of Jews For Jesus .[/QUOTE]

how ironic...yesterday at the Jets game I was tailgating with a bunch of people who called themselves "Jews for the Jets!!"

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance99]I can't believe you are actually going to hell. Dude, that is going to be so weird.[/QUOTE]

God's representative...Mr. Sackdance99.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=doggin94it]Dude, where's your brain?

Seriously, sackless, do you ever use that thing on top of your shoulders for anything other than attempting (and apparently failing) to lure females? "You are so doomed and blinded" - who writes this stuff for you? Whoever it is you need to fire them; you sound like something out of a B movie.

And "I can't believe you are actually going to hell"?? "Dude" - who do you think you're kidding? You are [b]all about [/b]believing that I'm "actually going to hell". What nobody around here understands about you, Bernie, is why you think any of us give a crap about what you think about what will happen to us after we die? I mean seriously, do you give a crap that some hindu somewhere thinks that with your karma you're coming back as a dung beetle? (which, come to think of it, would actually be a step [b]up[/b] for you) So why do you think any of us care any more about your insignificant opinions?[/QUOTE]

Akiva, seriously you are done (unless of course you repent and trust Jesus before you die which is very unlikely but not impossible).

After what this guy Josh showed me I never realized how imcomplete the Jewish faith was. I mean, I always knew it was incomplete but I marvel at how you can dismiss such truths.

[QUOTE=sackdance99]Akiva, seriously you are done (unless of course you repent and trust Jesus before you die which is very unlikely but not impossible).

After what this guy Josh showed me I never realized how imcomplete the Jewish faith was. I mean, I always knew it was incomplete but I marvel at how you can dismiss such truths.[/QUOTE]

Bernie, seriously you are an idiot. I mean I always knew you were an idiot, but I marvel at how you are able to consistently reveal new depths to your idiocy.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=doggin94it]Bernie, seriously you are an idiot. I mean I always knew you were an idiot, but I marvel at how you are able to consistently reveal new depths to your idiocy.[/QUOTE]

This is not going to excuse you from hell. Josh said you are under greater condemnation because you had the truth and rejected it. This is from a former religious Jew who knew everything plus more than you do. How does he come to Christ?? What gives? Tradition is good for the hellbound. That's about it.

[IMG]http://alamoministries.com/content/english/Messiah_Book/images/messiahhdr.jpg[/IMG]

Oh, wait, [b]JOSH [/b]said that? You never mentioned that before. I mean if you had told me that Josh said that, that would have been different. If [b]JOSH[/b] said it, it must be true. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Wake me when you graduate from a class on rhetoric and logic; until then, I feel bad taking potshots at the mentally unarmed (though not bad enough to stop)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=doggin94it]Oh, wait, [b]JOSH [/b]said that? You never mentioned that before. I mean if you had told me that Josh said that, that would have been different. If [b]JOSH[/b] said it, it must be true. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Wake me when you graduate from a class on rhetoric and logic; until then, I feel bad taking potshots at the mentally unarmed (though not bad enough to stop)[/QUOTE]

ask him if Bo Schembechler is trying to quench his thirst from pools of fire...

[QUOTE=sackdance99]Tradition is good for the hellbound. That's about it.

[IMG]http://alamoministries.com/content/english/Messiah_Book/images/messiahhdr.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Then why are you whining about X-mas trees?

[QUOTE=sackdance99]Start thinking about it because when reality hits you are going to wish you trusted in Jesus the Messiah.

BTW, I had a 2 hour sit down with one of the co-founders of Jews For Jesus out of Brooklyn a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, that man broke it down perfectly. He went into the original writings, OT and so on. You wouldn't stand a chance with the mind trickery you use to convince yourself of lies.

This guy would shred you to pieces with his knowledge. You'd be on your knees repenting when you realized Jesus was absolutely 110% the Messiah beyond reproach. Just when you think your faith in Christ is rock solid this guy shows me things that just make it so much more. I wish I could set the two of you up in a debate just to see him embarrass you.

Now THAT would be funny, a Jew shredding another Jew about the Messiah. Priceless.[/QUOTE]

Do you think Jesus would talk trash in this type of tone?