Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: Jets Will Be 8-8 At BEST In 2007

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jets Will Be 8-8 At BEST In 2007

    No one wants to hear this, but it is really to our benefit to lose out and finish 3rd in the division from here on in. The 2007 schedule for your pleasure:

    HOME
    Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    Philadelphia
    Washington
    Denver*

    AWAY
    Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    Dallas
    NY Giants
    Jacksonville*

    Could anyone have a tougher road schedule? 6 of the 8 games against playoff teams, 3 of them division champions.

    If you look at the remaining games, finishing 3rd in the AFCE would mean we'd draw the Chiefs at home and the Titans on the road instead of the Broncos at home and the Jaguars on the road. The Sermonator Bowl at home would be a madhouse, and a trip back to Tennessee where we've already won is better than the House Of Pain where we've already lost.

    Lose out these next three meaningless weeks and instead of 8-8, we could be looking at 10-6 next season if we draw the easier, 3rd place schedule.

    Spare me the "the season's not over!" and "next year is a different year!" speeches; I was right this year, wasn't I?

    SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 12-11-2006 at 07:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow,

    That's brutal.

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    Wow,

    That's brutal.
    I'm sorry. Merry Christmas.

    SAR I

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    No one wants to hear this, but it is really to our benefit to lose out and finish 3rd in the division from here on in. The 2007 schedule for your pleasure:

    HOME
    Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    Philadelphia
    Washington
    Denver*

    AWAY
    Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    Dallas
    NY Giants
    Jacksonville*

    Could anyone have a tougher road schedule? 6 of the 8 games against playoff teams, 3 of them division champions.

    If you look at the remaining games, finishing 3rd in the AFCE would mean we'd draw the Chiefs at home and the Titans on the road instead of the Broncos at home and the Jaguars on the road. The Sermonator Bowl at home would be a madhouse, and a trip back to Tennessee where we've already won is better than the House Of Pain where we've already lost.

    Lose out these next three meaningless weeks and instead of 8-8, we could be looking at 10-6 next season if we draw the easier, 3rd place schedule.

    Spare me the "the season's not over!" and "next year is a different year!" speeches; I was right this year, wasn't I?

    SAR I
    With Chad Pennington at QB, vs. that schedule?

    I think you're being optimistic SAR.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll spare the speech but next year is next year. This year we have to try and win. We have two games that are probably toss ups comming up next. So you just might get your wish anyway.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's meaningless.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    I'm sorry. Merry Christmas.

    SAR I
    There you go again with your over-optimistic predictions for the Jets.

    This year you said they would finish 10-6 and win the AFCE.

    And next year, you really think they will finish 8-8.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    I'll spare the speech but next year is next year. This year we have to try and win. We have two games that are probably toss ups comming up next. So you just might get your wish anyway.
    Yes...let us get it back together and win 3 in a row.....then worry about next year.....do I think we will....no....do I think we can...YES ! so do it ! 10-6 go for it....! NOW F next year !

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,257
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    With Chad Pennington at QB, vs. that schedule?

    I think you're being optimistic SAR.
    With Pennington thats gonna be a 6-10 season for us, you can easily see it happening....2 years ago, after were were eliminated in the AFC divisional round vs Pitt, I looked at our schedule for 05 and (obviously I assumed a very healthy team) i said theres no way we win 8 games, I had us going 7-9 for last season. Obviously, the injuries derailed us, but that schedule was TOUGH, and without those injuries last year its still a bad season. I see the exact same thing for next year with that schedule.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    With Chad Pennington at QB, vs. that schedule?

    I think you're being optimistic SAR.
    Here you say this. In another thread you just finished calling Chad Pennington a "turnover machine."

    However, you want another team to trade us both their 4rth round pick and their 5th round pick in the upcoming draft for him.

    Where is the logic here?

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    No one wants to hear this, but it is really to our benefit to lose out and finish 3rd in the division from here on in. The 2007 schedule for your pleasure:

    HOME
    Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    Philadelphia
    Washington
    Denver*

    AWAY
    Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    Dallas
    NY Giants
    Jacksonville*

    Could anyone have a tougher road schedule? 6 of the 8 games against playoff teams, 3 of them division champions.

    If you look at the remaining games, finishing 3rd in the AFCE would mean we'd draw the Chiefs at home and the Titans on the road instead of the Broncos at home and the Jaguars on the road. The Sermonator Bowl at home would be a madhouse, and a trip back to Tennessee where we've already won is better than the House Of Pain where we've already lost.

    Lose out these next three meaningless weeks and instead of 8-8, we could be looking at 10-6 next season if we draw the easier, 3rd place schedule.

    Spare me the "the season's not over!" and "next year is a different year!" speeches; I was right this year, wasn't I?

    SAR I

    The Jets might have a better team next year. The success from this season could lure top-tier free agents. Plus Manigini will have a much better understanding of the team personnel and needs. That could help in player procurement, via free agency, the draft, or trades. All the coaches are rookies, so they will have more experience next year. It could be a good offseason, better than this year's.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    There you go again with your over-optimistic predictions for the Jets.

    This year you said they would finish 10-6 and win the AFCE.

    And next year, you really think they will finish 8-8.
    at least we dont have a pathetic quarterback who can't even throw for 100 yards in a game

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like
    8 and 8 and that's OK...................

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    ouch

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    There you go again with your over-optimistic predictions for the Jets.

    This year you said they would finish 10-6 and win the AFCE.

    And next year, you really think they will finish 8-8.
    Yes, because next year we don't have a cupcake schedule which is the only reason this year's Jets are near a winning record. Next season, the Patriots and Jets have the exact same home/away schedule too, so a big difference would be if we drew the Chiefs and Titans while the Pats draw the Colts and Chargers.

    SAR I

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    With Chad Pennington at QB, vs. that schedule?

    I think you're being optimistic SAR.
    bring on anthony wright!!

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    I was right this year, wasn't I?
    i'm sure at some point you were...

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    With Chad Pennington at QB, vs. that schedule?

    I think you're being optimistic SAR.
    Moga would be proud.

    SAR I

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esiason2Moore TD
    The Jets might have a better team next year. The success from this season could lure top-tier free agents. Plus Manigini will have a much better understanding of the team personnel and needs. That could help in player procurement, via free agency, the draft, or trades. All the coaches are rookies, so they will have more experience next year. It could be a good offseason, better than this year's.
    Agreed on all counts. We will be better next season. So will our opponents, unfortunately. A lot better.

    Give me KC and Tennessee instead of Denver and Jacksonville any day of the week. Especially since the Pats will have San Diego and Indy.

    SAR I

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired
    i'm sure at some point you were...
    A blind squirrel gets a nut now and then. Oh, and I'll be right about the Other Issue too. Just will take a few years, that's all.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us