Thread: Baker wants Israel excluded from regional conference

Baker wants Israel excluded from regional conference

“As Baker sees this, the conference would provide a unique opportunity for the United States to strike a deal without Jewish pressure,” an official said. “This has become the most hottest proposal examined by the foreign policy people over the last month.”

[url]http://www.insightmag.com/Media/MediaManager/Baker_1.htm[/url]

I don't think that this is a good idea at all. Baker is getting this idea from somewhere.

I don't think that you can attain "peace" in the MENA region without the people of Israel at the table. A lot of the MENA nations call them the reason for the strife.

A one sided decison will only keep this area of the world in chaos. Not everyone will be happy with the decisions as it is so why make it worse by leaving out one of the primary parties?

Do these guys get paid to think this isht up?

Dude you have to realize if Israel shows up most of the other Moslem states will not. Is that simple.

That will not achieve peace either. All must come to the table for there to be something meaningful gained here.

We as the USA should not exclude Israel. We should show leadership by inviting everyone that is going to give peace a chance

Baker is one of the most notorious Israel-haters in the U.S.

No surprises here.

Again did he get paid to think that?

"Secretary of State James Baker's infamous "**** the Jews" remark. In a private conversation with a colleague about Israel, Baker reportedly uttered the vulgarity, noting that Jews "didn't vote for us anyway."

[QUOTE=doggin94it]Baker is one of the most notorious Israel-haters in the U.S.

No surprises here.[/QUOTE]

Just a question...
    Does being an "Israel Hater" make you an anti-semite? Can you be one without being the other in your opinion?

[QUOTE=kennyo7]Just a question...
    Does being an "Israel Hater" make you an anti-semite? Can you be one without being the other in your opinion?[/QUOTE]

Certainly. Many people out there have problems with the way Israel handles their business. Probably about half of them have no problem with Jewish people.

For example, Bloomberg is one of my favorite politicians out there.

Does being an "Israel Hater" make you an anti-semite? Can you be one without being the other in your opinion?[/QUOTE]
    No. Yes. However most Israel Haters don't diffentiate between Jews and Israelis. Baker said F..k the Jews not F..k the Israelis.

Also you said Israel hater. Hate is a very strong word so if someone feels so strongly to hate Israel I would say they are more likely to be an anti-Semite.

Now if you just don't like Israeli positions politically that's a different story.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 12-12-2006 at 05:03 PM.

No. Yes. But many times the Israel hatred reveals a deeper issue.

[QUOTE=doggin94it]No. Yes. But many times the Israel hatred reveals a deeper issue.[/QUOTE]

This is simply your own unsupported speculation. maybe this stems from your own insecurity and fears?

Many Americans hated the Soviet Union in the 1980's does this mean they had a deeper issue against Russian people?

[QUOTE=kennyo7]This is simply your own unsupported speculation. maybe this stems from your own insecurity and fears?

Many Americans hated the Soviet Union in the 1980's does this mean they had a deeper issue against Russian people?[/QUOTE]

No. When Israel hatred is motivated by a desire to hold Israel to a standard HIGHER than any other nation in the world, that reveals latent antisemitism. Not the same standard, but a higher standard.

For example, compare the world's reaction to the deaths in Qana to the reaction to the death of 80 civillians in Afghanistan just a month or so later when a coalition bomb went off target.

[QUOTE=doggin94it]No. When Israel hatred is motivated by a desire to hold Israel to a standard HIGHER than any other nation in the world, that reveals latent antisemitism. Not the same standard, but a higher standard.

For example, compare the world's reaction to the deaths in Qana to the reaction to the death of 80 civillians in Afghanistan just a month or so later when a coalition bomb went off target.[/QUOTE]

So you are saying the media is latently anti-semitic?
    I think the coalition received much bad press.. in the international press.
    Another difference is the Israeli invasion of Lebanon was criticized by most of the world to begin with and this just added to what was already seen as excessive force against Lebanon.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]So you are saying the media is latently anti-semitic?
    I think the coalition received much bad press.. in the international press.
    Another difference is the Israeli invasion of Lebanon was criticized by most of the world to begin with and this just added to what was already seen as excessive force against Lebanon.[/QUOTE]

It's ALWAYS excessive force whenever Israel defends itself, to many in the western media. Much of the western media is ridiculously anti-Israel and, in my opinion, anti-semitic as well. The Europeans who are now ridiculously anti-Israel are the same ones who put the jews in ovens a couple of generations ago...forgive the jews if they don't much care about the subtle nuances between different types of bigotry towards them. "I don't hate jews, I simply hate everything they do."

The bottom line is that if we could all learn to be as peaceful and reserved as the President of Iran, the world would be a perfect place.