Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Isreal

Isreal

Why on earth is Isreal the only nation where we CAN'T admit that they have Nukes!

[QUOTE=bman]Why on earth is Isreal the only nation where we CAN'T admit that they have Nukes![/QUOTE]

this dropped into my inbox this AM:

[B][SIZE=2]Olmert hints at Israel's nukes[/SIZE[/B]]

[url]http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS/World/Rest_of_World/Olmert_hints_at_Israels_nukes/articleshow/793439.cms[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bman]Why on earth is Isreal the only nation where we CAN'T admit that they have Nukes![/QUOTE]

I always thought it was common knowledge that Israel had nukes.

Guess I haven't been paying attention... or has everyone else just missed it?

Because they get the same deterrent capability by saying "maybe" so why should they specify?

[QUOTE=doggin94it]Because they get the same deterrent capability by saying "maybe" so why should they specify?[/QUOTE]

For the same reason we expect Iran to be upfront and honest about their nuclear capabilities.

Or for that matter, why every other country has. Why should Israel be held to a different standard?

[QUOTE=kennyo7]For the same reason we expect Iran to be upfront and honest about their nuclear capabilities.

Or for that matter, why every other country has. Why should Israel be held to a different standard?[/QUOTE]

Because our government and the UN is quite two-faced and cares more about personal interests than what's ethical.

[QUOTE=kennyo7]For the same reason we expect Iran to be upfront and honest about their nuclear capabilities.

Or for that matter, why every other country has. Why should Israel be held to a different standard?[/QUOTE]

Well, for one thing, Israel hasn't openly threatened to use nuclear weapons offensively against another UN member country as soon as they get them.

If Iceland wants nuclear weapons, not many people will care. Iran? Big difference.

[QUOTE=doggin94it]Well, for one thing, Israel hasn't openly threatened to use nuclear weapons offensively against another UN member country as soon as they get them.

If Iceland wants nuclear weapons, not many people will care. Iran? Big difference.[/QUOTE]

So thats the new criteria?
    I mean the only nation to ever use a nuclear weapon never threatened anyone before they used it.

Israel could never openly threaten anyone cause they cant even admit to having one.

When did Iran actually threaten to use a nuclear weapon? I dont think they did. In fact they have said they have no interest in aquiring a nuclear weapon. Are you making this up?

Pakistan and India have come very close to using threatening words against one another, why havent we pushed for sanctions against them. Pakistan has never threatened to use nuclear weapons against us, but how comfortable are that they wont in the future, esp after Musharaf is eventually disposed.

[QUOTE=kennyo7]So thats the new criteria?
    I mean the only nation to ever use a nuclear weapon never threatened anyone before they used it.

Israel could never openly threaten anyone cause they cant even admit to having one.

When did Iran actually threaten to use a nuclear weapon? I dont think they did. In fact they have said they have no interest in aquiring a nuclear weapon. Are you making this up?

Pakistan and India have come very close to using threatening words against one another, why havent we pushed for sanctions against them. Pakistan has never threatened to use nuclear weapons against us, but how comfortable are that they wont in the future, esp after Musharaf is eventually disposed.[/QUOTE]

Iran has said repeatedly (and as recently as today) that their goal is to wipe Israel off the map.

I agree..Iran CANNOT have nukes..
    But I found out that the UN and much of the international community finds Isreal's occupation of parts of disputed land to be ILLEGAL...Under UN law, they therefore would be in violation of UN Law if they had WMD...So therefore, the US and Isreal never admit to it!!
    So, basically the US and Isreal make their own rules...

[QUOTE=doggin94it]Iran has said repeatedly (and as recently as today) that their goal is to wipe Israel off the map.[/QUOTE]
    No they did not. Read everything he said and stop making $hit up.

Ahmadinejad said: "The Zionist regime will be wiped out soon the same way the Soviet Union was, and humanity will achieve freedom."

Last time I checked there wasent any bloodshed, no nuclear weapons used against the soviets, no soviets killed to cause the fall of the Soviet Union. Ahmadinejad is talking about the fall of a government not the destruction/murder of a people. He is talking about the end of a philosophy, the end of the Zionist movement. Nowhere is it mentioned, nor implied that he is calling for the killing of the Israeli people. Again read his words, dont make things up. This is exactly what he said in a speach 1 year ago that the media ran away with saying he wants to kill all Israelis. Its absolutely maddening to hear a smart guy like yourself repeat such BS when it so clear as to what he is saying. Stop it! You are simply wrong. Your fanning the flames of hatred by making up inflammatory language that Ahmadinejad never used.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]No they did not. Read everything he said and stop making $hit up.

Ahmadinejad said: "The Zionist regime will be wiped out soon the same way the Soviet Union was, and humanity will achieve freedom."

Last time I checked there wasent any bloodshed, no nuclear weapons used against the soviets, no soviets killed to cause the fall of the Soviet Union. Ahmadinejad is talking about the fall of a government not the destruction/murder of a people. He is talking about the end of a philosophy, the end of the Zionist movement. Nowhere is it mentioned, nor implied that he is calling for the killing of the Israeli people. Again read his words, dont make things up. This is exactly what he said in a speach 1 year ago that the media ran away with saying he wants to kill all Israelis. Its absolutely maddening to hear a smart guy like yourself repeat such BS when it so clear as to what he is saying. Stop it! You are simply wrong. Your fanning the flames of hatred by making up inflammatory language that Ahmadinejad never used.[/QUOTE]

Is Juan Cole posting on our site now?!?

You're so right...what a great, loving, pro-israel, peaceful guy the Prez of Iran is. He had nothing but peace on his mind when he said, "I do not doubt that the new wave which has begun in our dear Palestine and which today we are also witnessing in the Islamic world is a wave of morality which has spread all over the Islamic world. Very soon, this stain of disgrace [i.e. Israel] will vanish from the center of the Islamic world - and this is attainable."

[url]http://memri.org[/url].

Yes Kenny, he's 100% A-OK with Israel remaining a jewish state...he just wants [I]his guy[/I] to win an election there. That's all the arabs have ever wanted and why they have been such darn good neighbors throughout Israel's entire existence. It's not the arabs' fault that there is violence in the ME...it's all the jews! The arabs are all about peace, especially Iran... I mean, Hezbollah is the most peaceful pro-Israel group ever created.

Iran said they have no interest in acquiring nukes! Awesome. Case closed!

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Is Juan Cole posting on our site now?!?

You're so right...what a great, loving, pro-israel, peaceful guy the Prez of Iran is. He had nothing but peace on his mind when he said, "I do not doubt that the new wave which has begun in our dear Palestine and which today we are also witnessing in the Islamic world is a wave of morality which has spread all over the Islamic world. Very soon, this stain of disgrace [i.e. Israel] will vanish from the center of the Islamic world - and this is attainable."

[url]http://memri.org[/url].

Yes Kenny, he's 100% A-OK with Israel remaining a jewish state...he just wants [I]his guy[/I] to win an election there. That's all the arabs have ever wanted and why they have been such darn good neighbors throughout Israel's entire existence. It's not the arabs' fault that there is violence in the ME...it's all the jews! The arabs are all about peace, especially Iran... I mean, Hezbollah is the most peaceful pro-Israel group ever created.

Iran said they have no interest in acquiring nukes! Awesome. Case closed![/QUOTE]

Another amazingly ignorant post from J5E. Just another one of you rants? I know the Arabs are just a bunch of hate mongers who want to live in perpetual war. They are all born-killers. Right? Israel is just a peace lovin' fair beacon of light shining on the ME. They are never at fault. They destroyed Lebanon just as a sign of love to the lebanese people. They bulldoze down innocent Palestinians' homes just because they want to give them a fresh new start. Random daily beatings at the hands of Israeli soldiers, Restricted movements in the W. Bank and other Palestinian territories, using firearms against rock throwing palestinian youth, assasinating elected Palestinian leaders simply cause Israel doesnt like them and conveniently labels them terrorist..... sure these are all signs of how much Israel loves and cares about the treatment of the Palestinians.Yes Israel is the Truth. We must agree with everything they do ! Thats Right!

And J5E, Juan Cole has more knowledge about the ME in his finger nail than you will ever amass over a thousand lifetimes
    Last edited by kennyo7; 12-12-2006 at 10:22 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kennyo7]No they did not. Read everything he said and stop making $hit up.

Last time I checked there wasent any bloodshed, no nuclear weapons used against the soviets, no soviets killed to cause the fall of the Soviet Union. Ahmadinejad is talking about the fall of a government not the destruction/murder of a people. He is talking about the end of a philosophy, the end of the Zionist movement. Nowhere is it mentioned, nor implied that he is calling for the killing of the Israeli people. Again read his words, dont make things up. This is exactly what he said in a speach 1 year ago that the media ran away with saying he wants to kill all Israelis. Its absolutely maddening to hear a smart guy like yourself repeat such BS when it so clear as to what he is saying. Stop it! You are simply wrong. Your fanning the flames of hatred by making up inflammatory language that Ahmadinejad never used.[/QUOTE]

you really are truly a pathetic piece of sh!t....

to sit their and try to pacify or justify what a sc^mbag terrorist said at a conference to deny the holocaust and to then accuse doggin of "fanning the flames of hatred" because he repeated what the terrorist stated proves what a lowlife piece of sh!t you are...

[QUOTE][B]Iran's president tells meeting of Holocaust deniers Israel will be 'wiped out'[/B]

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran's hardline president said Tuesday that Israel will be one day be "wiped out" just like the Soviet Union was, drawing applause from participants in a world conference casting doubt on the Nazi Holocaust during the Second World War .

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's comments were likely to further fuel the outcry sparked by his hosting of the two-day gathering, which has gathered some of Europe and the United States' most well-known Holocaust deniers.

Anger over the conference could have political fallout, further isolating Iran and prompting a harder line from the West, which is considering sanctions against Tehran in the standoff of its nuclear program.

But Ahmadinejad appeared to revel in his meeting Tuesday with the conference delegates, shaking hands with American delegates and sitting near six anti-Israeli Jewish participants, dressed in black ultra-Orthodox coats and hats.

[B]Ahmadinejad repeated predictions that Israel will be "wiped out," a phrase he first used in a speech in October, raising a firestorm of international criticism. [/B]

"The Zionist regime will be wiped out soon the same way the Soviet Union was, and humanity will achieve freedom," Ahmadinejad told the participants during Tuesday's meeting in his offices, according to the official IRNA news agency.

He said elections should be held among "Jews, Christians and Muslims so the population of Palestine can select their government and destiny for themselves in a democratic manner."

"By the grace of God, the arc of the Zionist regime's life has reversed and is heading downward. This is a divine promise and the public demand of all nations of the world," he said, bringing applause from the delegates.

Ahmadinejad has used anti-Israeli rhetoric and comments casting doubt on the Holocaust to rally anti-western supporters at home and abroad, particularly in Asia and the Middle East. Several times he has referred to the Holocaust as a "myth" used to impose the state of Israel on the Arab world.

Ahmadinejad announced that the conference had decided to set up a "fact-finding commission" determine whether the Holocaust happened or not. The commission will "help end a 60-year-old dispute," the president said.

He called on western governments "not to harrass members of this commission and allow them to carry out more research and make all issues transparent."

The Tehran conference was touted by participants and organizers as an exercise in academic free expression, a chance to openly consider whether six million Jews really died in the Holocaust far from laws in several European countries that ban questioning some details of the Nazi genocide during the Second World War .

It gathered 67 writers and researchers from 30 countries, most of whom argue that either the Holocaust did not happen or was vastly exaggerated. Many had been jailed or fined in France, Germany or Austria, which have criminalized Holocast denial.

Participants milled around a model of the Auschwitz concentration camp brought by one speaker, Australian Frederick Toben, who uses the mock-up in lectures contending that the camp was too small to kill mass numbers of Jews. More than one million people are estimated to have been killed there.

"This conference has an incredible impact on Holocaust studies all over the world," said American David Duke, a former Ku Klux Klan leader and former state representative in Louisiana.

"The Holocaust is the device used as the pillar of Zionist imperialism, Zionist aggression, Zionist terror and Zionist murder," Duke told The Associated Press.

Rabbi Moshe David Weiss, one of six members attending from the group Jews United Against Zionism, told delegates in his address, "We don't want to deny the killing of Jews in Second World War , but Zionists have given much higher figures for how many people were killed."

"They have used the Holocaust as a device to justify their oppression," he said. His group rejects the creation of Israel on the grounds that it violates Jewish religious law.

The semi-official news agency ISNA said that the fact-finding commission announced by the conference would be led by an Iranian and include members from France, Bahrain, Austria, Canada, the United States, Syria and Switzerland. It did not name the members but it appeared they would be drawn from the conference participants.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair said Tuesday that the conference was "shocking beyond belief" and called the conference "a symbol of sectarianism and hatred."

He said he saw little hope of engaging Iran in constructive action in the Middle East, saying, "I look around the region at the moment, and everything Iran is doing is negative."

In Washington, the White House condemned Iran for convening a conference it called "an affront to the entire civilized world."

Prime Minister Stephen Harper joined the chorus of world leaders condemning the conference.

"On behalf of the government of Canada, I want to condemn, in the strongest terms, this latest example of anti-Israeli and racist statements from the president of Iran," Harper said in a statement.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2006/12/12/2754331-ap.html[/url]
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-12-2006 at 10:26 PM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you really are truly a pathetic piece of sh!t....

to sit their and try to pacify or justify what a sc^mbag terrorist said at a conference to deny the holocaust proves what a lowlife piece of sh!t you are...

.................[/QUOTE]

No your the scumbag for changing topics again.
    I think its disgraceful for any state to sponser a conference to deny the holocaust. Especially if it is attended by a former Republican state representative and dozens of orthodox Jewish Rabbis.

Denying the holocaust is not only stupid/ignorant but a sign of extreme disrepect. However, it should NOT be illegal.

Hey CBNY, are you as angry about Turkey refusing to recognize its Genocide against the Armenians? America doesnt care about that . In fact we cont to reward Turkey by pushing there acceptance into the EU. Where is the outrage about that? (By the way i also dont think it should be illegal not to recognize Turkey's genocide against the Armenians, just stupid).

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]you really are truly a pathetic piece of sh!t....

to sit their and try to pacify or justify what a sc^mbag terrorist said at a conference to deny the holocaust and to then accuse doggin of "fanning the flames of hatred" because he repeated what the terrorist stated proves what a lowlife piece of sh!t you are...

[url]http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2006/12/12/2754331-ap.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Why dont you print Ahmedinejads actual statement and not some journalists interpretation after taking the words out of context.

wRONG. tHE iRANIAN LEADER HAS THREATENED TO WIPE iSRAEL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH ON MULTIPLE OCCASSIONS. dON;T TELL SOMEONE THEY ARE MAKING UP LIES JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE iRANIAN LEADER SAID.

Now I know why you have formed the opinions you have - ignorance. It's bliss.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kennyo7]No your the scumbag for changing topics again.
    I think its disgraceful for any state to sponser a conference to deny the holocaust. Especially if it is attended by a former Republican state representative and dozens of orthodox Jewish Rabbis.

Denying the holocaust is not only stupid/ignorant but a sign of extreme disrepect. However, it should NOT be illegal.

[/QUOTE]

but in your fuqin ignorance you try and justify what a terrorist said as a featured speaker at that conference which he had his country host to deny the holocaust- then accuse doggin of faning the the flames of hatred....

[QUOTE]Hey CBNY, are you as angry about Turkey refusing to recognize its Genocide against the Armenians? America doesnt care about that . In fact we cont to reward Turkey by pushing there acceptance into the EU. Where is the outrage about that? (By the way i also dont think it should be illegal not to recognize Turkey's genocide against the Armenians, just stupid[/QUOTE]

just another one of your pathetic comparisons (Baker vs Lieberman the last one) to try and justify your ignorant beliefs....

Quick examples of Iranian threats against Israel:

1) One of Iranís most influential ruling cleric called Friday on the Muslim states to use nuclear weapon against Israel, assuring them that while such an attack would annihilate Israel, it would cost them "damages only".

"If a day comes when the world of Islam is duly equipped with the arms Israel has in possession, the strategy of colonialism would face a stalemate because application of an atomic bomb would not leave any thing in Israel but the same thing would just produce damages in the Muslim world", Ayatollah Ali Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani told the crowd at the traditional Friday prayers in Tehran.

2) President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has in the past called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" and said on Friday it was on the way to being eliminated.

3) The House on Friday unanimously condemned the "outrageous and despicable threats" Iran's president made against Israel and reasserted the U.S. commitment to defending Israel's right to exist.

The House resolution, passed 383-0, demanded that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (search) repudiate his statement on Wednesday that "Israel should be wiped off the map."

The sense of the House, which is not legally binding, also urged the U.N. Security Council "and all civilized nations to condemn and reject these statements and to censure Iran for its statements and for its policies aimed at destroying Israel."

International Relations Committee Chairman Henry Hyde (search), R-Ill., said the Iranian leader's position was not shared by most Muslims or most Iranians. Iranians, he said in prepared remarks, have had enough of the intellectual, economic and spiritual poverty imposed on them by their leaders and "that poverty will only deepen as Iran finds itself isolated by the sort of rhetoric spouted by President Ahmadinejad."

THree quick examples I just pulled off Google.

[QUOTE=JCnflies]wRONG. tHE iRANIAN LEADER HAS THREATENED TO WIPE iSRAEL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH ON MULTIPLE OCCASSIONS. dON;T TELL SOMEONE THEY ARE MAKING UP LIES JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE iRANIAN LEADER SAID.

Now I know why you have formed the opinions you have - ignorance. It's bliss.[/QUOTE]

Show me the exact statemnts if hes done so on many occasions. And dont take them out of context. I want the whole friggin paragraph .

He never said he wanted to wipe out Israel. He was quoting an Ayatollah Khomeini speach in which he was talking about wiping out The REGIME (not the entire nation) in Israel the same way The Shah was wiped out of Iran. Big difference. But the pro-Israel media took part of this statement out of context and ran away with it. Get your facts straight before you make stupid accusations