Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Democratic House victory, and an interesting fact

Hall Of Fame

Another Democratic House victory, and an interesting fact

With Ciro's victory this week (overcoming Republican attempts to surpress hispanic turnout in this Texas district by scheduling the run-off on a holiday for mexican catholics), Democrats gain yet another seat in the US House for the 110th congress bringing their total to 233.

Something interesting you won't hear reported in the "liberal" MSM is that this progressive victory has created a majority greater than any Republicans have had since 1952. Yes larger than the so-called "republican revolution" in 1994 or any other Republican majority in > 50 years!

This is a great day for America and getting it back on track to lead the world with a winning progressive movement!

[QUOTE=Tanginius]This is a great day for America and getting it back on track to lead the world with a winning progressive movement![/QUOTE]

Ok. So what EXACTLY is this Brave new Congress going to DO?

Please, since you seem to be in the know, tell us NOW, before they do anything, exactly what actions, laws and such they will pass now that they have power.

I'm very interested in the specific of the "winning progressive movement" and what they will do to America. So tell us NOW (i.e. not after the fact, so you can spin it). Since you seem so happy, I can only assume you KNOW what they plan to do, and can tell an ignoramus like myself what they'll get done, and why it's good for me, and for America.

List me the top 10 things they WILL get done now that they have this large lead.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Ok. So what EXACTLY is this Brave new Congress going to DO?

Please, since you seem to be in the know, tell us NOW, before they do anything, exactly what actions, laws and such they will pass now that they have power.

I'm very interested in the specific of the "winning progressive movement" and what they will do to America. So tell us NOW (i.e. not after the fact, so you can spin it). Since you seem so happy, I can only assume you KNOW what they plan to do, and can tell an ignoramus like myself what they'll get done, and why it's good for me, and for America.

List me the top 10 things they WILL get done now that they have this large lead.[/QUOTE]

Getting this president to move on the issue of the war in Iraq is a good start. GWB is still dragging his feet on this effort. He is somewhat delusional in thinking that he can still "stay the course".

When the new congress kicks in (36-0 was the winning margin over the repubs) we shall see if Mr. Bush moves with much more haste than he does now.

The war is the number 1 issue. I or no one may be able to name 10 things, but taking care of this number 1 item goes along way to me.

Mr. Bush has now split the repubs on the war. This was a huge defeat for them (repubs). It has not sunk in to a lot of my republican friends yet. Those that it has sunk into really understand that they took the wrong side on this issue.

Those that don't or haven't to this point still want to hold on to yesterday like they still have all of this control to do nothing. Like I stated before if the dems get in and do nothing, they will also be out the door in the next election.

They clearly won because of the indy/progressive votes going mostly to the dems. The dems that ran on the progressive values won (Shuler, Casey, Brown). Those that ran on conservative values (Ford) lost. America has moved ahead now and we won't look back to the past except not to make the mistakes that this administration has done.

The dems are clearly on the progressive side as Carville and Emanuel tried to do a few things to move the dems to the center. No dice baby. We are not going to pave the way for Hillary to win.

She will have to win by earning the progressive vote.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Getting this president to move on the issue of the war in Iraq is a good start. GWB is still dragging his feet on this effort. He is somewhat delusional in thinking that he can still "stay the course".

When the new congress kicks in (36-0 was the winning margin over the repubs) we shall see if Mr. Bush moves with much more haste than he does now.

The war is the number 1 issue. I or no one may be able to name 10 things, but taking care of this number 1 item goes along way to me.[/quote]

This is VERY general-speak. What do you mean, specificly, by "move on"? What do you mean specificly by "take care of the War"?

Generalities won't help anyone. I am seeking specifics as to what they are going to DO.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Mr. Bush has now split the repubs on the war. This was a huge defeat for them (repubs). It has not sunk in to a lot of my republican friends yet. Those that it has sunk into really understand that they took the wrong side on this issue.......[/quote]

The completeness of teh Dem victory is not at question here in any form. This is irrelevant to the question I posed.

If you cannot even give me ONE specific that the Dems will do to make my life better, you're not exactly inspiring my confidence.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Getting this president to move on the issue of the war in Iraq is a good start. GWB is still dragging his feet on this effort. He is somewhat delusional in thinking that he can still "stay the course".

The war is the number 1 issue. I or no one may be able to name 10 things, but taking care of this number 1 item goes along way to me.

Mr. Bush has now split the repubs on the war. This was a huge defeat for them (repubs). It has not sunk in to a lot of my republican friends yet. Those that it has sunk into really understand that they took the wrong side on this issue.

Those that don't or haven't to this point still want to hold on to yesterday like they still have all of this control to do nothing. Like I stated before if the dems get in and do nothing, they will also be out the door in the next election.

They clearly won because of the indy/progressive votes going mostly to the dems. The dems that ran on the progressive values won (Shuler, Casey, Brown). Those that ran on conservative values (Ford) lost. America has moved ahead now and we won't look back to the past except not to make the mistakes that this administration has done.

[B]The dems are clearly on the progressive side as Carville and Emanuel tried to do a few things to move the dems to the center. No dice baby. We are not going to pave the way for Hillary to win.[/B]

She will have to win by earning the progressive vote.[/QUOTE]

yes...Mr. Ford ran on conservative values....

Mr. Ford was a snake oil salesman, who, like yourself, would no admit what he really was...

[IMG]http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20061107/2006_11_07t145306_375x450_us_usa_elections.jpg[/IMG]

plus you gotta love the way liberals are running away from that word as fast as they possibly can and now consider themselves progressives....

what's the catch phrase gonna be tomorrow?? wahabi's? appeasers?? capitulators???
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-13-2006 at 09:54 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]what's the catch phrase gonna be tomorrow?? wahabi's? appeasers?? capitulators???[/QUOTE]

Catchphrases are republican territory...STAY OFF!

[QUOTE=Warfish]Ok. So what EXACTLY is this Brave new Congress going to DO?[/QUOTE]

Warfish you talk alot of smack - did you not realize that the outgoing 109th congress was possibly the worst in American history? The "do nothing congress" sat for a week longer than this group. They passed appropriations for only 2 of the country's 11 major depts (defense and homeland security). No budgets were passed. The majority of the federal government limps along on spending bills, but don't worry Terry Schiavo issue was debated heavily -

and you have the gall to attack the next congress before it starts?

Do some research my friend, this new congress cannot possibly be worse than the last one. It's historically impossible to be that incompetant and corrupt.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]yes...Mr. Ford ran on conservative values....

Mr. Ford was a snake oil salesman, who, like yourself, would no admit what he really was...

[IMG]http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20061107/2006_11_07t145306_375x450_us_usa_elections.jpg[/IMG]

plus you gotta love the way liberals are running away from that word as fast as they possibly can and now consider themselves progressives....

what's the catch phrase gonna be tomorrow?? wahabi's? appeasers?? capitulators???[/QUOTE]

I again state that I am an Independent. What is not clear about that? Does that mean I am pro abortion? Gimme a break....

Those folks that run away from the progressives will find out that they will not be elected. Netroots rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Technology rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=bitonti]Warfish you talk alot of smack - did you not realize that the outgoing 109th congress was possibly the worst in American history? The "do nothing congress" sat for a week longer than this group. They passed appropriations for only 2 of the country's 11 major depts (defense and homeland security). No budgets were passed. The majority of the federal government limps along on spending bills, but don't worry Terry Schiavo issue was debated heavily -

and you have the gall to attack the next congress before it starts?

Do some research my friend, this new congress cannot possibly be worse than the last one. It's historically impossible to be that incompetant and corrupt.[/QUOTE]

One question....where do you see me speak a single word of defense for the inaction of the 109th?

Following a failure does not give one a mandate to be an equal failure, or an excuse if they're only "half teh failure" of the predecessor. The subject of this thread is NOT the 109th. It's the 110th, and what they wll do.

Please, try to stay on topic next time Bit (and for the record, I was 100% against the right/republicans on Terry Shaivo...try to remember who you're talking to next time too, thanks).

As an America, I would like to know what the brave new progressive congress is going to do to make my life better, and safer. Why is that such a bad "smack talking" question? And worse......why can't anyone actually just answer it?

I keep hearing the progressive feel they have a mandate due to their massive victory.......if they do, it should be easy to tell me rather quickly WHAT that mandate is, and how that will make my life better. Right?
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-14-2006 at 11:13 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I again state that I am an Independent. What is not clear about that? Does that mean I am pro abortion? Gimme a break....

Those folks that run away from the progressives will find out that they will not be elected. Netroots rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Technology rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

sure...and you comment emboldened above about what "we're not gonna pave the way for hillary" proves such....what a complete joke..

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]sure...and you comment emboldened above about what "we're not gonna pave the way for hillary" proves such....what a complete joke..[/QUOTE]

I am a progressive thinker. If Hillary does not prove herself correctly to the progressive/indy movement she won't win that vote.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I am a progressive thinker. If Hillary does not prove herself correctly to the progressive/indy movement she won't win that vote.[/QUOTE]

the majority of independents are "progressives"?? like I said- a complete joke...

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I am a progressive thinker. If Hillary does not prove herself correctly to the progressive/indy movement she won't win that vote.[/QUOTE]

Please define. What are the "Progressive" Positions on the issues of today? Are there any that disagree with Liberal Democrats?

And Dawgg....I'm still waiting for someone to answer my questions. It's not that hard really, is it? To tell me now (before it starts) what the Progressive COngress's mandate IS, and what they will DO?

Hall Of Fame

What do you mean by "progressive thinker?"

And Heath Shuler was pro-gun ownership rights, anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage. Are you calling that progressive? He's fiscally liberal and socially conservative.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Please define. What are the "Progressive" Positions on the issues of today? Are there any that disagree with Liberal Democrats?

And Dawgg....I'm still waiting for someone to answer my questions. It's not that hard really, is it? To tell me now (before it starts) what the Progressive COngress's mandate IS, and what they will DO?[/QUOTE]

Right now the Progressive Positions are in synch with the liberal democrats when it comes to the war. The war is the major issue of the day.

the Progressive Congress has been mandated to end this war in Iraq. They have been voted in by the American people (a majority of them) to get us out of Iraq in a responsible way. If they fail to do so, they will get voted out and a new congress will be elected to do the same. Red Or Blue!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=jets5ever]What do you mean by "progressive thinker?"

And Heath Shuler was pro-gun ownership rights, anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage. Are you calling that progressive? He's fiscally liberal and socially conservative.[/QUOTE]
    You make an excellent point. Party labels do not define the candidate. There were many Democrats recently elected that can be defined as Conservative. They will not vote with the liberal wing of the party, but whatever moderate Republicans that are left might.

A party especially one that does not hold the Presidency does not speak with one voice.

One nice thing though and this is impt. is that one of the first items of agenda for the new Congress will be a moratorium on earmarks. This should help to reduce spending something that the Republicans were supposed to be known for.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Right now the Progressive Positions are in synch with the liberal democrats when it comes to the war. The war is the major issue of the day.

the Progressive Congress has been mandated to end this war in Iraq. They have been voted in by the American people (a majority of them) to get us out of Iraq in a responsible way. If they fail to do so, they will get voted out and a new congress will be elected to do the same. Red Or Blue!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

In other words, you can't define "Progressive Thinker", so you'll fall back on "Hell No, We Won't Go...Bush Lied and People Died.....No War for Oil".

Gotcha Mr. Independant. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=jets5ever]What do you mean by "progressive thinker?"

And Heath Shuler was pro-gun ownership rights, anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage. Are you calling that progressive? He's fiscally liberal and socially conservative.[/QUOTE]

Heath Shuler's competitor the long time congressman in Western Carolina Charlie Taylor (both Skin's names) was trying to tie Shuler to the liberals in his commercials.

In E Tn and W Carolina's the commercials played during the football games so I saw them often. Shuler is against the war and got the vote because of it.

He is progressive as he did not want to "stay the course". Heath had the major issue under his belt regardless of what else he may think. And his election ot the seat proved it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Heath Shuler's competitor the long time congressman in Western Carolina Charlie Taylor (both Skin's names) was trying to tie Shuler to the liberals in his commercials.

In E Tn and W Carolina's the commercials played during the football games so I saw them often. Shuler is against the war and got the vote because of it.

He is progressive as he did not want to "stay the course". Heath had the major issue under his belt regardless of what else he may think. And his election ot the seat proved it.[/QUOTE]

You don't seem to understand what I am getting at....

[QUOTE=jets5ever]You don't seem to understand what I am getting at....[/QUOTE]

Hey you may be right, sometimes it is difficult to get things across in text format. Please continue with your message. Thanks