Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow

Wow

Wouldn't it be nice if Dem's and Republicans just sat down and figured what is right for America instead of pointing fingers. But NO the finger pointing will go on and nothing will be done! We don't need the terrorists to destroy America the politicians are doing it for us. What a bunch of mindless idiots!

I feel your pain :D :D :D

But seriously, it drives me nuts. I'm a staunch conservative with many liberal friends. On many issues like the death penalty, education and health care, we can reach a reasonable, cooperative consensus. Our solutions might not be perfect, but they are workable. You would think idealogues of similar sentiment would be able to do likewise.................

I think there are two or three big reasons they can not.

(1) Both parties are in the pocket of the lobbyists and special interest groups. The money from them gets the pol's elected. the pol's "owe" the interest group, not only for he past help, but future assurances. What makes this really unworkable is that the special interest often represents opposite sides. Alternative fuels should have been researched decades ago, but the battles in and of environmentalists and big oil effectively limit both sides.

(2) Hunger for power. I have not seen the Republicans out of power for a while, so they probably have a similar playbook that I haven't really seen. That said, the frequency with which I see the Democrats putting their thirst for power above unifying the country at a perilous time sickens me. And while I feel (at least the Consevative) republicans own the moral high ground, I'm pretty sure they would be similarly disruptive and more interested in reganing power than anything else.

(3) Pandering to the base. I am as guilty as anyone on this. if Bush had not put Alito and Roberts on the bench, I would have withdrawn all support for both Bush and any Republicans. Likewise, if Idiot Ted Kennedy doesn't behave as he would, or Chuck schumer or Hillary, they don;t appeal to their base.

I'd like to see our leaders work out most things coooperatively and silence the partisan rhetoric and just vote on the other issues. At least that would show some cooperation, respect for eachother and differences of opinion.

And I doubt it will ever happen :steamin:

Also these folks dont see themselves as americans first they are looking out for certain interest groups within their own state and just dont see the big picture!

[QUOTE=MnJetFan]Also these folks dont see themselves as americans first they are looking out for certain interest groups within their own state and just dont see the big picture![/QUOTE]

In a word it is called CORPRATOCRACY!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JCnflies](2) Hunger for power. I have not seen the Republicans out of power for a while, so they probably have a similar playbook that I haven't really seen. That said, the frequency with which I see the Democrats putting their thirst for power above unifying the country at a perilous time sickens me. And while I feel (at least the Consevative) republicans own the moral high ground, I'm pretty sure they would be similarly disruptive and more interested in reganing power than anything else. [/QUOTE]

Holy-head-in-the-sand batman!

Everything the Republicans have done over the past decade in regards to holding onto power at all costs, and you think it's the Democrats who do it?!?

Let me remind you of just a few Republican power grabbing tactics recently:

1) Mid-decade re-districting of House districts
    2) Allowing a child predator to stay in office and convincing him to run for re-election
    3) Not allowing Democratic amendments to bills to reach floor for votes
    4) Not allowing Democratic Senators and/or Representatives into Conference meetings when Senate and House bills do not match and require negotiation to bring bills together
    5) Threatening to take away the time honored tradition of filibustering in the Senate
    6) Reversal on the use of so-called "blue slips" to stop judical nominations from their own state. GOP used them extensively during Clinton years, but Orin Hatch decided once GOP was in power that Democrats should not have the same power of withholding said "blue slip" for that nominee
    7) The un-American and un-Patriotic but evilishly named P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act
    8) Emporer Shrub's expansive use of signing statements claiming the Executive branch need not follow whatever law he was signing into power
    9) Emporer Shrub's dictatorish expansion of Executive branch power, and general contempt of the Legislative branch

should I go on?

Well somehow I missed the biggie... STEALING AN ELECTION (see Coup d'etat of 2000) and then governing like you somehow got a mandate, even though you stole an election!
    Last edited by King Ryan; 12-14-2006 at 04:32 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]Holy-head-in-the-sand batman!

Everything the Republicans have done over the past decade in regards to holding onto power at all costs, and you think it's the Democrats who do it?!?

2) Allowing a child predator to stay in office and convincing him to run for re-election
    4) Not allowing Democratic Senators and/or Representatives into Conference meetings when Senate and House bills do not match and require negotiation to bring bills together
    5) Threatening to take away the time honored tradition of filibustering in the Senate
    6) Reversal on the use of so-called "blue slips" to stop judical nominations from their own state. GOP used them extensively during Clinton years, but Orin Hatch decided once GOP was in power that Democrats should not have the same power of withholding said "blue slip" for that nominee
    8) Emporer Shrub's expansive use of signing statements claiming the Executive branch need not follow whatever law he was signing into power
    9) Emporer Shrub's dictatorish expansion of Executive branch power, and general contempt of the Legislative branch

should I go on?[/QUOTE]

holy hypocrisies.....this as opposed to the hypcorites on the left who...

1) claimed Hussien was a threat...claimed Hussien had WMD for a decade...voted for the war in Iraq...then claimed "Bush lied" for no other reason than political gain....

2) have compared our volunteer military guards at Gitmo to the Nazis, the Soviet gulag and Pol Pot for no other reason than political gain....

3) claimed our soliders "terrorized Iraqi women and children" for no other reason than political gain....

4) conitually infer that America's volunteer Army is nothing more than a bunch of stupid, dead end, high school drop outs despite the factual numbers, for no other reason than political gain...

5) b!tch the President is not doing enough to keep the country safe then fight to confer rights on terrorists...for no other reason than political gain...

6) whine like children about the need for dissent yet cry like infants about "mean-spirited" citizens who turn the tables to dissent against them...

7) point the finger of racism at others yet refer to a former KKK member the "conscience of the party"...

8) debate and threaten to fillabuster nominees yet expect radical leftists such as Ruth Ginsburg to pass through hearings based on Presidential privilage...

9) dismiss the will of the electorate and rely on nine unelected, unaccountable individuals to get their agenda through...

10) cry about the erosion of civil liberties yet have senior dim members of the senate send a threatening letter to a network demanding they pull a mini-series off the air because they disagree with the content....

11) cry like children that the current adiministrations uses fear as a tool....yet for the past fifty years have used fear as a staple of their platforms scaring the poor, sick and old that they will lose entitlement programs if Republicans are elected...

12) cry like children when they lose that the election was stolen....until they finally win then everything in that election was hunky-dory...sort of like the fan who always blames the refs for his teams loss...

13) allowing a sex offender who had sex with an underage male page to stay in the party and continue to run, and win, election after election...

should I go on??

----------

both sides are guilty but the current hypocrisy by liberals is worse then contemptable....

their pure hatered for George Bush has set the political system in this country back light years...they don't lead by ideas or alternatives rather choose defeatism and negativsm...

but to answer the question of this post- yes it would be nice but probably won't happen until people such as Joe Lieberman and the likes become the fore-front of the democratic party...as long as the lunatics who presently control the party are still in charge it won't happen....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-14-2006 at 04:52 PM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]holy hypocrisies.....this as opposed to the hypcorites on the left who...

1) claimed Hussien was a threat...claimed Hussien had WMD for a decade...voted for the war in Iraq...then claimed "Bush lied" for no other reason than political gain....

2) have compared our volunteer military guards at Gitmo to the Nazis, the Soviet gulag and Pol Pot for no other reason than political gain....

3) claimed our soliders "terrorized Iraqi women and children" for no other reason than political gain....

4) conitually infer that America's volunteer Army is nothing more than a bunch of stupid, dead end, high school drop outs despite the factual numbers, for no other reason than political gain...

5) b!tch the President is not doing enough to keep the country safe then fight to confer rights on terrorists...for no other reason than political gain...

6) whine like children about the need for dissent yet cry like infants about "mean-spirited" citizens who turn the tables to dissent against them...

7) point the finger of racism at others yet refer to a former KKK member the "conscience of the party"...

8) debate and threaten to fillabuster nominees yet expect radical leftists such as Ruth Ginsburg to pass through hearings based on Presidential privilage...

9) dismiss the will of the electorate and rely on nine unelected, unaccountable individuals to get their agenda through...

10) cry about the erosion of civil liberties yet have senior dim members of the senate send a threatening letter to a network demanding they pull a mini-series off the air because they disagree with the content....

11) cry like children that the current adiministrations uses fear as a tool....yet for the past fifty years have used fear as a staple of their platforms scaring the poor, sick and old that they will lose entitlement programs if Republicans are elected...

12) cry like children when they lose that the election was stolen....until they finally win then everything in that election was hunky-dory...sort of like the fan who always blames the refs for his teams loss...

13) allowing a sex offender who had sex with an underage male page to stay in the party and continue to run, and win, election after election...

should I go on??

----------

both sides are guilty but the current hypocrisy by liberals is worse then contemptable....

their pure hatered for George Bush has set the political system in this country back light years...they don't lead by ideas or alternatives rather choose defeatism and negativsm...

but to answer the question of this post- yes it would be nice but probably won't happen until people such as Joe Lieberman and the likes become the fore-front of the democratic party...as long as the lunatics who presently control the party are still in charge it won't happen....[/QUOTE]

Like I said before, if they don't change, we will change them at the next election.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]holy hypocrisies.....this as opposed to the hypcorites on the left who...

should I go on??

----------

but to answer the question of this post- yes it would be nice but probably won't happen until people such as Joe Lieberman and the likes become the fore-front of the democratic party...as long as the lunatics who presently control the party are still in charge it won't happen....[/QUOTE]

You must've missed the point of my reply to someone's post about power consolidation and expansion, since none of your items really apply. I understand your need to try and switch the debate or spin it to something about hypocrisy after I clearly refuted the post about Democrats being those who hunger for power consolidation and expansion when it is very obvious to anyone that that is GOP territory... but really, start a new damn thread instead of trying a Faux News spin or switching of topics!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]You must've missed the point of my reply to someone's post about power consolidation and expansion, since none of your items really apply. I understand your need to try and switch the debate or spin it to something about hypocrisy after I clearly refuted the post about Democrats being those who hunger for power consolidation and expansion when it is very obvious to anyone that that is GOP territory... but really, start a new damn thread instead of trying a Faux News spin or switching of topics![/QUOTE]

I got your point very well...in fact everything I've stated apply the dims attempts to get their power back through their hypocritical actions- as it was well detailed.... and while this was going on all along they threw good people like Lieberman under the bus...

no reason to start a new thread- these are just the realities of today's liberal party you never heard Err America radio tell you nor heard it on keith olbermann in between the WNBA scores.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-14-2006 at 05:15 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]I got your point very well...in fact everything I've stated apply the dims attempts to get their power back through their hypocritical actions- as it was well detailed.... and while this was going on all along they threw good people like Lieberman under the bus...

no reason to start a new thread- these are just the realities of today's liberal party you never heard Err America radio tell you nor heard it on keith olbermann in between the WNBA scores.....[/QUOTE]

Please show me which items on your list resulted in the Democrats increasing their power, because I can't find a single one... whereas my list only includes items which resulted in more power for the GOP

Hall Of Fame
    Also, perhaps I should point out that I am NOT a Democrat. I have voted for exactly 3 democrats for federal office (Gore - Pres, Corzine - Senate, Lautenberg - Senate). I typically vote Libertarian or Green (NEVER NADER THOUGH), and vote mixed Dem or GOP for lesser offices (unless real choices exist)...

I personally can't stand either wing of the Repubocrat or Demolican party (whatever you want to call it), although I will admit I find the more "liberal" wing of said party ever-so-slightly more palatable

("Liberal" is in quotes because anywhere else in the world, Democrats would be considered center-right or centrist, and you would be laughed at if you called them liberal)

Banned
    How can Republicans do what is right for America,, all they are concerned about is helping the wealthy

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]Please show me which items on your list resulted in the Democrats increasing their power, because I can't find a single one... whereas my list only includes items which resulted in more power for the GOP[/QUOTE]

such a classic and expected answer...

so #'s 2 from you & #5 from me are not parallel?? or 9 and 9?? or 5 & 9???
    and so on and so on???

best jump back on those olbermann forums..

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]such a classic and expected answer...

so #'s 2 from you & #5 from me are not parallel?? or 9 and 9?? or 5 & 9???
    and so on and so on???

best jump back on those olbermann forums..[/QUOTE]

None of those seem parallel or equal to me...

btw wtf is olbermann? I think it's some "news" show, but I could be totally wrong because I don't really watch anything the MSM and it's corporate controled propoganda they are trying to shove down the sheep's (read: American people's) throat... like Brad & Angelina, or Paris Hilton and something about underwear, or the headline I saw on fauxnews.com about "Lindsey Lohan not having a drink in 7 days" as if that is even newsworthy enough to put at the bottom of the "entertainment/TV" section

[QUOTE=MnJetFan]Wouldn't it be nice if Dem's and Republicans just sat down and figured what is right for America instead of pointing fingers. But NO the finger pointing will go on and nothing will be done! We don't need the terrorists to destroy America the politicians are doing it for us. What a bunch of mindless idiots![/QUOTE]

It would be nice..Unfortunately, nice doesn't sell.. War does..conflict does, and extremism does.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tanginius]btw wtf is olbermann?[/QUOTE]

Olbermann is a MSNBC News show host. He is slanted to the left. Kinda the opposite of Hannity and Bill O'rally. But just a tad less moronic, still pretty lame although. He got a lotta love for his old bosses (Fox News), and its pretty funny to watch him rag on them...if you don't happen to like the media arm of the right wingers...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan]Olbermann is a MSNBC News show host. He is slanted to the left. Kinda the opposite of Hannity and Bill O'rally. But just a tad less moronic, still pretty lame although. He got a lotta love for his old bosses (Fox News), and its pretty funny to watch him rag on them...if you don't happen to like the media arm of the right wingers...[/QUOTE]

KO is rapidly becoming my favorite MSM guy. I started watching his show by accident in Feb 06. I just dug the way he told the stories. They seemed a bit to the left and then they got more left.

His journalistic style (Murrow) is refreshing also. Been awhile since someone had left wing views and positioners in the media. Particularly at the prime time hours.

His show has surpassed Bill O's show at times. His ratings are now so good GE the parent company of MSNBC/NBC was the first to call Iraq a civil war.

They show KO some respect. His show comes on at 8 PM and again at Midnight on MSNBC

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]KO is rapidly becoming my favorite MSM guy. I started watching his show by accident in Feb 06. I just dug the way he told the stories. They seemed a bit to the left and then they got more left.

His journalistic style (Murrow) is refreshing also. Been awhile since someone had left wing views and positioners in the media. Particularly at the prime time hours.

His show has surpassed Bill O's show at times. His ratings are now so good GE the parent company of MSNBC/NBC was the first to call Iraq a civil war.

They show KO some respect. His show comes on at 8 PM and again at Midnight on MSNBC[/QUOTE]

You do realize CBTNY and Weeb are going to be all over for this post, right? ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]KO is rapidly becoming my favorite MSM guy. I started watching his show by accident in Feb 06. I just dug the way he told the stories. They seemed a bit to the left and then they got more left.

They show KO some respect. His show comes on at 8 PM and again at Midnight on MSNBC[/QUOTE]

where do you come up with this sh!t????

provide me with one link to back up your claim:

[QUOTE]His show has surpassed Bill O's show at times. [/QUOTE]

and I'll provide five to show Olbermann is not with 1.5 million viewers of O'Rielly on a nightly basis....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-15-2006 at 10:22 AM.

[QUOTE=Tanginius]Holy-head-in-the-sand batman!

should I go on?

Well somehow I missed the biggie... STEALING AN ELECTION (see Coup d'etat of 2000) and then governing like you somehow got a mandate, even though you stole an election![/QUOTE]

I don;t have much time, but it seems much of what you listed are bills passed by the party in power (NCLB - with Ted Kennedy, partiot Act (Sorry, Green party is close to liberal and most Americans are Ok with many or most parts of he Patriot Act - also done jointly. Sex Offenders, especcially those who enacted their writings, are just as or more common on the left - starting wit the former President who went after a young intern/coed, blocking a party's legislation is quid pro quo for the way, and acting within our legale system................ I wouldn;t classify them as about retaining power as much the spoils of voctory.) but your point about redistrictying is right on and great! I don;t know about the blue slips............ I'll try to learn about them.

What I mean about putting the quest for power above what is best for the country is this............ typical negative, insulting derogatory comments by Pelosi , Rangel, et al. You know they even know that to be so because when Hugo Chavez said the same things he Democrats did, they lambasted him for it. criticize all yuo want, but have some sense of truth about it. At a time of war, you don;t conveniently forget everyone knew about he WMD and then scream to the high hills that Bush lied to the people.......... not when the Dems voted the same way. You don't rewrite the Senate rules to block judges that are qualified witha filibuster. You don't feign "tolerance" or claim that judicial idealogues are ill suited to te bench and then say that if a justice would vote to revisit Roe v Wade, you would vote against them. The Senate simply votes on is the candidate qualified - not is he going to further our cause. I am reasonable sure Clinton would put up a pro - choice candidate. If the Republicans (of which I am not - I am a Conservayive) said a candidate was not qualified because he or she consider Roe v Wade untouchable, the furor in the MSM would be a cacophony!

another general example - and I think we can all agree that at least in many ways. Bush has proven not up to the tasks at hand - at least i admire this about Bush. he says what he believes and he follows up on it. democrtas, on the other hand and perfectged by the Clinton Clan of arkansas, will govern by the polls. To them, whatever secires the most votes is what they will go for - not what they believe in.

It's kind of ironic......... I don;t call myself a republican because I detest the marraige of the Republican party to big businesses........... but I hate the marraige of Democrats to the Godless even more. What I would love to see is party that supports business AND social concerns (especially the environment), sticks to its principles and behaves witha consistent sense of decorum. More so than Republicans, Dems don;t have decorum, have no backbone and respect. But that said, I have some hope for hte new class of Dems that were just elected. they are more moderate, faith based and could very well earn my vote........... I would have voted for some southern democrats like Zell Miller - back when they used to exist. maybe they are coming back.