Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could belichick lose next week on purpose

Could belichick lose next week on purpose

do you think it is possible for the pats to lose against the jags so we miss the playoffs? I doubt it but, he does have a easy game vs the titans in week 17. what do you guys think...im sure he would want to stick it to mangini

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

This crossed my mind too, but I don't think there's a way in hell that a coach of his caliber would even entertain such a thought just for a vendetta against an old friend. Especially since a fumble or two the following week could end his season.

SAR I

DUMP - if you believe that, I have a beautiful bridge to sell you...

Quote Originally Posted by steelerjetfan
    do you think it is possible for the pats to lose against the jags so we miss the playoffs? I doubt it but, he does have a easy game vs the titans in week 17. what do you guys think...im sure he would want to stick it to mangini
    This thread wins. The worst thread of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    This crossed my mind too, but I don't think there's a way in hell that a coach of his caliber would even entertain such a thought just for a vendetta against an old friend. Especially since a fumble or two the following week could end his season.

SAR I
    If this crossed your mind Sar, you should be banned again.

Tennessee is no easy win, buddy.

sorry to burst your bubble but the titans haven't exactly been pushovers the past month and a half. while they haven't always looked good doing it, they do have a five game winning streak and barely lost the game before that.

i don't think belicheck doesn't know that.

Veteran
    ummm....are you a ****ing idiot. do you think bill belliceck of all people would lose a game on purpose??NO. head coaches wont lose on purpose if it means they get a franchise QB for the first pick of the upcoming draft. what an idiotic question

All League
    He would be biting his nose off to spite his face...

His team needs momentum and his players firing on all cylinders heading into the playoffs. The Pats may lose the game but it sure as hell won't be intentional.

Newsflash to the conspiracy nuts out there...the world does not revolve around the Jets...BB has enough problems to deal with.

Jets Insider VIP
    Belichick wants to win more than anything. He and Mangini are good friends off the field as well. I don't think this has any credibility at all.

All League
    Bill B has more to gain in the post season by winning this game.

it was just something that crossed my mind....nobody else besides sar and i thought of this...i find that hard to believe

That is just as likely as Billick throwing the game against the Steelers to help out his old DC Marvin Lewis

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerjetfan

if he does that, and we beat miami, he's putting himself in a position where if they lose to tenn,, and we beat oak, we win the division, and the pats don't even make the playoffs, so I doubt he would do that

I'm not a huge conspiracy theoriest, but don't put it past old Bill up there. He really does screw the Jets alot, and if he loses whether or not it's on purpose or not, that's to debate. Let's put it this way, if he loses we can debate it and I've just thrown my hat in that ring that perhaps he does. If he win, then if the Jets take care of business we're going to the playoffs!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Belichick wants to win more than anything. He and Mangini are good friends off the field as well. I don't think this has any credibility at all.
    Good friends off the field? Really?

Belichek WILL NOT intentionally blow this game BECAUSE his team has a chance to clinch the division with a win.

There is no way he puts his team in a position to lose the division out of spite for his old assistant. If he did that and they dont make it he should be fired. Plus the Patsies can use whatever momentum they can get. IMO, they would be more worried about playing Denver and Jacksonville than the Jets in the playoffs. If the Pats have their choice their best matchups are probably the Bengals and Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    The Titans are far from an easy win... that is why I will not be totally upset if the Jaguars kick the Patsies' ass on Sunday. Nothing would please me more than to see them lose to Vince Young and the Titans in the last week of the season as we win at home to get into the playoffs. WOW!

the problem is, a lot of casual fans i guess like to think of the NFL and other sports as soap operas. this is probably in large part due to the media attention given to stupid ****, such as the "manning bowl" to start off the season and about 4234234253535352 billion other snipettes/stories/halftime interviews, etc.

so casual fans see a lot of storylines and look for the soap opera aspect of everything. "the chance of the jets controlling their own destiny being only impeded by a JAX loss and NE HAPPENS to play them? well WHAT IF NE PURPOSELY loses??? then mary would tell her boyfriend dave that she's pregnant with john's baby, and there would be even more drama...ooooooh boy, can't wait!"