Post Thanks / Like

ISO:Jetdawgg

Merry Christmas!
    [url]http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=1153[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bill parcells]From:Jet Moses
    Merry Christmas!
    [url]http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=1153[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the drop. They want us to think
    that slavery just "happened" to Africans and that we were not victims for 225+ years.

Just as today it is always the few who make the most money off of anything. I really don't see a lot to this argument. Reparations are due. Africans were victims of brutal state sponsored law.

Like I said before, it is a very complex issue and I don't know what the outcome will be. I only know that we will get reparations at some point. I may not be here, (my guess is that it will happen in 2060's).

The constant theme I see from the posters here is that we are not do anything for 225 years worth of free labor. Am I correct in thinking that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bill parcells]From:Jet Moses
    Merry Christmas!
    [url]http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=1153[/url][/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.zmag.org/hutch10.htm[/url]

Merry Christmas to you too!!!! :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Thanks for the drop. They want us to think
    that slavery just "happened" to Africans and that we were not victims for 225+ years.

Just as today it is always the few who make the most money off of anything. I really don't see a lot to this argument. Reparations are due. Africans were victims of brutal state sponsored law.

Like I said before, it is a very complex issue and I don't know what the outcome will be. I only know that we will get reparations at some point. I may not be here, (my guess is that it will happen in 2060's).

The constant theme I see from the posters here is that we are not do anything for 225 years worth of free labor. Am I correct in thinking that?[/QUOTE]
    Jetdawgg, the premise of your entire argument is silly. Any joker can arbitrarily find a group of people who historically were “oppressed” “brutalized” “disenfranchised” etc and claim some dubious association.

From the time the Spanish landed in St Augustine Florida, sometime in the 1500’s, until the last slave ship pulled into New Orleans around 1806, statistics bear out an estimated number of no more than 1 million African slaves were brought into the continental United States. In 2006, there are what, 39 million black people?

So riddle me this, Jetdawgg, how does a group of people who are “oppressed” “brutalized” and “disenfranchised”, thrive and multiply? How did they go from approximately 3 million in 1865, to 39 million in 2006, if they have been so brutalized and oppressed?

And while your not answering that question, here’s another one:

Why do you think Brazilian slave descendents aren’t getting in on the reparations racket? They were slaves until 1890.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The constant theme I see from the posters here is that we are not do anything for 225 years worth of free labor. Am I correct in thinking that?[/QUOTE]

Newsflash - you were never a slave. No one owes you sh*t.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bill parcells]Jetdawgg, the premise of your entire argument is silly. Any joker can arbitrarily find a group of people who historically were “oppressed” “brutalized” “disenfranchised” etc and claim some dubious association.

From the time the Spanish landed in St Augustine Florida, sometime in the 1500’s, until the last slave ship pulled into New Orleans around 1806, statistics bear out an estimated number of no more than 1 million African slaves were brought into the continental United States. In 2006, there are what, 39 million black people?

[B]So riddle me this, Jetdawgg, how does a group of people who are “oppressed” “brutalized” and “disenfranchised”, thrive and multiply? How did they go from approximately 3 million in 1865, to 39 million in 2006, if they have been so brutalized and oppressed?[/B]
    And while your not answering that question, here’s another one:

[B]Why do you think Brazilian slave descendents aren’t getting in on the reparations racket? They were slaves until 1890.[/[/B]QUOTE]

The argument is not "silly". The argument against it is. I am not there with the other people who were enslaved. I am here in the USA. So deal with that.

What about the millions of African who died across the "Middle Passage"? They don't count I see.

Africans in America are strong and we are survivors.

I am confident that once America pays whatever the reparations will be, things around the globe will change also. Brazil has the largest African population in the Western hemi.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]
    I am confident that once America pays whatever the reparations will be, things around the globe will change also. Brazil has the largest African population in the Western hemi.[/QUOTE]

here's a good idea hatched from Canada's resolution to quebec after they wanted to succeed from the nation...

let's add up all the reparations that people like Jetdawgg feel they deserve...

from that amount we will then subtract every single cent from every single entitlement program (welfare, medicaid) that those who feel they deserve reparations have received...since this is based on family history the receipt of entitlements will also be based on family history...

after all is said and done whoever owes the money must write a check at the end of the day....

sounds fair to me!! :yes: :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]here's a good idea hatched from Canada's resolution to quebec after they wanted to succeed from the nation...

from that amount we will then subtract every single cent from every single entitlement program (welfare, medicaid) that those who feel they deserve reparations have received...since this is based on family history the receipt of entitlements will also be based on family history...

after all is said and done whoever owes the money must write a check at the end of the day....

sounds fair to me!! :yes: :yes:[/QUOTE]

Please bring your [COLOR=Red][B]BRAIN [/B] [/COLOR] to the table. The other side of you shows too much!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jetdawgg,

If you are of African decent, how do you feel about the atrocities taking place in Africa now. What are you doing to help distant relatives of people who were left behind in Africa who are suffering now?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel]Jetdawgg,

If you are of African decent, how do you feel about the atrocities taking place in Africa now. What are you doing to help distant relatives of people who were left behind in Africa who are suffering now?[/QUOTE]

First of all, I don't feel that they were "left behind". We were ripped out and stolen from that continent.

Two of my partners are out of the continent of Africa. We are working to do some things in the very near future to improve the quality of life in several of the nations over there.

I cannot discuss details in this forum. Please be considerate of that. These initiatives however, will provide jobs, education and training for the people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]Newsflash - you were never a slave. No one owes you sh*t.[/QUOTE]

Bingo

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]First of all, I don't feel that they were "left behind". We were ripped out and stolen from that continent.

Two of my partners are out of the continent of Africa. We are working to do some things in the very near future to improve the quality of life in several of the nations over there.

I cannot discuss details in this forum. Please be considerate of that. These initiatives however, will provide jobs, education and training for the people.[/QUOTE]

The slaves weren't [I]stolen[/I] from Africa, OTHER BLACK people sold them to Americans. They captured them in Africa and sold them to whites. Why aren't you hitting their descendants up for cash? You know, the black people who sold your ancestors as slaves?

And please don't use "we" since you have never been a slave and weren't ripped out of anywhere. My ancestors in Ireland were oppressed by the British, but I don't expect the Brits to write me a check because of that. That is because the Brits never did anything to me personally and don't owe me anything. Just like no one has ever done anything to you and thus, no one owes you anything. Get over yourself.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few questions on Reparations:

Throughout history, atrocities (including slavery, but also including much worse, like torture, rape, mass destruction and murder) have occured repeatedly, over and over again, in every age, and at almost every time in history and on almost every square inch of the Earth. Yet the only "Reparations" ever discussed are that for Slavery in the United Stated.

Why is that? Should the argument not be either than reparations are due to every beaten, subjucated, or conquered people from the dawn of time OR that "winner take all" is indeed a human law of warfare and social truth (up till now at least) and that while horrably reprehensable, the presant cannot and should not be held accountable for crimes of the long dead past?

How, logicly, can some middle ground be argued, that only ONE single individiual population is deserving of repayment for the atrocities they suffered, but that no other people is as deserving?

For example, was Slavery more "Wrong" that the fate of Christians in the mouths of Lions? Was it worse than the treatment of Scotts and Irtish at teh hands of the English? The fate of Muslims at the hands of the Crusaders (and vice versa)? Or the fate of the Jews under the Nazi's?

How can we deem one of these (And the hundreds and thousands of other historcal examples) and deem that only American Slavery is worthy of repayment?

Dawgg, you say this is a complicated issue, and it truly is. But I would be very interested to hear your answer to this basic philosophical question.

In other words, convince me Dawgg.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jetdawgg, I got your back:

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1591931#post1591931[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg][url]http://www.zmag.org/hutch10.htm[/url]

Merry Christmas to you too!!!! :yes:[/QUOTE]
    Thank you!!
    [QUOTE][B]The central claims of the reparations' camp - is that blacks alive today still suffer significant damage from a system of slavery that was ended 135 years ago, and from the regime of segregation that was brought to a close 35 years ago, and that other Americans should pay them compensation.

The existence of millions of very successful, middle-class African Americans refutes the idea that the deprivations of the black underclass are, in fact, caused by any historical forces like slavery and segregation.

Some blacks - the majority -- are indeed living better than ever. But others - inner city blacks in particular -- are worse off. Those who are living better show that history, even a history of suffering, is not necessarily an obstacle to success. Those who are worse off, are suffering the effects of bad social policies (welfare), drugs and other urban ills that have nothing to do with slavery or segregation.

Instead Hutchinson invokes a "poll" by the National Conference for Community and Justice that finds that "blacks are still overwhelmingly the victims of racial discrimination." What is this supposed to mean? Who was polled? What evidence was provided that most blacks are discriminated against? If most blacks are discriminated against, and most carry with them the legacy of slavery and discrimination, how come some black communities are economically thriving while others are not?

-Horowitz Rebuttal (edited)[/B][/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]
    I am confident that once America pays whatever the reparations will be, things around the globe will change also. Brazil has the largest African population in the Western hemi.[/QUOTE]

here's a good idea hatched from Canada's resolution to quebec after they wanted to succeed from the nation...

sounds fair to me!! :yes: :yes:

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Please bring your [COLOR=Red][B]BRAIN [/B] [/COLOR] to the table. The other side of you shows too much!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

it's called progressive thinking!!! even a dipsh!t like you could appreciate the theory!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

[b]You[/b] are due absolutely nothing, because it wasn't [b]your[/b] labor. Even if it was [b]your[/b] labor, you would be due absolutely nothing from people who did not have any part in taking it for free. You would be due payment [b]from the person who witheld it from you[/b].

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]The argument is not "silly". The argument against it is. I am not there with the other people who were enslaved. I am here in the USA. So deal with that.[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, Jetdawgg - "silly" only begins to describe money for nothing. When reparations are paid in America, should African countries be sued for selling their own people down the river?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]Sorry, Jetdawgg - "silly" only begins to describe money for nothing. When reparations are paid in America, should African countries be sued for selling their own people down the river?[/QUOTE]

You are missing the point. The American gov't sponsored the slavery. The American businessmen got something for nothing for at least 225 years.

The African nations are not a part of this argument. This is an American issue.
    At least this part of it any way.

The author is also conveniently unaware of the Willie Lynch effects of the US' brand of slavery which is really what we African Americans need healing from

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]You are missing the point.[/QUOTE]
    No. You're missing the point. What about Indians? What about indentured servitude? What about someone's great-great grandfather who was promised compensation from the government, say $150 for a team of horses, but got stiffed? What about immigrant rights from 100 years ago? What about wrongful death suits from building the railroads? Slavery was cruel and sad, but reparations is horse****. Perhaps the reparations movement would be better served by finding out more about the continuity of slavery practice in NE Africa [I]today[/I]. Arabs raiding sub-Saharan African villages for slaves, I believe this is still accepted there.