Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: ISO:Jetdawgg

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel]I have been reading about the slave trade business and the Port of Charleston. Mostly everything I read repeated the same thing. Kings in Africa traded their people for goods. The traders tried to take advantage of the Kings and the Kings tried to take advantage of the traders. Were some people abducted? Yes, some.
    On reparations- Some of what is being asked for is acknowledgment that a wrong was done. Some type of memorial in Washington like the Holocaust memorial. Of course money and "needs based programs". Kind of like affirmative action and then some. A lot of give away stuff and then the clincher. Create a "New Africa". Cut out of chunk of the United States and make it basically a new Africa. So, what I learned today is, one more way to get my heart rate up and how this reparations concept is absolutely flawed. Sorry Dawgg.[/QUOTE]

How about a fair hearing on this topic before you pass judgement?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]How about a fair hearing on this topic before you pass judgement?[/QUOTE]

Do you support the "New Africa" idea Dawgg?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]How about a fair hearing on this topic before you pass judgement?[/QUOTE]

What type of hearings would you like?
    I think it is safe to say that fair minded people can agree that slaves suffered an injustice. I would never disagree with that statement. Do I have compassion and sympathy for all that was imposed upon those poor people? Yes I do. The problem is not in acknowledging a wrong was done. But that wrong was righted. To believe that you are still being wronged because of slavery and need to be compensated or your distant dead relative was wronged and you need to be compensated is a stretch the imagination.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel]What type of hearings would you like?
    I think it is safe to say that fair minded people can agree that slaves suffered an injustice. I would never disagree with that statement. Do I have compassion and sympathy for all that was imposed upon those poor people? Yes I do. The problem is not in acknowledging a wrong was done. [B]But that wrong was righted[/B]. To believe that you are still being wronged because of slavery and need to be compensated or your distant dead relative was wronged and you need to be compensated is a stretch the imagination.[/QUOTE]

By whom, When and how?
    [COLOR=Blue][I]
    [B]"The practice of discernment is part of higher consciousness. Discernment is not just a step up from judgement. In life's curriculum, it is the opposite of judgement. Through judgement a man reveals what he needs to confront and learn. Through discernment, one reveals what he has mastered." -- Quote from 'Love Without End' by Glenda Green[/B][/I][/COLOR]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]By whom, When and how?
    [COLOR=Blue][I]
    [B]"The practice of discernment is part of higher consciousness. Discernment is not just a step up from judgement. In life's curriculum, it is the opposite of judgement. Through judgement a man reveals what he needs to confront and learn. Through discernment, one reveals what he has mastered." -- Quote from 'Love Without End' by Glenda Green[/B][/I][/COLOR][/QUOTE

Whom- Abraham Lincoln= The Emancipation Proclamation and then by The Thirteenth Amendment. Also by the men who fought and died in the war.
    When- Around 1865
    How- Emancipation Proclamation= executive order.
    Thirteenth Amendment=ratified by Congress.
    The Civil War