Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ISO:Jetdawgg

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]225 years of free labor mandated by the US gov't. What do you think we should get?

The status quo is not acceptable.[/QUOTE]

status quo??

and again- whatever YOU should get should have the amount of free entitlements received through government mandated giveaway projects such as welfare, medicaid, section 8 housing, scholarships to minorities for being minorities, etc, subtracted....

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Those points are well noted. The point you are missing is that enslaved Africans were stolen from their land and brought here to work for free.[/QUOTE]
    Errr..how were they stolen??they were sold by fellow Africans..

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]status quo??

and again- whatever YOU should get should have the amount of free entitlements received through government mandated giveaway projects such as welfare, medicaid, section 8 housing, scholarships to minorities for being minorities, etc, subtracted....[/QUOTE]

Who knows, maybe that will be part of the end process.....

[QUOTE=bill parcells]Errr..how were they stolen??they were sold by fellow Africans..[/QUOTE]

Even in the story "Roots" Kunte Kinte was trapped by the slavers and stolen from Africa. True some slavers did obtain African people from other Africans

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Who knows, maybe that will be part of the end process.....[/QUOTE]

funny thing- the more one thinks about it the more one realizes reparations have been handed out by the billions of $$ over the past 50-years through zillions of programs such as the one's i've mentioned and others like affirmative action and more government mandated entitlement programs ......
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-22-2006 at 05:23 PM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]funny thing- the more one thinks about it the more one realizes reparations have been handed out by the billions of $$ over the past 50-years through zillions of programs such as the one's i've mentioned and others like affirmative action and more government mandated entitlement programs ......[/QUOTE]

The effectiveness of those programs and the satisfaction of them are what is at question

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]That is the point altogher. The US gov't sponsored slavery allowing the US business to prosper exponentially off the backs of African Americans.

We are due something (I am not sure if it will be tax breaks, tax credits, monies...) for 225 years of a gov't sponsored handout program for businesses[/QUOTE]
    Well, then I'm due something, too. I'm American and African-Americans are my people. I'll take part tax break, a little tax credit, and some cash please...thanks.

Absurd.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]The effectiveness of those programs and the satisfaction of them are what is at question[/QUOTE]

the people taking the handouts seem to have no problem with them....if you don't like the food at a resaurtant why keep eating there??

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bill parcells]I'll make a deal with you. We'll cut you a check, but then you have to go back to Africa. Forever. I think that's fair.[/QUOTE]

that's not nice....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]the people taking the handouts seem to have no problem with them....if you don't like the food at a resaurtant why keep eating there??[/QUOTE]

The American busineses have had a much larger handout program than the people of America and for considerably longer.

Why is there no mention of that? XOM and other oil companies have prospered more than any person or group of people over the past few years.

Also, it appears to me that you think only African Americans get handouts. Well that is nothing but a myth....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]The American busineses have had a much larger handout program than the people of America and for considerably longer.

Why is there no mention of that? XOM and other oil companies have prospered more than any person or group of people over the past few years.[/QUOTE]

businesses are a productive arm of American society- they create jobs, taxes and offer benefits- people accepting welfare generation after generation do none of the above...

[QUOTE]Also, it appears to me that you think only African Americans get handouts. Well that is nothing but a myth....[/QUOTE]

wrong as usual-

I realize they are not the only ones getting handouts- yet as far as I know they are the only ones who've received billions of $$$ in handouts/reparations for more than a half-century but are asking for yet more reparations....a portion of them anyway- the majority realize how ridiculous this is and how it would set them back...

if trailer park tom who was white and lived for generation-after-generation on a cocktail of welfare, medicaid, section eight payments, etc and was screaming for reparations because his family was forcibly removed from whatever and came here working for next to nothing (the latter a common scenario of legal immigrants) I'd say the same to him and his ilk....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]The American busineses have had a much larger handout program than the people of America and for considerably longer.

Why is there no mention of that? XOM and other oil companies have prospered more than any person or group of people over the past few years.

Also, it appears to me that you think only African Americans get handouts. Well that is nothing but a myth....[/QUOTE]

Businesses like XOM earn their money, it is not handed to them. Even at their height right now, XOM has had profit margins of about 11%, not very spectacular compared to many other industries. They make the most profit in absolute dollars, but their margins are not more than about 11% and they spend hundreds of billions of dollars in operating costs. Oil is a risky, historically volatile asset class whose margins are not very impressive. Hell, the government makes more of a profit from the sale of a gallon of gasoline than XOM does, yet the government doesn't take any risk and their profit margin is much higher and does not fluctuate widly like the price of a barrel of crude does.

It's a good thing XOM is profitable, otherwise it'd be far more expensive for all of us to fill up our gas tanks or heat our homes. It costs money to drill for oil and extract, transport and refine oil. Hundreds of billions of dollars. So XOM makes, say, $110 billion in revenue that they spend $100 billion generating. And that $100 billion in operating costs could be $150 billion next year if the price of crude goes up, like it has been, so those profits protect them against that uncertainty and make up for the many years in which they have not been as profitable. Where's the scandal here? And people only see the "$10 billion in profit!!" in the headlines and act as if XOM doesn't need to make this kind of money to keep their operations afloat and assume that their costs will stay the same over time, which isn't the case at all...I mean, a barrel of crude has gone from what $25 to over 75$ in under a market cycle? Did people not expect t pay higher prices for gas...did people think XOM's would make more money, escpecially since Americans don't seem to restrict theyr purchases of oil very much when gas even goes up $1 or $1.5? XOM makes profits and thus they can keep supplying us with oil. Americans obviously like driving cars, so it's win-win...we get gas for our cars and they get profits. Why on EARTH would anyone desrcibe XOM's profits as a handout on par with welfare?? That literally makes no sense at all. People talk about gouging and other ignorant things and have literally no concept of basic economics, finance, resource allocstion snf long term capital budgeting.

Do you think gas magically appears at the gas station each morning? Do you think you have some God-given right to cheap gas and that other people should have to find it, extract it, refine it, ship it and supply it to you even if there is no money in that industry?

Do their CEOs make a ton of money? You bet they do. They've earned it! Adn even if the CEO forfeited his entire salary, the price we pay at the pump wouldn't even go doen by half a penny. That's the scale we are dealing with here and people don't understand that.

And you said earlier about whether or not people getting handouts are satisfied with welfare? I mean, are you KIDDING me? Welfare is free money for doing absolutely nothing and that money us taken from people who do get off their a$$es and work for a living and take risks and who make the lives of people around them better by providing goods and services they need. XOM makes [I]your [/I] life better because they provide a product you want. Should they do so for free, just to make you happy? And you compare them to some deadbeat on welfare? Put that sh*t on toast.
    Last edited by jets5ever; 12-24-2006 at 08:50 AM.

It is perfectly fine for a new CEO to make millions of dollars and his first act is to cut thousands of jobs? It seems in todays corporate culture one person is in fact more important than the whole company itself.

Then when a CEO fails they are not simply let go and told to collect unemployment, no they recieve a ton of cash and stock to walk away.

Yea, they really earn that too.

[QUOTE=jets5ever]
    Do their CEOs make a ton of money? [B]You bet they do. [/B] They've earned it! Adn even if the CEO forfeited his entire salary, the price we pay at the pump wouldn't even go doen by half a penny. That's the scale we are dealing with here and people don't understand that.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726]It is perfectly fine for a new CEO to make millions of dollars and his first act is to cut thousands of jobs? It seems in todays corporate culture one person is in fact more important than the whole company itself.

Then when a CEO fails they are not simply let go and told to collect unemployment, no they recieve a ton of cash and stock to walk away.

Yea, they really earn that too.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Has it ever ocurred to you that cutting jobs is necessary?

Has it occurred to you that a CEO shouldn't be getting paid millions if the company is in that much trouble?

[QUOTE=jets5ever]What are you talking about? Has it ever ocurred to you that cutting jobs is necessary?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I can't say that I am not suffering any effects from slavery, however I am better equipped to handle and manage the racial problems that I face.

The compensation part is not a personal thing. I may not be here when compensation is delivered. I don't think that I would be compensated if I were to get a favorable ruling today.

I have learned how to benefit from the system at hand. I hope that this anwsers your question.[/QUOTE]

What effects of slavery are you suffering?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726]Has it occurred to you that a CEO shouldn't be getting paid millions if the company is in that much trouble?[/QUOTE]
    Really, so the way out of trouble is to provide little incentive for any truly talented CEO to work for you? You have to attract and retain top-tier talent. A good CEO will say 'Later' and bolt to a firm that will pay him what he's worth. The market has set their value, just like the market has set Chad Pennington's value or Manny Ramirez' value.

Are you honestly trying to compare real life to the NFL payroll?

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Really, so the way out of trouble is to provide little incentive for any truly talented CEO to work for you? You have to attract and retain top-tier talent. A good CEO will say 'Later' and bolt to a firm that will pay him what he's worth. The market has set their value, just like the market has set Chad Pennington's value or Manny Ramirez' value.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726]Has it occurred to you that a CEO shouldn't be getting paid millions if the company is in that much trouble?[/QUOTE]

A CEO should make whatever his employment contract SAYS he should make, just like every other employee in America.

When was the last time YOU gave back some of your hard earned salary to your employer because some thing didn't go well, or sales were down, or some such? Likely never I feel safe to assume, as it should be.

CEO is a JOB, just every other job. If you are hired at XXX per year, why should you give it back? Work =/= Charity.

As with all things, our freedoms in America mean YOU can start your very own company, and do things differently if you wish, and see if your "New Way" can compete in the open marketplace. See if you can get better CEO, better employees, etc. Nothing stands in your way.

And frankly, I wonder what you think the "answer" is to this? Govt. mandated Salary Levels? Smeels a little too much like COmmunism to me, but please, tell me what you think the answer is.
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-26-2006 at 01:40 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]First of all, I don't feel that they were "left behind". We were ripped out and stolen from that continent.

Two of my partners are out of the continent of Africa. We are working to do some things in the very near future to improve the quality of life in several of the nations over there.

I cannot discuss details in this forum. Please be considerate of that. These initiatives however, will provide jobs, education and training for the people.[/QUOTE]

"We" as in you that was born in the United States?

Nothing against you personally, but did you ever think that this constant *****ing and moaning about "the white man" holding "the black man" down is what is CAUSING the racism we see today?

Blacks are not being shipped across the sea for profit anymore. What happened centuries ago was wrong, a misinterpretation of the bible (as usual) so someone can try and justify what they want to do instead of them being changed by the bible.

But this constant compaining about everytime someone doestn't get something and that it is racially motivated has led people like myself, who marched in protests, boycotted companies and led rallies all against civil rights violations and racism, to rethink what the movement is about now.

Racism is a card that is played WAY too many times by people who don't have the willpower to continue on when they face challenges in life. Someone doesn't get the job, money, better life-its racism.

When I was on my baseball tour years ago, I walked past a group of black guys who asked me for some spare change. I looked them in the eye and said "sorry guys, I don't have any money to spare right now." As I passed, what do I hear: F++kin racist!!!! Because I won't give some black guys a quarter, I'm a racist....gimme a break.

When it is legitimate, racism should not be tolerated. However, when the card is being played when a situation doesn't go your way, that is equally as wrong, and should not be tolerated.