Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: victory in Iraq

victory in Iraq

at what point does George Bush realize that wanting to win isn't the same as being able to win? at what point does someone crack open a history book to remind this man about Vietnam?

if you aren't winning and you aren't losing, what are you doing exactly?

George W Bush - worst President ever
    Last edited by bitonti; 12-20-2006 at 03:35 PM.

[QUOTE=bitonti]at what point does George Bush realize that wanting to win isn't the same as being able to win? at what point does someone crack open a history book to remind this man about Vietnam?

if you aren't winning and you aren't losing, what are you doing exactly?

George W Bush - worst President ever[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that the new "Progressive" Congress would force new and more intelligent action on that front. That was what they claimed during the election, almost accross the board.

Has something changed? Why would we not expect some kind of drastic changes come January?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I was under the impression that the new "Progressive" Congress would force new and more intelligent action on that front. That was what they claimed during the election, almost accross the board.

Has something changed? Why would we not expect some kind of drastic changes come January?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you were paying very much attention to what the Democrats were saying... because they made it very clear that while they want dramatic changes, they are completely unable to create or force and changes in our policy over there with the exception of cutting off the funding for the war effort (which would never happen)

[QUOTE=Tanginius]while they want dramatic changes, they are completely unable to create or force and changes in our policy over there with the exception of cutting off the funding for the war effort (which would never happen)[/QUOTE]

Why not? If ending the War is the right thing to do.....then why not cut the funding and end the War IF Bush gives them no other option?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Why not? If ending the War is the right thing to do.....then why not cut the funding and end the War IF Bush gives them no other option?[/QUOTE]

2 words, political suicide

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]I don't think you were paying very much attention to what the Democrats were saying... because they made it very clear that while they want dramatic changes, they are completely unable to create or force and changes in our policy over there with the exception of cutting off the funding for the war effort (which would never happen)[/QUOTE]

why not? their presidential candidate from '04 voted to cut funding....

Banned
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Why not? If ending the War is the right thing to do.....then why not cut the funding and end the War IF Bush gives them no other option?[/QUOTE]
    It's political suicide to cut off funding.(you know that)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]why not? their presidential candidate from '04 voted to cut funding....[/QUOTE]

that a-hole has done a lot of things that most (including the incoming leadership) wouldn't do

I'm more interested in how Bush will try and spin things to be able to claim "victory" in some fashion... the shifting of the blame onto the Iraqis themselves has already started (another parallel with Vietnam), what next?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]that a-hole has done a lot of things that most (including the incoming leadership) wouldn't do

I'm more interested in how Bush will try and spin things to be able to claim "victory" in some fashion... the shifting of the blame onto the Iraqis themselves has already started (another parallel with Vietnam), what next?
    [/QUOTE]

Funny...I'm more interested in watching the continuation of liberal hypocrisy on Capitol Hill.....

they've already stated publicly they will not implement all the recommendations of the 9-11 Commission in order to hold onto power, going against something they promised in the campaign...

Now they've promised to get "America out of Iraq" and if cutting funding is the only way it shouldn't matter....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Funny...I'm more interested in watching the continuation of liberal hypocrisy on Capitol Hill.....

they've already stated publicly they will not implement all the recommendations of the 9-11 Commission in order to hold onto power, going against something they promised in the campaign...

Now they've promised to get "America out of Iraq" and if cutting funding is the only way it shouldn't matter....[/QUOTE]

I agree they should do what they promised in the campaign, that was one of my initial problems with the Emperor, George "I'm going to regulate CO2 emissions" Bush

although I don't see the "continued liberal hypocrisy"... you mean Democratic hypocrisy? because Democrats are NOT liberals by any stretch of the means

[QUOTE=Tanginius]2 words, political suicide[/QUOTE]

So, political power is more important than doing what is right, ending the War, and bringing our boys home?

Or is there another explaination?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish]So, political power is more important than doing what is right, ending the War, and bringing our boys home?

Or is there another explaination?[/QUOTE]

well cutting the funding would also make it difficult if not impossible to withdraw the troops as it takes money (fuel, food, supplies, etc) to make such a dramatic logistical maneuver

and as I pointed out in the "Wow" thread, the GOP is the party of political power over what is right... the Dems aren't even in power yet (technically) to be able to do anything to hold onto said power!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]I agree they should do what they promised in the campaign, that was one of my initial problems with the Emperor, George "I'm going to regulate CO2 emissions" Bush

although I don't see the "continued liberal hypocrisy"... you mean Democratic hypocrisy? because Democrats are NOT liberals by any stretch of the means[/QUOTE]

in reference to not implementing the 9-11 Commission reccomendations I am speaking directly about lunatic leftsts and defeatocrats such as john murtha, who refuse to abide by the commissions suggestions solely because he would have to give up his chairmanship of the Appropriations defense subcommittee....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]in reference to not implementing the 9-11 Commission reccomendations I am speaking directly about lunatic leftsts and defeatocrats such as john murtha, who refuse to abide by the commissions suggestions solely because he would have to give up his chairmanship of the Appropriations defense subcommittee....[/QUOTE]

to begin with, the 9-11 Commission was a joke and didn't look into a bunch of important items but that is another thread (or ten!)... and I agree, they promised it, they should deliver it or attempt to...

and I bet you could get your point across and look better in the process without resorting to Faux News-esc propoganda "defeatocrats", etc.

Especially in light of the ISG's proposals mimicing what the Dems were saying 1-1.5 years ago at the very least about withdrawing, etc. which seem to indicate they were and are correct about how to handle the disaster that is the illegal invasion of Iraq
    Last edited by King Ryan; 12-20-2006 at 04:50 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]to begin with, the 9-11 Commission was a joke and didn't look into a bunch of important items but that is another thread (or ten!)... and I agree, they promised it, they should deliver it or attempt to...

and I bet you could get your point across and look better in the process without resorting to Faux News-esc propoganda "defeatocrats", etc.

Especially in light of the ISG's proposals mimicing what the Dems were saying 1-1.5 years ago at the very least about withdrawing, etc. which seem to indicate they were and are correct about how to handle the disaster that is the illegal invasion of Iraq[/QUOTE]

as opposed to your lunatic leftist/daily kos propognada "Emperor George"???

another hypocritical lib has joined the forum..

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]as opposed to your lunatic leftist/daily kos propognada "Emperor George"???

another hypocritical lib has joined the forum..[/QUOTE]

What else would you call that fascist? From his coup d'etat in 2000, to his governing like he got a mandate, to his constant abuse of power and disregard for other branches of government, expansion of executive branch power, illegally invading a sovereign nation for no good reason, sanctioning torture, illegally wiretapping, knowing before-hand and still allowing 911 to happen or possibly even worse having a hand in it, trying to change geneva convention articles, detaining people without proper authority and attempting to create new "enemy combatant" status to get around laws only to be shot down by the SC, possibly stealing OH in '04, etc

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]What else would you call a fascist? [/QUOTE]

howard dean

[QUOTE] From his coup d'etat in 2000, to his governing like he got a mandate, to his constant abuse of power and disregard for other branches of government, expansion of executive branch power illegally invading a sovereign nation for no good reason, sanctioning torture, illegally wiretapping, knowing before-hand and still allowing 911 to happen or possibly even worse having a hand in it, trying to change geneva convention articles, detaining people without proper authority and attempting to create new "enemy combatant" status to get around laws only to be shot down by the SC, possibly stealing OH in '04, etc[/QUOTE]

do you have any of your own thoughts or like jetdawgg are you going to steal all the talking points from lunatic leftist sites???

we can go round and round in circles here but the part about "possibly stealing OH in '04" just shows how pathetic and unworthy of any effort you are.....

RFK Jr wrote a five page horsesh!t article about this topic in Rolling Stone only to be b!tch-slapped point-by-point by another leftist site- Salon.com....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-20-2006 at 05:19 PM.

[QUOTE=Tanginius]What else would you call that fascist? From his coup d'etat in 2000, to his governing like he got a mandate, to his constant abuse of power and disregard for other branches of government, expansion of executive branch power, illegally invading a sovereign nation for no good reason, sanctioning torture, illegally wiretapping, knowing before-hand and still allowing 911 to happen or possibly even worse having a hand in it, trying to change geneva convention articles, detaining people without proper authority and attempting to create new "enemy combatant" status to get around laws only to be shot down by the SC, possibly stealing OH in '04, etc[/QUOTE]

My lord, could you throw a few MORE unproven conspiracy theories and unproven claims into one post? What about JFK....didn't Bush shoot him too? :rolleyes:

Better get your tinfoil hat bro, seems like you still need it.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]well cutting the funding would also make it difficult if not impossible to withdraw the troops as it takes money (fuel, food, supplies, etc) to make such a dramatic logistical maneuver [/QUOTE]

a complete horsesh!t answer.....if they rats think getting out of Iraq is best for the nation they will put the military on notice to remove the troops at once as they will be cutting funding....

[QUOTE]and as I pointed out in the "Wow" thread, the GOP is the party of political power over what is right... the Dems aren't even in power yet (technically) to be able to do anything to hold onto said power![/QUOTE]

as opposed to the dims who claimed Iraq had WMD for years, voted for the war in Iraq but now say Bush lied about WMD in Iraq....that wasn't a political power move over what is right- it genuinely what they feel... :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish]My lord, could you throw a few MORE unproven conspiracy theories and unproven claims into one post? What about JFK....didn't Bush shoot him too? :rolleyes:

Better get your tinfoil hat bro, seems like you still need it.[/QUOTE]

what unproven conspiracy theories did I mention? 911 was the only one, no?

and I have no clue who killed Kennedy, but I doubt it was Oswald, at least by himself