Thread: Liar Joe Wilson Doesn't Want to Testify....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Liar Joe Wilson Doesn't Want to Testify....

[QUOTE][B]Wilson Challenges Subpoena in CIA Case[/B]

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

(12-20) 14:33 PST WASHINGTON, (AP) --

Former ambassador Joseph Wilson asked a federal judge Wednesday not to force him to testify in the CIA leak case and accused former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby of trying to harass him on the witness stand.

Libby, who faces perjury and obstruction charges, subpoenaed Wilson as a defense witness this month. Libby's attorney, William Jeffress, said in court Tuesday that was a precautionary move and he did not expect to put Wilson on the stand.

Libby is accused of lying to investigators about his conversations with reporters regarding Wilson's wife, outed CIA operative Valerie Plame. Plame and Wilson have sued Libby and other Bush administration officials, accusing them of plotting to leak Plame's identity as retribution for Wilson's criticism of prewar intelligence on Iraq.

"Mr. Libby should not be permitted to compel Mr. Wilson's testimony at trial either for the purpose of harassing Mr. Wilson or to gain an advantage in the civil case," Wilson's attorneys wrote.

While Wilson and Plame are at the center of the CIA leak scandal, Wilson is a minor figure in Libby's perjury trial. U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton has sought to keep much of the back story of the leak out of the case.
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/12/20/national/w143317S61.DTL[/url]

liar Joe shot his mouth off and claimed Libby, amongst others, criminally outed his wife, and now he doesn't want to testify??

what's wrong liar Joe??

Banned
    Thats funny..his big mouth is sucking wind..

Hall Of Fame
    I don't follow why he should be a defense witness... he doesn't appear to be involved in the leak

what is the rationale?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]I don't follow why he should be a defense witness... he doesn't appear to be involved in the leak

what is the rationale?[/QUOTE]

first- Libby is not on trial for "the leak"...in fact more than three years after this investigation started no one was indicted for any leak....

second- since liar Joe is definitely interwined in this story as his wife was front and center in having him go to Niger- (then he came back and wrote an OPEd piece which a senate committee found bogus) he is, as the story said, a figure in this trial, albiet minor...

[QUOTE=Tanginius]I don't follow why he should be a defense witness... he doesn't appear to be involved in the leak

what is the rationale?[/QUOTE]
    No rationale. No documents in Sandy Berger's pants, either. It's all a big misunderstanding, but clearly Cheney & Co. are getting away with something. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]first- Libby is not on trial for "the leak"...in fact more than three years after this investigation started no one was indicted for any leak....

second- since liar Joe is definitely interwined in this story as his wife was front and center in having him go to Niger- (then he came back and wrote an OPEd piece which a senate committee found bogus) he is, as the story said, a figure in this trial, albiet minor...[/QUOTE]

well Joe Wilson wasn't involved in Libby lying to the grand jury either... I just don't get why they would want him to testify

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tanginius]well Joe Wilson wasn't involved in Libby lying to the grand jury either... I just don't get why they would want him to testify[/QUOTE]

again- he is a figure in the case, albeit a minor one as stated in the article...

liar joe walked around with a holier than thou attitude for more than three years accusing everyone he didn't like of purposely trying to ruin his and his wife's lives....

he should have no problem testifying as he declared he was truthful and everyone else was lying and out to get him.....

the more he resists the more foolish he looks...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]again- he is a figure in the case, albeit a minor one as stated in the article...

liar joe walked around with a holier than thou attitude for more than three years accusing everyone he didn't like of purposely trying to ruin his and his wife's lives....

he should have no problem testifying as he declared he was truthful and everyone else was lying and out to get him.....

the more he resists the more foolish he looks...[/QUOTE]

yeah so they have him come in, he comes in and says I have no proof but that is was I believe(d), and leaves...

doesn't seem to help Libby's cause/case