Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: The dollar is killing me

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The dollar is killing me

It costs me $1.31 to buy a euro. I'm normally pretty frugal with money - going abroad is one of the ways I go all out... this sucks.

Paris is such a wonderful city, by the way (shocking content, I know)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    go to Australia, New Zealand or Canada... much better exchange rates and three of the trips I've taken in the past year

you mentioned Paris... ever go to Quebec? I consider it like "driving to Europe"... very cool and the old city in Montreal and Quebec City really give you the old world feel!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Oz.. went there in 04 but the plane ride kills you, financially and physically and you need to take 2 weeks to make it worthwhile

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]It costs me $1.31 to buy a euro. I'm normally pretty frugal with money - going abroad is one of the ways I go all out... this sucks.

Paris is such a wonderful city, by the way (shocking content, I know)[/QUOTE]

Paris is unbelievable - took a delayed honeymoon there two years ago - and if you get a chance to go to Giverney, take it, and rent bikes at the cafe across from the train station instead of taking the bus to Monet's garden. Only thing I had a problem with was the anti-semitism.

As for the exchange rate, look at it this way - if the dollar keeps falling against the Euro, at the end of your trip your leftover Euros will bring you more dollars than you paid for them in the first place.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound]I love Oz.. went there in 04 but the plane ride kills you, financially and physically and you need to take 2 weeks to make it worthwhile[/QUOTE]

any vacation is only worth it for 2 weeks or more if you ask me... unless it's like a ski weekend or something

I haven't gone on a vacation less than 2 weeks in length except for our "pre-honeymoon" (a 5 day trip to the Cayman Islands to finish getting my wife scuba certified so we could dive on the honeymoon the month later)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it]Only thing I had a problem with was the anti-semitism.
    [/QUOTE]

They don't just hate jews - they hate everyone who isn't French

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=bitonti]They don't just hate jews - they hate everyone who isn't French[/QUOTE]

Arafat and Saddam Hussein weren't French but they
    were revered in France.

Guess they haven't figured out Jerry Lewis is Jewish though.