Thread: more troops

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

more troops

good idea - 5 years too late

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea, why? I thought you are against this thing in every way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell Doctrine of Overwhelming Force

i am not against this war b/c i am a pacifist i am against it because it wasn't a good idea and i want this country to win not lose

not to mention who is gonna join up now after 4 years of a war no one believes in?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that msost Americans are against losing wars....not war itself....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]good idea - 5 years too late[/QUOTE]

The amount of troops we have in Iraq is irrelevant. It's what they're doing (actually, not doing) that matters.

Bottom Line: George Bush doesn't have the guts to ruthlessly kill our enemies. When/If he ever grows some nads we'll win! :coolmad:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet]The amount of troops we have in Iraq is irrelevant. It's what they're doing (actually, not doing) that matters.

Bottom Line: George Bush doesn't have the guts to ruthlessly kill our enemies. When/If he ever grows some nads we'll win! :coolmad:[/QUOTE]

ah sweet genocide.

One would think that after we butchered the native Americans and became the number one country in the world, we'd be past that sort of foreign policy.

good to see the waters run deep.

okay Albany so who exactly are our enemies?

The sunnis of Saudi Arabia? The shia of Iran?

these things were never really defined

you can't wage any war without clear reachable goals. War is about willpower and people cannot be expected to hate an ill defined enemy.

By taking Iraq out we removed the buffer between Shia and Sunni.

George W Bush

Worst President Ever.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]good idea - 5 years too late[/QUOTE]

How is it a good idea? You have been quoted (repeatedly) as saying "This War in Unwinnable, Period".

So how is ANY idea beyond "lets get out ASAP" a good idea?

[QUOTE=bitonti]One would think that after we butchered the native Americans and became the number one country in the world, we'd be past that sort of foreign policy.

good to see the waters run deep. [/QUOTE]

What an interesting spin. How very modern/liberal/soft of you Bit. I prefer to think that the forefathers who built the nation into what it is simply WON every war, every conflict and every issue they HAD TO, to make the United States the great nation it is today. Were people killed to do that? Yep, they were. Sucks to be one the losing side, I suppose. But we weren't......or were we Bit?

I suppose you'd prefer a World where North America was split into say, 30 nations, most Native American, no unity, frequent tribal strife (just like Africa to this day). Oh, and no power to stop Nazi'ism or Communism when those powers rose. But no worries, I am sure the Divided Natiev American Nations would have risen to that challenge just as well as the United States did, right Bit.

No wonder we can never seem to get on the same page Bit. You don;t want to win Wars, you just want to whine incessantly about how MEAN we have been to everyone, and how we deserve a comuppance. Well my friend, you and yours and your soft liberal ways are doing more to bring that comeuppance to reality than any external enemy we've ever faced. Soon, even the act of killing in self-defense, to preserve our Nation, our People and our way of life will be frowned upon.

And just as it always has, some OTHER culture will rise up, without the soft and whining "morals" of today's Liberals, and wipe us, and our culture, right off the face of the Earth.

Hmmm.....Islamic Fundamentalism. Yep, no fear about killing there, eh Bit. Maybe that other culture is already here. And as soon as you and yours make this Nation to soft to protect itself, well....game over man, game over, eh?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]ah sweet genocide.

One would think that after we butchered the native Americans and became the number one country in the world, we'd be past that sort of foreign policy.

good to see the waters run deep.

okay Albany so who exactly are our enemies?

The sunnis of Saudi Arabia? The shia of Iran?

these things were never really defined

you can't wage any war without clear reachable goals. War is about willpower and people cannot be expected to hate an ill defined enemy.

By taking Iraq out we removed the buffer between Shia and Sunni.

George W Bush

Worst President Ever.[/QUOTE]

gotta love the blame America first crowd...

Bitonti

Always America's Fault....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]gotta love the blame America first crowd...

Bitonti

Always America's Fault....[/QUOTE]

I think that some folks blame America because it is the only super power in the world today. A lot of responsibilty comes with that title.

In the case of Iraq, I don't feel as though we have lived up to the title as well as we should have.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]Powell Doctrine of Overwhelming Force

i am not against this war b/c i am a pacifist i am against it because it wasn't a good idea and i want this country to win not lose

not to mention who is gonna join up now after 4 years of a war no one believes in?[/QUOTE]

Is this the same colin powell that let saddam off the hook 15 years ago?

Why don't you actually do research before you post garbage: With the exception of 2005, enlistment levels were at expected or better than expected levels.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]Is this the same colin powell that let saddam off the hook 15 years ago?

Why don't you actually do research before you post garbage: With the exception of 2005, enlistment levels were at expected or better than expected levels.[/QUOTE]

How much does that have to do with not letting the military go free to civilian life after they have served their time?