Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charges dropped against Duke lax players...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Charges dropped against Duke lax players...

coming over the wire now...

I guess we can go march in protest how whitey had is rights trampled on??

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]coming over the wire now...

I guess we can go march in protest how whitey had is rights trampled on??

.......[/QUOTE]

Would this protest include cocktail bombs and looting? If it does... count me in. God, I love those types of protests.

How about stringing up Wilfong?

Banned
    [QUOTE][B]Rape Charges Dropped in Duke Case
    Dec 22 12:43 PM US/Eastern

By AARON BEARD
    Associated Press Writer
    DURHAM, N.C.

Prosecutors dropped rape charges Friday against three Duke University lacrosse players accused of attacking a stripper at a team party, but the three still face kidnapping and sexual offense charges, a defense attorney said.

Joseph Cheshire and attorneys for the other players have said for months the woman told several different versions of the alleged assault.

Cheshire said Friday that the accuser now says she does not know if she was penetrated, which he said led District Attorney Mike Nifong to dismiss the rape charges.

Nifong did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

The accuser, a 28-year-old student at North Carolina Central University, has said three men raped her in a bathroom at a March 13 team party where she was hired to perform as a stripper.

The players _ Dave Evans, Collin Finnerty and Reade Seligmann _ all say they are innocent. Their attorneys have consistently said no sex occurred at the party and have cited a lack of DNA evidence in the case as proof of their clients' innocence.

"It's highly coincidental," Cheshire said, that the charges are being dropped a week after the director of a private DNA testing lab acknowledged that he initially, with Nifong's knowledge, withheld from the defense test results showing none of the players' DNA was found on or in the accuser's body.

Testing also showed that genetic material from several males was found in her undergarments and body.[/B][/QUOTE]

here it is

[QUOTE=MnJetFan]How about stringing up Wilfong?[/QUOTE]

What does this mean?

Hang him by the family jewels, if he has any!

[QUOTE=MnJetFan]Hang him by the family jewels, if he has any![/QUOTE]

For what reason?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]For what reason?[/QUOTE]

Here's a short recap of the main reasons and there are more. (This is written by Dr. Thomas Sowell, a black guy from Harlem who went to Harvard.)

The worst worsens
    By Thomas Sowell
    December 21, 2006

In his book "The Great Crash 1929," John Kenneth Galbraith said: "The worst continued to worsen." The same can be said of the Duke University "rape" case and District Attorney Michael Nifong.
    After all this time, it finally came out in court last week that the DNA samples collected from the underwear and private parts of the woman who claimed she was a victim contained DNA from other men -- but none from the Duke lacrosse players accused of raping her. The DNA testing laboratory's chief testified in court under oath that both he and Mr. Nifong knew this and kept it secret.
    Incredible? How about a statement afterward by Mr. Nifong that he didn't say anything about this publicly because he was "trying to avoid dragging any names through the mud"?
    He certainly did not avoid dragging the names of the Duke lacrosse players through the mud. He not only denounced them, they were paraded in handcuffs in front of the national media. Their pictures were on every television news program across the country.
    If these young men get completely exonerated, this episode will still follow them the rest of their lives. Yet they have not been convicted of anything and have not even gone to trial -- which is scheduled for next spring, if it ever takes place. Indeed, they have not even been interviewed by the police or by the district attorney who denounced these white lacrosse players when he was running for office and making a play for the black vote.
    Nor has the district attorney interviewed the woman who claimed to have been raped. In a "he said, she said" situation, anyone interested in the credibility of the two sides would at least have tried to find out what specifically they claimed. But that is only if you care about the truth, rather than the politics. Politically, the district attorney had a black woman who claimed white men raped her. That's all he needed to get elected.
    Mr. Nifong has shown from day one what he was interested in. Showing the "rape" victim only photographs of white Duke lacrosse players was a violation of basic lineup principles. People known to be innocent are included in lineups just to test the credibility of whoever is identifying those picked out as guilty. If you pick out somebody known to have been overseas at the time, there goes your credibility. But District Attorney Nifong was not about to risk having the accuser's credibility tested, and certainly not before his election.
    All the evidence that has come out has pointed the other way. One of the accused has a paper trail showing he wasn't even there when he was supposed to have raped the "exotic dancer." A black cabdriver says he was with him, going to a bank's ATM to get some money -- and bank records show him there at the time he was supposed to be committing rape.
    Confronted with the fact DNA tests failed to show any of the Duke lacrosse players' DNA was present on the "exotic dancer," Mr. Nifong said that they could have used condoms.
    Every part of your body has DNA that is left wherever you have had bodily contact. When you shake someone's hand, you leave your DNA. Each Duke student would have to have had a giant condom covering his whole body to avoid leaving DNA on someone he raped.
    Far more is involved in this case than the misdeeds of one district attorney. There is a segment of the black community -- a small segment, we can hope -- that figures it is payback time for all the black men who have been railroaded to jail on trumped-up charges involving the rape of white women.
    The local branch of the NAACP, an organization that fought such injustices in times past, has thrown its weight behind those trying to railroad three white students, who were not even born when these other injustices occurred. Winston Churchill once said, "If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Nowhere is that truer than when dealing with the explosive mixture of race and politics.
    Mr. Nifong deserves to be removed from office and disbarred. If he gets away with all this, it will be a blank check for every prosecutor in the country to abuse the powers of the office.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]For what reason?[/QUOTE]

He knew there was no rape a very long time ago, but went along with the charges to get reelected. Talk about WHITE TRASH!

FYI conservatives

the rape charge was dropped but these men are still on trial for sexual offense and kidnapping

the sexual offense charge carries a maximum sentence of 30 years

I never said that a rape occurred (*in fact i said a rape probably did not occur if you bring up the thread*) but i also said that something bad probably happened to that girl.

Duke lax players are notorious steak bombs. They are capable of anything.

Certain posters should be disgusted with yourself for cheering and pretending the white man is the persecuted minority. wah wah wahh boo hoo

Let me reiterate:

These guys are up on kidnapping charges and sexual offense charges. Both major felonies.

So cut the crap okay?

merry christmas,
    -bit

[QUOTE=bitonti]FYI conservatives

the rape charge was dropped but these men are still on trial for sexual offense and kidnapping

I never said that a rape occurred (*in fact i said a rape probably did not occur if you bring up the thread*) but i also said that something bad probably happened to that girl.

Certain posters should be disgusted with yourself for cheering and pretending the white man is the persecuted minority. wah wah wahh boo hoo

Let me reiterate:

These guys are up on kidnapping charges and sexual offense charges. Both major felonies.

So cut the crap okay?

merry christmas,
    -bit[/QUOTE]

evidence plz, thx

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]evidence plz, thx[/QUOTE]

read the story in this thread

it's going to trial

something happened, they don't have DNA evidence but they still have a case.

The election is over why wouldn't they drop all charges if it was a total sham?

Folks, calm down. The rape charges were dropped not because they think they have the wrong guys, or nothing happened (if that was the case they would have dropped all the charges) but because, as a matter of law, they will not be able to prove rape given the complaining witness' changing stories about whether she was penetrated or not.

Penetration is an element of rape that would need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and if the accuser isn't even sure whether it happened no jury could find beyond a reasonable doubt that it did.

Given the accuser's ever changing stories, the absence of DNA and the DA's shameful actions to date, I seriously doubt whether these kids actually did anything criminal, and have almost no doubt that they will be acquitted (if they get even semi-decent lawyering). But this is no [i]mea culpa[/i] from the DA - they're pressing ahead with kidnapping and sexual offense charges.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]FYI conservatives

Let me reiterate:

So cut the crap okay?

merry christmas,
    -bit[/QUOTE]

and you should be disgusted with yourself for constantly spinning your bullsh!t stories...it is truly pathetic..

[QUOTE=bitonti]the duke 3?

this is not some sort of ill conceived miscarraiage of jusstice... this is not political correctness run a mok. They are meatheads. they are juice monkeys. they are rich and spoiled.

[B]wake up white people - these guys are most likely f--kin rapists. Innocent until proven guilty is in order but let's be real these guys have all the money all the power and everything to lose. The woman sounds to me like a victim with not a whole lot to gain by exposing herself as a whore. [/B]

Things being as they are in our criminal justice system the Duke 3 will probably beat the rap but make no mistake something bad happened in that frat house. These guys reputation's are ruined well guess what they should be... if not for this than for 100 other offenses that went unreported. Guys like this are all over colleges and usually if they are actually innocent of the crime then they are guilty of so many others that karmically justice will have been served.

The bottom line is this had been a long time coming at that school and they wouldn't have cancelled the entire season if there was a chance any of these guys were innocent.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bitonti]you guys are all indigant like this is such an unfair and deliberate miscarriage of justice - like every moment the NC DA wastes on this case is a wasted moment. Maybe i'm just a simple rube but DAs don't bring serious charges like this for no reason. Lacrosse team's seasons (and Duke by the way had most of the season left and was possibly going to the Tournament) do not get cancelled for no reason. I know what Daniel Carver said and my joke was intentional. It's blatantly obvious that something happened in that frat house. Was is essentially as the girl says it was? Well we shall see... but you guys are walking around like it's a waste of time to even have the trial... these guys are a$$holes.

Are they rapists? hey we shall see but don't act like someone accidentally arrested mother teresa.

This team was on very thin ice even before the year and it's the type of situation that even if they are innocent of this incident there are probably 10 other incidents that went unreported. These guys are getting far too much of the benefit of the doubt for no other reason then they are the offspring of rich white dudes. It is truly a case of one person's word against the word of an entire lacrosse team - and everyone is siding with the team? my question is why? What the eff have these jerks done in their whole life to be given the benefit of the doubt?

if the races were reversed I'd say the exact same thing entire teams seasons don't get cancelled for no reason and DAs don't charge people with crazy crimes for no reason. Yes there is a system of trial and yes these men deserve their say in court but my question is why is everyone assuming these guys are innocent? I assume they are guilty, based purely on what I know about Duke lacrosse and the team as a whole. They are certainly capable of such an act... and they are also capable of believing their own lies so much as to pass a pollyanagraph test.[/QUOTE]

more intellectual posts can be found here...

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117644[/url]

Bitonti

Always Blame America....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]and you should be disgusted with yourself for constantly spinning your bullsh!t stories...it is truly pathetic..

more intellectual posts can be found here...

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117644[/url]

Bitonti

Always Blame America....[/QUOTE]

it's kinda sad how bitonti wants these people to be found guilty. his bias couldn't be any more evident.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]it's kinda sad how bitonti wants these people to be found guilty. his bias couldn't be any more evident.[/QUOTE]

and those who do not think these guys are completely guilty are the indignant ones....

you guys are here celebrating people still up on charges of kidnapping and sexual offense

im sure nothing happened

im sure they invited that stripper in for a cup of tea and a reading of Lady windemere's fan

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti]you guys are here celebrating people still up on charges of kidnapping and sexual offense

im sure nothing happened

im sure they invited that stripper in for a cup of tea and a reading of Lady windemere's fan[/QUOTE]

and you are celebrating the fact you have been once again pointed out as being full of sh!t through your own posts....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Bit I really can't understand your position on this one. This isn't a black/white or liberal/conservative issue as far as I'm concerned.

The evidence is overwhelming that this girl is full of ****, and now it's clear that Nifong has acted in a way that should absolutely have him investigated at the least, prosecuted at most.

I can't imagine being one of these kids parents, seeing thier lives ruined by some lying crackhead skank in collusion with a despicable pandering scumbag politician. May they both rot in hell, in the same cell.

[QUOTE=shakin318]Bit I really can't understand your position on this one. This isn't a black/white or liberal/conservative issue as far as I'm concerned.

The evidence is overwhelming that this girl is full of ****, and now it's clear that Nifong has acted in a way that should absolutely have him investigated at the least, prosecuted at most.

I can't imagine being one of these kids parents, seeing thier lives ruined by some lying crackhead skank in collusion with a despicable pandering scumbag politician. May they both rot in hell, in the same cell.[/QUOTE]

bit has wanted them to be convicted from the start, before the evidence (or lack thereof) even came out. he's flat out said that they probably raped her because "duke lax players are d-bags like that." don't go to law school any time soon, bit.