Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gerald Ford may be in a world of trouble right now....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Gerald Ford may be in a world of trouble right now....

I just read that he was a Mason. eek! If he slipped into eternity as a Free Mason, this is tragic.

[QUOTE]LET ME say, Worshipful Layton, distinguished officers of the Grand Lodge, and honorable past Grand Masters, that this is a wonderful, wonderful thought on your part, and I am most grateful for being included with the father of our country on this silver medallion.

I, of course, have a very special allegiance to the lodge here in the District of Columbia because although I started back in Grand Rapids, because I was in Congress it was not possible for me to participate, and as a result the brothers here in the District of Columbia were very helpful, and I actually got my degrees here in Washington, D.C. So, I thank those that participated, and I am highly honored to have had the opportunity here in the District of Columbia.

You noted that [B]I am the 14th President that belonged to the Masonic fraternity[/B]. I also noted that some 19 Vice Presidents also belonged to the Masonic fraternity plus innumerable hundreds and maybe thousands of Members of Congress over the years have likewise been a part of our fraternity. I can't, of course, tell you how many judges and other high public officials have already been a part of what we hold so dear.

It was also significant, I thought, that some of the original or some of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, Benjamin Franklin, John Hancock, Paul Revere and, of course, George Washington, and perhaps others--I don't recall any of the others--were signers of the Declaration of Independence which is, of course, a very basic document in the establishment of our concepts, the establishment of our Government.

I know Masonry has contributed over the years, the length and the breadth of this country, a great moral spirit that has helped significantly in the building of America. They have done it for two centuries. I am told that there were only about 3,000 Masons at the time this country was formed, 3,000 out of some 3 million who were in the Thirteen Colonies that made America.

Well, Masonry has contributed in the 200 years. I am confident it will do likewise in the third century and longer than that. So, I thank you for the honor, Worshipful Layton. And I thank all of the members, and particularly those who are here today, for their coming to the White House to participate in this ceremony.
    Thank you very, very much.

Note: The President spoke at 12:24 p.m. in the Rose Garden at the White House. In his opening remarks, he referred to John B. Layton, Grand Master of the District of Columbia Masons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Citation: John Woolley and Gerhard Peters,The American Presidency Project [online]. Santa Barbara, CA: University of California (hosted), Gerhard Peters (database). Available from World Wide Web: [url]http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=5737[/url].[/QUOTE]

For information on Masons, click here:

[url]http://www.trosch.org/bks/msnc/masonry-exposed.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This makes about as much sense as you.

[IMG]http://www.noforum.net/fun/pics/dog_cat_lovers.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Masons are a Fraternal Order, not a Faith. While belief in a "God" is required (or used to be), they do not mandate what that belief must be.

Stop dancing on the graves of others Sack. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    this thread would've made sense the day before the Michigan-Ohio State game...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ford may now be realizing being a Free Mason isn't really free after all. Could have costed him his soul if he died believing and trusting in the Masonry it's all over.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99]Ford may now be realizing being a Free Mason isn't really free after all. Could have costed him his soul if he died believing and trusting in the Masonry it's all over.[/QUOTE]

who knows...he could be in pools of fire right now listening to James Brown sing "Sex Machine" live...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah it really makes alot of sense that the activities one does in the 100 years of mortal life would affect your soul for eternity. time without end... that's really fair to punish people for a bad life by giving them millions and billions and trillions of years of torture.

it makes about as much sense as believing the sun revolves around the earth or that the earth is flat.

What a crock of crap. Wake up, Gerald Ford isn't hurting or in bliss, he's dead, he's nothing.

You get one shot at this life and after that it's eternal blackness.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=bitonti]yeah it really makes alot of sense that the activities one does in the 100 years of mortal life would affect your soul for eternity. time without end... that's really fair to punish people for a bad life by giving them millions and billions and trillions of years of torture.

it makes about as much sense as believing the sun revolves around the earth or that the earth is flat.

What a crock of crap. Wake up, Gerald Ford isn't hurting or in bliss, he's dead, he's nothing.

You get one shot at this life and after that it's eternal blackness.[/QUOTE]

Alright, then keep your nihilism to yourself.
    We don't need a head start on the eternal blackness stuff
    before we go.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=sackdance99]Ford may now be realizing being a Free Mason isn't really free after all. Could have costed him his soul if he died believing and trusting in the Masonry it's all over.[/QUOTE]

"His life was filled with love of God, his family and his country, his wife, Betty, said in a statement.

Nothing about masons.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Stop dancing on the graves of others Sack.[/QUOTE]
    what would he do, if not that? i think on sack's 'day of reckoning', his judge will say, "well, you've led a life of piety and servitude. if you lived in a previous era, you'd be a no-brainer, first ballot heaven-elect. unfortunately for you, you lived in the dot-com era, and your actions on jetsinsider.com are inexcusable. sackdance99, i hereby decree that you shall spend the rest of your days, as you so eloquently put it [url="http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1605600&postcount=287"]here[/url], 'in pure agony wishing the temperature could be turned down a few million degrees.' now please step aside so dickkotite and New York Mick can get through."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99]Ford may now be realizing being a Free Mason isn't really free after all. Could have costed him his soul if he died believing and trusting in the Masonry it's all over.[/QUOTE]could costed you your soul if grammar figures into the equation at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]
    You get one shot at this life and after that it's eternal blackness.[/QUOTE]
    It's bad enough having one guy claiming to know what happens after death, bit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=isired]what would he do, if not that? i think on sack's 'day of reckoning', his judge will say, "well, you've led a life of piety and servitude. if you lived in a previous era, you'd be a no-brainer, first ballot heaven-elect. unfortunately for you, you lived in the dot-com era, and your actions on jetsinsider.com are inexcusable. sackdance99, i hereby decree that you shall spend the rest of your days, as you so eloquently put it [url="http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1605600&postcount=287"]here[/url], 'in pure agony wishing the temperature could be turned down a few million degrees.' [B]now please step aside so dickkotite and New York Mick can get through.[/B]"[/QUOTE]

That was good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet]"His life was filled with love of God, his family and his country, his wife, Betty, said in a statement.

Nothing about masons.[/QUOTE]

The term "God" is used loosely. You must decifer what "God" they are referring to. There is only one true God and that is the God of the bible. Mormons, Masons, JW's, and other cults will talk about God all the time but when you get into their doctrine you find out the God they serve is NOT the same one of the bible.

And for this, there will be gnashing of the teeth, weeping and wailing in the lake of fire for eternity. And this (eternity) is the one thing you don't want to screw up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]The Masons are a Fraternal Order, not a Faith. While belief in a "God" is required (or used to be), they do not mandate what that belief must be.[/QUOTE]

This is why people are so deceived. They never do the research about things. Here is a clip from their own doctrine........

[IMG]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Freemasonry/albert_pike_satanist.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99]That was good.[/QUOTE]

LOL, that was pretty funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99]This is why people are so deceived. They never do the research about things. Here is a clip from their own doctrine........

[IMG]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Freemasonry/albert_pike_satanist.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Membership and religion
    Freemasonry explicitly and openly states that it is not a religion, nor a substitute for religion. "There is no separate Masonic God", nor a separate proper name for a deity in any branch of Freemasonry.

Freemasonry requires that its candidates believe in a Supreme Being, the nature the interpretation of the term being subject to the conscience of the candidate. A wide range of faiths, drawn from the Abrahamic religions, other monotheistic religions, or non-monotheistic religions, (subject to candidates answering Yes to the Supreme Being question), include, for example, Buddhists and Hindus.

Since the early 19th Century, in the irregular Continental European tradition - irregular to those Grand Lodges in amity with UGLE - a very broad interpretation has been given to a (non-dogmatic) Supreme Being; in the tradition of Baruch Spinoza and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - or views of The Ultimate Cosmic Oneness - along with Western atheistic idealism and agnosticism.

The Freemasonry that predominates in Scandinavia, known as the Swedish Rite, accepts only Christians.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for doing the legwork Mick.

Sack......oh, never mind. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a proud member of this Fraternal Organisaton I've always found it very amusing and baffling at the same time that the fundamentalists of all religions can only agree on one thing: That the Freemasons are Devil's spawn and when we are completely gone everything will be just peachy in the world.

May Bro. Ford Rest in Eternal Light.
    Last edited by The Turk; 12-28-2006 at 10:31 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Turk]Being a proud member of this Fraternal Organisaton I've always found it very amusing and baffling at the same time that the fundamentalists of all religions can only agree on one thing: That the Freemasons are Devil's spawn and when we are completely gone everything will be just peachy in the world.

May Bro. Ford Rest in Eternal Light.[/QUOTE]

See that fire in your avatar, ahhh nevermind.