Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The opinionated Fox News Channel is giving ground to increasingly noisy competitors

The opinionated Fox News Channel is giving ground to increasingly noisy competitors

[url]http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/ideas/bal-id.cable24dec24,0,694639.story[/url]

Keith Olbermann, MSNBC's pugnacious but cerebral resident lefty; his colleague Chris Matthews, long an opponent of the Iraq war who was recently off the air because of illness but who remains very much in the mix; Nancy Grace, whose acerbic, finger-wagging style on Headline News is aimed primarily at miscreants and their lawyers; and, on CNBC, the manic money maven Jim Cramer, whose flailing arms and booming delivery is sheer entertainment for stock-market players who don't mind being shouted at.

The shakeout among the main cable news networks is all the more notable for the audience losses at Fox News Channel, which has suffered a 21 percent decline in total viewers when compared to the fourth quarter of 2005. Its biggest star, Bill O'Reilly, virtually invincible for much of the Bush administration's tenure, has also lost a significant number of viewers in the past year as the administration's fortunes have waned, its Iraq policy in shambles and its midterm electoral defeats conclusive.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

more spam from the mindless who cherry pick a few paragraphs to prove a worthless point.....

a few other points of interest from the article left out by this forum's number one spammer...

[QUOTE]Overall, though, O'Reilly remains the king of cable, ahead of CNN's Larry King and the target of almost relentless invective from MSNBC's Olbermann, who cheerfully describes O'Reilly as "the worst person in the world."[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"Fox is still No. 1 thanks to O'Reilly," said Brian Stelter, who covers the industry on his TVNewser.com blog. "Without him, it would still be very competitive between CNN and Fox. Maybe the upstarts are starting to act a little more like Fox did, when Fox was David to CNN's Goliath. But now that Fox is Goliath, MSNBC and Headline News are starting to throw stones - or pebbles, at least."[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Not necessarily. Although growing, MSNBC's numbers remain mostly in the shadows of the larger channels.[/QUOTE]

when you're scarping the bottom of the toilet there's no place to go but up....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 12-27-2006 at 12:38 PM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]more spam from the mindless who cherry pick a few paragraphs to prove a worthless point.....

a few other points of interest from the article left out by this forum's number one spammer...

when you're scarping the bottom of the toilet there's no place to go but up....[/QUOTE]

"I'd be worried if I were Fox," said Stelter about the surge by Dobbs, Olbermann, Beck and others whose numbers have been showing signs of momentum.

"Fox did not do well in the elections," said Diedtra Henderson, a reporter in the Washington bureau of The Boston Globe and an avid election-watcher"

Fox couldn't deal with the reality of the news, and CNN benefited because it was seen as bipartisan. CNN called races faster, while Fox anchors were arguing with guests."

"The war is going badly and it's made people turn away from flag-waving, sloganeering and spin and it's made the audience seek out answers," Klein said. "They want insight. The audience is increasingly on to the fact that Fox is giving people the administration party line."

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]"I'd be worried if I were Fox," said Stelter about the surge by Dobbs, Olbermann, Beck and others whose numbers have been showing signs of momentum.

"Fox did not do well in the elections," said Diedtra Henderson, a reporter in the Washington bureau of The Boston Globe and an avid election-watcher"

Fox couldn't deal with the reality of the news, and CNN benefited because it was seen as bipartisan. CNN called races faster, while Fox anchors were arguing with guests."

"The war is going badly and it's made people turn away from flag-waving, sloganeering and spin and it's made the audience seek out answers," Klein said. "They want insight. The audience is increasingly on to the fact that Fox is giving people the administration party line."[/QUOTE]

The Neilsen Ratings are out there for anyone to see and grasp.
    The Fox programs are runaway leaders because they reflect
    what the American people want to see and hear on TV.

[QUOTE=flushingjet]The Neilsen Ratings are out there for anyone to see and grasp.
    The Fox programs are runaway leaders because they reflect
    what the American people want to see and hear on TV.[/QUOTE]

The rating also show that they are losing ground also....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]

Fox couldn't deal with the reality of the news, and CNN benefited because it was seen as bipartisan. [/QUOTE]

who sees CNN as bipartisan?? the blind??

as much as you are programmed to believe Fox News is losing ground they are light years ahead of anything you genuflect to....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Big Media = Entertainment.

Not enlightenment.

So in effect, yall are arguing over who is the better singer, Brittney Spears or Kevin Federline. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Warfish]Big Media = Entertainment.

Not enlightenment.

So in effect, yall are arguing over who is the better singer, Brittney Spears or Kevin Federline. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That is why I get most of my news from the web. I only want the truth and the MSM can do a number on that...

KO has been delivering the tough blows lately though

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]That is why I get most of my news from the web. I only want the truth and the MSM can do a number on that...

KO has been delivering the tough blows lately though[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right!
    [url="http://www.olbermannwatch.com/"]http://www.olbermannwatch.com/[/url]

[QUOTE=flushingjet]Yeah, right!
    [url="http://www.olbermannwatch.com/"]http://www.olbermannwatch.com/[/url][/QUOTE]

KO is still my favorite MSM guy. This link looks a lot like this board when I post. Just personal attacks on me.

Typical of the republican guard. No wonder they lost 35-0.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Big Media = Entertainment.

Not enlightenment.

So in effect, yall are arguing over who is the better singer, Brittney Spears or Kevin Federline. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. Unplug your TVs until Sunday afternoons, gentlemen.

All Pro
    Fox loses a few rating points and this guy is on cloud sixty nine.

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]Fox loses a few rating points and this guy is on cloud sixty nine.[/QUOTE]
    It's done wonders for his social life.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]That is why I get most of my news from the web. I only want the truth and the MSM can do a number on that...

[/QUOTE]

sure...so you go to the media where people can make up whatever sh!t they feel like and pawn if off as truthful news, ala Jason Leopold & Truthout!

more classic drivel from the mindless..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]sure...so you go to the media where people can make up whatever sh!t they feel like and pawn if off as truthful news, ala Jason Leopold & Truthout!

more classic drivel from the mindless..[/QUOTE]

funny....I am watching the ESPN Bowl preview show and Lou Holtz just reiterated my comments about the internet being unaccountable and people making sh!t up, throwing it out there and pawning it off as truth....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]sure...so you go to the media where people can make up whatever sh!t they feel like and pawn if off as truthful news, ala Jason Leopold & Truthout!

more classic drivel from the mindless..[/QUOTE]

I find it difficult to condemn a whole site when I post only certain links from them. I never make a blanket statement and say, this site is the truth.

I post a link.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I find it difficult to condemn a whole site when I post only certain links from them. I never make a blanket statement and say, this site is the truth.

I post a link.[/QUOTE]

I see....

so they are only full of sh!t most of the time....not all the time...

and it is up to you to decipher what it truthful and what is not...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]I see....

so they are only full of sh!t most of the time....not all the time...

and it is up to you to decipher what it truthful and what is not...[/QUOTE]

35-0 in the last election. I think that they had more of the truth than other media outlets.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]35-0 in the last election. I think that they had more of the truth than other media outlets.[/QUOTE]

please....

stop being a hypocrite, accusing others of not staying on topic, then straying into your bullsh!t talking points....

the pathetic thing is you really think these blogs had a lot to do with the election...they were around and just as forecful in 2004- what happened then genius???

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]please....

stop being a hypocrite, accusing others of not staying on topic, then straying into your bullsh!t talking points....

the pathetic thing is you really think these blogs had a lot to do with the election...they were around and just as forecful in 2004- what happened then genius???[/QUOTE]

I heard about some dreadful election "events" in Ohio......