Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Many soldiers say.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Many soldiers say.....

...troop surge a bad idea

In dozens of interviews with soldiers of the Army's 5th Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment as they patrolled the streets of eastern Baghdad, many said the Iraqi capital is embroiled in civil warfare between majority Shiite Muslims and Sunni Arabs that no number of American troops can stop.

[url]http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRAQ_MORE_TROOPS?SITE=CADIU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-12-28-12-32-57[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    "Many" soldiers say this...in fact of the 130K over there they did DOZENS of interviews and came to this conclusion....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]"Many" soldiers say this...in fact of the 130K over there they did DOZENS of interviews and came to this conclusion....

.......................[/QUOTE]

When are you signing up to go?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]When are you signing up to go?[/QUOTE]

over the age limit....

but I have one cousin there now and two who returned last year- they all think the bastard liberal media in this nation is one sided sc^m and laugh at minions like yourself who blindly follow along...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]over the age limit....

but I have one cousin there now and two who returned last year- they all think the bastard liberal media in this nation is one sided sc^m and laugh at minions like yourself who blindly follow along...[/QUOTE]

Why do you think that the media is liberal? Surely the web is. That is why the blogs got so hot.

The MSM has a certain slant to it, however in my view it not nearly "liberal".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Why do you think that the media is liberal? Surely the web is. That is why the blogs got so hot.

The MSM has a certain slant to it, however in my view it not nearly "liberal".[/QUOTE]
    Well, take a freakin' gander at the AP and their excited coverage of the Iraq war. They are practically in bed with the terrorists, excuse me, the "insurgency". The MSM is disgustingly liberal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]Well, take a freakin' gander at the AP and their excited coverage of the Iraq war. They are practically in bed with the terrorists, excuse me, the "insurgency". The MSM is disgustingly liberal.[/QUOTE]

I posted a report regarding PBS a few weeks back and it showed how slanted the media toward the neo-cons. And PBS has been called "liberal" many times inthe public. Clearly this study showed otherwise.

I have not run across a study as profund since then.

Most of the media went along with Bush and the war effort. I don't see how "liberal" that is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    more troops = more violennce and more deaths..I'm all for it if Bush and cheney lead them into battle..Oh wait, they're chicken hawks..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bman]more troops = more violennce and more deaths..I'm all for it if [B]Bush and cheney lead them into battle[/B]..Oh wait, they're chicken hawks..[/QUOTE]

Don't make me laugh.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I posted a report regarding PBS a few weeks back and it showed how slanted the media toward the neo-cons. And PBS has been called "liberal" many times inthe public. Clearly this study showed otherwise.

I have not run across a study as profund since then.

Most of the media went along with Bush and the war effort. I don't see how "liberal" that is.[/QUOTE]

They were for their country, before they were against it?

MSM isnt liberal *chuckle* boy thats a hot one.

Right up there with the reparations thing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bman]more troops = more violennce and more deaths..I'm all for it[/QUOTE]

I bet you are.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=flushingjet]They were for their country, before they were against it?

MSM isnt liberal *chuckle* boy thats a hot one.

Right up there with the reparations thing.[/QUOTE]

How does being against a mindless war mean you are against your country???

As ive said before, active duty soldiers are there to follow orders. They may be for or against the war. Im sure there are soldiers who represent both sides. No matter what, though they will do as their leadership tells them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]over the age limit....

but [B]I have one cousin there now and two who returned last year- they all think the bastard liberal media in this nation is one sided sc^m and laugh at minions like yourself who blindly follow along[/B]...[/QUOTE]

Let me guess...your cousins were for the war before they went. I also suspect your cousins shared the same CONartist political views before they even joined the Army. Right??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]How does being against a mindless war mean you are against your country???[/QUOTE]

You're SO right Ken. The USA should ask YOU what Wars to fight from now on. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]You're SO right Ken. The USA should ask YOU what Wars to fight from now on. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Cause , of course,[U] everyone [/U] knows [I]I [/I] was the[U] only [/U] one against going to Iraq from day 1 :rolleyes:

Get a friggin clue!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Cause , of course,[U] everyone [/U] knows [I]I [/I] was the[U] only [/U] one against going to Iraq from day 1 :rolleyes:

Get a friggin clue![/QUOTE]

In other words: You were against the goals of the United States before we ever made a move, made any mistakes, or violated any terrorist "human rights", eh? You were against it all from "Day 1", eh?

And you expect people to think you're not a traitorous piece of ****. Riiiiight. Root against your country before we even step in-country, cause you just KNOW we're evil and cannot win (moral and millitary genius you are, of course), and then you expect anyone with half a brain to think you're a good American? I don't ****ing think so.

Anyway, isn't there a Holocaust Denial Website (based in Iran of course) you should be on, instead of wasting your time here? We all know how much you love Iranian Leadership and their values.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Let me guess...your cousins were for the war before they went. I also suspect your cousins shared the same CONartist political views before they even joined the Army. Right??[/QUOTE]

fanning your flames of ignorance again???

they certainly don't share the same "blame America first" attitude a sc^mbag like you possesses...

and unlike you- they entered after graduating college rahter than exploit the military for the purposes of paying college tuition....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]In other words: You were against the goals of the United States before we ever made a move, made any mistakes, or violated any terrorist "human rights", eh? You were against it all from "Day 1", eh?

And you expect people to think you're not a traitorous piece of ****. Riiiiight. Root against your country before we even step in-country, cause you just KNOW we're evil and cannot win (moral and millitary genius you are, of course), and then you expect anyone with half a brain to think you're a good American? I don't ****ing think so.

Anyway, isn't there a Holocaust Denial Website (based in Iran of course) you should be on, instead of wasting your time here? We all know how much you love Iranian Leadership and their values.....[/QUOTE]

I don't see it as rooting against your country. I see it as letting the Peace Process continue (looking for WMD's by the experts). What was our rush?

I was more for the inspectors advancing their agenda. I never doubted we could win the war. We have the greatest military in the world. I was a part of that machine before.

War is brutal and it takes a toll on the families involved. Even the winning side loses lives. Why that loss? For What?

And now it is certain that the gov't (Bush admin) lied. They provided the citizens here bad intelligence. Why could they not have checked it a few times? What made them so overzealous that they could see nothing else.

More troops are dead in Iraq than citizens killed in 911. More Iraqis are dead than Saddam killed. How can you support this?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg]I don't see it as rooting against your country. I see it as letting the Peace Process continue (looking for WMD's by the experts). What was our rush?

I was more for the inspectors advancing their agenda. I never doubted we could win the war. We have the greatest military in the world. I was a part of that machine before.

War is brutal and it takes a toll on the families involved. Even the winning side loses lives. Why that loss? For What?

And now it is certain that the gov't (Bush admin) lied. They provided the citizens here bad intelligence. Why could they not have checked it a few times? What made them so overzealous that they could see nothing else.

More troops are dead in Iraq than citizens killed in 911. More Iraqis are dead than Saddam killed. How can you support this?[/QUOTE]

Bad intelligence, I agree but both sides agreed to go to war. Many supporters on both sides. The only difference was the Dems retracting their comments in order to better their party. Our young soldiers fighting and dying daily but the important arguement was "I told you so." Eventually, our gov't will work as one and the goals set to better our country. Until then, meaningless debates such as these will continue.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shambone]Bad intelligence, I agree but both sides agreed to go to war. Many supporters on both sides. The only difference was the Dems retracting their comments in order to better their party. Our young soldiers fighting and dying daily but the important arguement was "I told you so." Eventually, our gov't will work as one and the goals set to better our country. Until then, meaningless debates such as these will continue.[/QUOTE]

The reason the dems got in now is to stop the war. If they do not they will be tossed.

We will have a two or more party system again. The corpratocracy will end.