View Poll Results: Zito is gone...what do the mets do now?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • nothing

6 25.00%
  • trade for a big time or back end starter

8 33.33%
  • sign a starter

7 29.17%
  • improve bullpen

1 4.17%
  • improve hitting

2 8.33%

Thread: OT: Mets Offseason

OT: Mets Offseason

What do the Mets do now?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99
    What do the Mets do now?
    Play Golf?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Bye Bye Lastings Miledge..They have to trade him for a front of the rotation guy or we can kiss the WS goodbye in 07.

I voted sign a starter cuz i prefer Mulder simply because he doesnt cost you players. The obv. problem there is he won't be ready for opening day. Anyway you look at it starting pitching must be the priority. Either Mulder or Weaver via FA (and i am scared of Weaver) or Colon, Lee, Westbrook, Dontrelle, Harden, or Blanton via trade. Another guy I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on would be John Patterson he has very good stuff, but major injury problems. I hear however Bowden's asking price is WAY high though.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

At this point, id wait til the trade deadline and see where we are. If Clemens would consider Shea, id look at him.

I don't want to overpay for a jason jennings type player, and watch pelfrey/edge/heilman be the cornerstone of some other team.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan
    I voted sign a starter cuz i prefer Mulder simply because he doesnt cost you players. The obv. problem there is he won't be ready for opening day. Anyway you look at it starting pitching must be the priority. Either Mulder or Weaver via FA (and i am scared of Weaver) or Colon, Lee, Westbrook, Dontrelle, Harden, or Blanton via trade. Another guy I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on would be John Patterson he has very good stuff, but major injury problems. I hear however Bowden's asking price is WAY high though.
    good point but i heard mulder was down 2 -- 3 finalists none of which included us!

My belief is don't panic. Guy i wanted was suppan n then make a run a drunken willis his market didn't go up w/ those extra drinks.

don't want weaver he hasn't pitched well in ny b/4

colon isn't bad don't want 2 overpay for one of oaklands decent starters...beane always makes good deals!

lastings for dontrelle

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    lastings for dontrelle
    I'd do it in a second. The Marlins are going to lose him anyway next year.

All Pro
    Please Move.... If the J is replace by the M in Dec , MOVE!

All Pro
    Pursue the best available FA bullpen guys.

Trade for more bullpen depth.

Give Pelfry, Main, Humber and Soler (remember him?) a chance to prove themselves.

Go with what you have... the market is fruit loops right now. It's tech boom in 1999 crazy. Don't get into that.

During the off-season, teams only want your blue chip prospects. During the middle of the season, maybe one of your mid-level prospects can impress a GM and you can sell him above his value (a la Petit).

I want another innings either right now, but there is no value in the pro market right now. In a year or two when these teams are hamstrung by their stupid deals, the Mets will be free to make any move they want.

I give credit to the Yankees for spending wisely, too.

Quote Originally Posted by theVinman
    No way that happens they will want a lot more than him. even w/ the dwi dontrell will get a lot of attention. he's the guy drunk or not we need!

Quote Originally Posted by theVinman
    By saying the Marlins will lose him anyway next year, are you implying that they would take Milledge for Dontrelle? Yes, they will lose him anyways, but there will be at least 10 other teams wanting him and the Marlins will take the best package. No way the Mets would get him for just Milledge.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    If Clemens would consider Shea, id look at him.
    He wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    He wouldn't.

I wouldn't take that cheap shot clemons if u paid me. If the mets had the balls they would hav beamed him n kicked his ass when he hit Piazza.

Dontrell talks w/ start w/ milledge n pelfrey n work from there w/ any hope.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    By saying the Marlins will lose him anyway next year, are you implying that they would take Milledge for Dontrelle? Yes, they will lose him anyways, but there will be at least 10 other teams wanting him and the Marlins will take the best package. No way the Mets would get him for just Milledge.
    Milledge's stock went down from last year. No way the marlins do a one for one swap.

Anyways I think Dontrelle might have two years left of arbritration.